Ferry from Naples to Amalfi
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Naples to Amalfi?
Yes, there is a direct connection from Naples to Amalfi, operated by the hydrofoils of NLG and Alilauro. You can find all updated ferry schedules on Ferryhopper and plan your trip easily.
Am I allowed to travel from Naples to Amalfi?
Yes, traveling from Naples to Amalfi is possible. As you start planning your holidays, take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy, including all the documents required for your ferry trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Naples to Amalfi
The Naples - Amalfi ferry route is seasonal and it is available with 4 daily connections, depending on the day of the week and the company you’re traveling with. The route runs from June to October.
If you’re traveling with NLG, the first hydrofoil leaves from the port of Naples at 08:30 in the morning, arriving in Amalfi at around 10:00. The last departure is scheduled for 14:40.
The hydrofoils of Alilauro are available on weekends. The first hydrofoil departs at 08:00 in the morning and arrives in Amalfi at 09:20. The last departure is usually scheduled for 17:00.
How much is the ferry from Naples to Amalfi?
The ferry tickets for the Naples - Amalfi route cost about €20-30. The final ticket price varies depending on available discounts, seasonality and the company you’re traveling with.
On Ferryhopper you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Amalfi from Naples. Search for your desired travel dates, find the offer that suits you best and book your tickets on offer on Ferryhopper, without hidden fees.
On Ferryhopper, the standard discounts for the ferry route from Naples to Amalfi are the following:
- 100% for toddlers
- 50% for children (4-12)
Tip: apart from the above, NLG offers additional discounts, depending on the ferry route.
How long is the ferry ride from Naples to Amalfi?
The duration of the Naples - Amalfi trip is about 1 hr 30 minutes, depending on the ferry company you’re traveling with.
What’s the distance between Naples and Amalfi?
The distance between Naples and Amalfi is approximately 20 nautical miles (about 38km).
Is there a high-speed ferry from Naples to Amalfi?
The route from Naples to Amalfi is only operated by fast hydrofoils that reach the port in 1 hr 20 min.
Scenic alleyways among houses in Amalfi
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Naples to Amalfi
Find the best travel tips for your trip to Amalfi from Naples:
- If you wish to travel in July or August, we recommend that you arrive at the port of Naples well in advance before your departure to avoid delays. This also applies to crossings on the weekends.
- In case of bad weather conditions, hydrofoils services are usually suspended. We suggest you consult the ferry company you are traveling with.
- Traveling by sea is the best way to explore the Amalfi Coast, as you can avoid traffic and curvy roads.
- From the port of Amalfi, you can easily reach the cliffside village of Positano. Discover Amalfi - Positano ferry route on Ferryhopper and plan your trip easily!
- Have a look at our Amalfi travel guide and discover useful tips and information for your holidays!
Where to take the ferry from Naples to Amalfi
Hydrofoils to Amalfi depart from Molo Beverello, located at the port of Naples. It is close to the city center of Naples (Piazza Municipio) and is easily accessible by public transport, including local bus lines.
Tip: close to the port, you can find bars, restrooms and parking lots.
Can I travel on the ferry from Naples to Amalfi with a car?
You cannot bring your vehicle on the hydrofoils to Amalfi. If you’re traveling to Amalfi by car, you can make use of the paid parking lots close to the port of Naples.
The companies that operate on the Naples - Amalfi ferry route have similar policies for luggage:
- On the ferries of Alilauro, each passenger is entitled to a single piece of luggage with maximum dimensions of 50x35x20cm and weighing less than 9kg.
- NLG allows passengers to carry a single piece of luggage with a maximum size of 50x30x15cm and a maximum weight of 5kg.
Reminder: for additional luggage and luggage that exceeds the proposed dimensions/weight, companies usually apply an extra boarding fee.
Given the short duration of the Naples - Amalfi ferry trip, there are no cabins available on the hydrofoils. Onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
For an extra boarding fee, you can travel with your pet to Amalfi. Make sure to carry along the necessary pet certificates and tickets.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Naples to Amalfi
You can book ferry tickets from Naples to Amalfi on Ferryhopper with just a few clicks. Find more information about ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare companies, prices and schedules, and plan the trip of your dreams!