Ferry from Naples to Panarea
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Naples to Panarea?
Yes, there are up to 2 weekly crossings in the winter, while during the summer months there are daily ferry routes from Naples to Panarea. The connections are usually operated by the companies Siremar, Alilauro and SNAV.
Am I allowed to travel from Naples to Panarea?
Yes, you can travel from Naples to Panarea by ferry at the moment. However, travel guidelines may change. So, make sure to check the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry traveling in Italy before your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Naples to Panarea
During the winter months, ferries leave the port of Naples at 20:00 and arrive in Panarea at 8:00 in the following morning. Starting from May, new ferry schedules are usually added with departures in the morning.
However, bear in mind that ferry schedules may change. Therefore, make sure to check your travel time before your trip.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Naples to Panarea?
The Naples - Panarea ferry price is usually between €49 and €85. However, the ticket cost varies depending on the season, the type of vessel, vehicle and seat.
On Ferryhopper, you can find the best offers for the ferry trip to Panarea from Naples. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest ferry prices for this route, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at no extra cost.
Children up to 3 years can travel from Naples to Panarea for free. There are also discount tickets for children and residents of the Aeolian Islands.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Naples to Panarea?
The ferry from the port of Naples to Panarea takes between 7 hr and 12 hr, depending on the ferry operator.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Naples to Panarea?
The connection from the port of Naples to that of Panarea is also operated by hydrofoils. The fastest ferry to Panarea takes about 7 hr.
What’s the distance between Naples and Panarea?
The distance between the port of Naples and the island of Panarea is 140 nautical miles (about 260km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Panarea from Naples
Here are some useful tips for your ferry trip from Naples to Panarea:
- In the summer, we recommend you arrive at least 90 minutes before your departure at the port of Naples to avoid overcrowding.
- You can also reach the island of Panarea from the Sicilian ports of Milazzo, Messina and Palermo. Take a look at the Milazzo - Panarea, Messina - Panarea, Palermo - Panarea routes and choose the itinerary that suits you best!
- From Panarea, you can continue your adventure in the archipelago and also reach the other wonders of the Aeolian Islands, such as Salina and Vulcano!
- Although Panarea is the smallest of the Aeolian Islands, it is also the most popular destination. We, therefore, recommend that you book your trip well in advance.
Where to take the ferry from Naples to Panarea
Conventional ferries and hydrofoils to Panarea depart from the port of Naples. It is located near the city center (Piazza Municipio) and is easily accessible by public transport.
Ferries to Panarea depart from the Beverello pier of the port of Naples, while the hydrofoils depart from the Mergellina pier.
You can reach the Beverello pier from the Naples central station by taking the bus that stops in Piazza Garibaldi. To reach the Mergellina pier, you can use the metro, just a 5-minute walk from the port.
Can I travel on the ferry from Naples to Panarea with a car?
You can only embark your vehicle on Siremar ferries that operate the connection from Naples to Panarea.
If you decide to take the Naples - Panarea hydrofoil, you may need to leave your car in the paid parking lots located near the port.
Each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- On the ferries of Alilauro, each passenger is entitled to a single piece of luggage with maximum dimensions of 50x35x20cm and weighing less than 9kg.
- In SNAV company, you can take 1 piece of hand luggage with you weighing up to 9kg and with a maximum size of 50x35x20cm with no extra fee.
- On Siremar ferries, each passenger can bring 1 piece of luggage with a maximum weight of 20kg.
Reminder: companies usually apply an extra boarding fee for additional luggage that exceeds the proposed dimensions/weight.
There are various types of cabins to enjoy a comfortable trip on the conventional ferries of Siremar operating the Naples - Panarea connection.
On Naples - Panarea ferries, you can bring your pet on board. Make sure to fill out the appropriate information as you book your tickets. A carrier or cage is required for small pets. As for larger pets, they must have a muzzle and be on a leash.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Naples to Panarea
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Naples to Panarea online on Ferryhopper. On our Map of ferries, you can see all the available ferry connections, compare ferry companies and fares, and book your ferry trip to Panarea with just a few clicks.