Ferry from Salerno to Amalfi
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Salerno to Amalfi?
Yes, you can travel from Salerno to Amalfi by ferry thanks to seasonal routes operated by NLG (Navigazione Libera del Golfo), Positano Jet and Travelmar.
The ferry route is active from April to October and is usually served 11 times a day.
What’s the ferry schedule from Salerno to Amalfi?
The first ferry to Amalfi usually departs from the port of Salerno at 08:20 and reaches its destination around 08:45. The last ferry normally departs at 18:00 and arrives in Amalfi around 19:00.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Salerno to Amalfi?
Salerno - Amalfi ferry tickets range from €9 to €13, depending on the operator.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all current offers for the ferry trip to Amalfi from Salerno. Find real-time information about available ferry routes, compare fares and offers, and book your ferry tickets at the best prices.
Current offers are automatically applied when booking your ferry tickets.
Infants and toddlers up to 2 years old travel for free, while children from 3 to 10-12 years old travel with discount tickets. There are also discounts for groups and for residents of the Municipalities of the Amalfi Coast.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Salerno to Amalfi?
The Salerno - Amalfi ferry trip takes from 25 min to 1 hr, depending on the company and the ferry itinerary.
Tip: remember that you can always check any changes and track your ferry in real time on the Ferryhopper App.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Salerno to Amalfi?
The ferry connection between Salerno and Amalfi is also operated only by fast ferries that reach their destination in about 25 min.
What’s the distance between Salerno and Amalfi?
The distance between Salerno and Amalfi is 8 nautical miles (around 15 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Amalfi from Salerno
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Salerno to Amalfi:
- We recommend arriving at the port of Salerno well in advance, especially in high season and on weekends, to avoid overcrowding.
- In case of very rough seas, ferry services can be suspended. Please make sure to always contact the company you are traveling with before the trip.
- As Salerno - Amalfi is a very popular ferry route in the summer months, we recommend booking your tickets in advance.
- If you are wondering what is the best way to get around the Amalfi Coast, you already have the answer! By taking the ferry, you can avoid the summer traffic and the winding streets.
- Find out what to see and do in the beautiful Amalfi on our dedicated travel guide.
- From Amalfi, you can continue your adventure by sea and visit nearby towns. The Amalfi - Positano ferry trip takes just 15 min!
- For the latest information on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy, you can check our relevant post.
Where to take the ferry from Salerno to Amalfi?
Normally, ferries to Amalfi depart from Molo Manfredi and Molo Masuccio (in Piazza della Concordia square). The two piers are a 20-min walk from each other.
We recommend checking with the company about the exact departure pier, as it may vary from one crossing to another.
Useful info: Molo Manfredi also hosts the famous shell-shaped maritime station designed by the architect Zaha Hadid and various amenities including bars, pizzerias, megastores, and boutiques of all kinds.
Can I travel on the ferry from Salerno to Amalfi with a car?
No, you can’t embark your vehicle on ferries serving the Salerno - Amalfi route.
You can leave your car in one of the paid parking lots at the port area of Salerno.
Each ferry company traveling from Salerno to Amalfi has its own baggage allowance policy. More specifically:
- Travelmar allows passengers to bring 1 piece of hand luggage with a maximum size of 45x35x20 cm. For any extra luggage, a fee is applied.
- With Positano Jet, you can bring on board 1 piece of luggage with a maximum size of 55x40x20cm for a €2 fee. Hand bags and backpacks can be transported free of charge.
- NLG considers suitcases, travel bags and backpacks with maximum dimensions of 50x30x15 cm and a weight up to 5 kg as luggage.
As the trip duration is short, there are no cabins available on ferries traveling from Salerno to Amalfi.
Pets are welcome on all ferries from Salerno to Amalfi. You can travel with your pet as long as you include it in the booking and pay a small fee.
For more information on the documents and conditions required to travel with your pet, we recommend contacting the company you travel with.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Salerno to Amalfi
On Ferryhopper, you can book ferry tickets to Amalfi from Salerno easily and quickly. Check all available ferry crossings on our Map of ferries, compare schedules and fares, and plan your ferry trip in the Amalfi Coast at the same prices as ferry companies!