Ferry from Naples to Amalfi
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Naples to Amalfi?
Yes, you can travel from Naples to Amalfi by ferry thanks to seasonal routes operated by NLG (Navigazione Libera del Golfo) and Alilauro.
The ferry route is active from April to the end of October and is usually served with 4-6 crossings a day.
Info: bear in mind that Alilauro hydrofoils serve Naples - Amalfi crossings only on Saturdays and Sundays.
What’s the ferry schedule from Naples to Amalfi?
The first ferry to Amalfi usually departs from the port of Naples at 08:30 and reaches its destination around 09:45. The last ferry normally departs at 15:55 and arrives in Amalfi around 17:10.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Naples to Amalfi?
Naples - Amalfi ferry tickets range from €25 to €28.50. The price varies depending on the operator.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all current offers for the ferry trip to Amalfi from Naples. Find real-time information about available ferry routes, compare fares and offers, and book your ferry tickets at the best prices.
Current offers are automatically applied when booking your ferry tickets.
Infants and toddlers up to 2 years old travel for free, while children from 3 to 12 years old travel with discount tickets. There are also discounts for groups and residents of the Amalfi Coast.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Naples to Amalfi?
The Naples - Amalfi ferry trip takes from 1 hr 15 min to 1 hr 45 min, depending on the company and the vessel type.
Tip: remember that you can always check any changes and track your ferry in real time on the Ferryhopper App.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Naples to Amalfi?
The connection between Naples and Amalfi is also operated by fast ferries. The shortest crossing takes 1 hr 15 min.
What’s the distance between Naples and Amalfi?
The distance between Naples and Amalfi is 20 nautical miles (around 38 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Amalfi from Naples
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Naples to Amalfi:
- We recommend arriving at the port of Naples at least 1 hr in advance, especially in high season and on weekends, to avoid overcrowding.
- In case of very rough seas, ferry services can be suspended. Please make sure to always contact the company you are traveling with before the trip.
- Find out what to see and do in the beautiful Amalfi on our dedicated travel guide.
- As Naples - Amalfi is a very popular ferry route in the summer months, we recommend booking your tickets in advance.
- Plan your adventure from Naples to Amalfi and find out about beautiful nearby locations you should include in your itinerary.
- From Naples, you can also directly reach the Amalfi Coast by ferry from Naples to Positano.
- For the latest information on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy, you can check our relevant post.
Where to take the ferry from Naples to Amalfi?
Ferries to Amalfi leave from the Molo Beverello pier in the port of Naples.
You can easily reach the port from the Naples Central railway station thanks to a bus that stops at Piazza Garibaldi. Also, Molo Beverello is less than 10 min on foot from the Municipio metro station.
Can I travel on the ferry from Naples to Amalfi with a car?
No, you can’t embark your vehicle on ferries serving the Naples - Amalfi route.
If you arrive in Naples by car, you can leave it in one of the private parking lots at the port area. And if you are still wondering whether you should take the car or the ferry to the Amalfi Coast, we are here to help you with your decision.
Each ferry company traveling from Naples to Amalfi has its own baggage allowance policy. More specifically:
- NLG considers suitcases, travel bags and backpacks with maximum dimensions of 50x30x15 cm and a weight up to 5 kg as luggage.
- On Alilauro ferries, you can bring a 1 piece of luggage on board with a maximum size of 50x35x20 cm and a weight up to 9 kg.
There are no cabins available on ferries traveling from Naples to Amalfi. However, onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
On Naples - Amalfi ferries, you can travel safely with your pet, as long as you include it in the booking and pay a small fee.
For more information about the documents and conditions required to travel with your pet, we recommend contacting the company you travel with.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Naples to Amalfi
On Ferryhopper, you can book ferry tickets to Amalfi from Naples easily and quickly. Find all available ferry crossings on our Map of ferries, compare schedules and fares, and plan your ferry trip in the Amalfi Coast at the same prices as ferry companies!