Ferry from Salerno to Amalfi
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Salerno to Amalfi?
There are usually more than 10 ferry crossings from Salerno to Amalfi active from April to October. This service is offered by 3 companies: Travelmar, Navigazione Libera del Golfo (NLG) and Positano Jet.
Please bear in mind that ferry timetables are subject to change from season to season. You can check our fare search engine for the latest ferry timetables and book your tickets with no extra cost.
How long is the ferry ride from Salerno to Amalfi?
The duration of the ferry from the port of Salerno to Amalfi is around 25 to 30 min. Please, keep in mind that travel time depends on weather conditions and the type of ferry.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Salerno to Amalfi?
Yes, the fastest ferry to Amalfi from Salerno takes about 25 min by high-speed boats (hydrofoils).
How much is the ferry from Salerno to Amalfi?
The price of a ferry ticket from Salerno to Amalfi is around €10. The ticket cost can be higher or lower depending on vehicle and seat selection, as well as available discounts. If you take a return ticket, you will be eligible for a discount.
Tip: you can also travel with your pet for an additional cost of around €5.
What’s the ferry schedule from Salerno to Amalfi?
There are normally 10 daily ferry crossings from Salerno to Amalfi. The earliest ferry from Salerno departs at around 08:20 and arrives in Amalfi around 08:45. The latest departure is usually at 18:00 arriving around 18:30.
What’s the distance between Salerno and Amalfi?
The distance between Salerno and Amalfi is 8 nautical miles (approximately 15km).
Am I allowed to travel from Salerno to Amalfi?
Yes, travelling from Salerno to Amalfi is possible. When you start planning your holidays, take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy, including all the documents required for your trip.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Salerno to Amalfi?
Α blooming terrace overlooking the blue coast of Amalfi
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Salerno to Amalfi
Here are some important travel tips for your trip from Salerno to Amalfi:
- Ferry times change frequently. It is recommended to recheck the ferry timetable from Salerno to Amalfi a few days before your departure.
- During the summer months and weekends, it is advisable to arrive at the port of Salerno at least an hour before boarding to avoid delays.
- In case of hazardous weather conditions, ferry services are usually suspended. Please make sure to always consult with the company you are traveling with.
- You can also explore the beautiful landscapes of Campania by catching a ferry from Salerno to Capri and from Salerno to Positano.
Where to take the ferry from Salerno to Amalfi
Normally, NLG ferries depart from Molo Manfredi, while Travelmar and Positano Jet ferries depart from Piazza della Concordia (Molo Masuccio). The two piers are 20 minutes apart on foot. We always recommend that you check with the ferry operator about departure gates, as they may change.
Near the port of Salerno you can find bars, restaurants, shops and several paid parking lots for long or short-term stays.
Tip: you can also visit the famous oyster-like maritime station designed by Zaha Hadid.
Each ferry company from Salerno to Amalfi has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- Travelmar allows passengers to bring 1 piece of hand luggage with a maximum size of 45x35x20cm.
- Positano Jet considers all types of suitcases to be luggage, regardless of weight and size with a small additional cost of €2.
- On the ferries of NLG passengers can have 1 piece of luggage up to 50x30x15cm. The limit for carry-on luggage is up to 5kg.
Given the short duration of the Salerno - Amalfi route, there are no cabins on the vessels. Onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
Can I travel on the ferry from Salerno to Amalfi with a car?
You cannot bring your vehicle on the ferry to Amalfi from Salerno. However, you can make use of the paid parking lots close to the port of Salerno.