Ferry from Naples to Panarea
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Naples to Panarea?
Yes, there are up to 2 weekly crossings in the winter, while during the summer months, there are usually daily ferry routes from Naples to Panarea. The connections are usually operated by the companies Siremar, Alilauro and SNAV.
What’s the ferry schedule from Naples to Panarea
During the winter months, ferries leave the port of Naples at 20:00 and arrive in Panarea at around 08:00 the following morning. In the summer months, Naples - Panarea hydrofoils depart at 14:30 and arrive in Panarea by 19:35.
As ferry availability and frequency depend on the season, you can find all available ferry departures on Ferryhopper in real time!
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Naples to Panarea?
The Naples - Panarea ferry price starts at around €60. However, the final ticket cost depends on the season, type of vessel, vehicle selection, and accommodation type.
On Ferryhopper, you can find the best offers for the ferry trip to Panarea from Naples. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest ferry prices and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper easily and quickly.
Children up to 3 years old can travel from Naples to Panarea for free. There are also discount tickets for children and residents of the Aeolian Islands.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Naples to Panarea?
The ferry from the port of Naples to Panarea takes between 5 hr and 12 hr, depending on the ferry operator and type of vessel you're traveling with.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Naples to Panarea?
The route from the port of Naples to that of Panarea is also operated by hydrofoils. The fastest ferry to Panarea takes about 5 hr.
What’s the distance between Naples and Panarea?
The distance between the port of Naples and the island of Panarea is 140 nautical miles (about 260 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Panarea from Naples
Here are some useful tips for your ferry trip from Naples to Panarea:
- In the summer, we recommend you arrive at least 90 minutes before your departure at the port of Naples to avoid overcrowding.
- You can also reach the island of Panarea from the Sicilian ports of Milazzo, Messina and Palermo. Take a look at the Milazzo - Panarea, Messina - Panarea, Palermo - Panarea ferry routes, and choose the crossing that suits you best!
- From Panarea, you can continue your adventure in the archipelago and also reach the other wonders of the Aeolian Islands, such as Salina and Vulcano!
- Although Panarea is the smallest of the Aeolian Islands, it is also the most popular destination. We, therefore, recommend that you book your trip well in advance.
- Make sure to check the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry traveling in Italy before your Naples - Panarea ferry trip.
Where to take the ferry from Naples to Panarea
Only on conventional ferries operating the Naples - Panarea route can motor vehicles be taken on board, but not on hydrofoils.
Panarea is very small, however, and can be safely explored on foot or by bicycle.
Useful info: in Panarea there is a complete ban on the disembarkation and movement of motor vehicles, motorcycles and mopeds for non-residents from May to October. Read more about the vehicle transport regulations for the Italian islands.
Can I travel on the ferry from Naples to Panarea with a car?
You can only embark your vehicle on Siremar ferries that operate the route from Naples to Panarea.
If you decide to take the Naples - Panarea hydrofoil instead, you may need to leave your car in the nearby paid parking lots.
Each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- On the ferries of Alilauro, each passenger is entitled to a single piece of luggage with maximum dimensions of 50x35x20 cm and weighing less than 9 kg.
- With SNAV, you can take 1 piece of hand luggage with you weighing up to 9 kg and with a maximum size of 50x35x20 cm free of charge.
- On Siremar ferries, each passenger can bring 1 piece of luggage with a maximum weight of 20 kg.
Reminder: companies usually apply an extra boarding fee for additional luggage that exceeds the proposed dimensions/weight.
On the Naples - Panarea ferry route, there are various types of cabins for a more comfortable trip. Keep in mind that this accommodation type is only available on the conventional ferries of Siremar.
On Naples - Panarea ferries, you can bring your pet on board. Make sure to fill out the appropriate information as you book your tickets. A carrier or cage is required for small pets. As for larger pets, they must have a muzzle and be on a leash.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Naples to Panarea
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Naples to Panarea online on Ferryhopper. On our Map of ferries, you can browse all available ferry connections, compare ferry companies and fares, and book your ferry trip to Panarea easily and quickly.