Ferry from Piombino to Elba
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Piombino to Elba?
The Piombino - Elba ferry route is available with about 70 daily sailings to Portoferraio, Rio Marina and Cavo.
The route is active all year round, operated by 4 companies: Blu Navy, Corsica Ferries, Toremar and Moby Lines.
How long is the ferry ride from Piombino to Elba?
The duration of the ferry trip from Piombino to Elba varies between 30 min and 1 hr, depending on the port you’re traveling to:
- The Piombino - Portoferraio route lasts about 40 min to 1 hr.
- The Piombino - Rio Marina route usually lasts 45 min.
- The Piombino - Cavo route lasts about 20 min.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Piombino to Elba?
Yes, the route from Piombino to Elba is also operated by fast ferries and hydrofoils. You can reach the port of Cavo in 20 min or the port of Portoferraio in about 40 min.
How much is the ferry from Piombino to Elba?
The price of the ferry tickets to Elba from Piombino is about €10-20. The final cost may vary depending on seasonality.
What’s the ferry schedule from Piombino to Elba?
Usually, the first ferry to Elba leaves from Piombino at 05:30 in the morning, arriving at around 06:30. The last ferry is scheduled for 22:20 and reaches Elba at 23:20.
What’s the distance between Piombino and Elba?
The distance between Piombino and Elba is approximately 13 nautical miles (about 21km).
Am I allowed to travel from Piombino to Elba?
Yes, traveling from Piombino to Elba by ferry is currently permitted. Before planning your trip, take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy, including all the documents required for your journey.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Piombino to Elba?
On Ferryhopper, you can book cheap ferry tickets from Piombino to Elba easily and quickly. Find more information about ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare companies, prices and schedules, and plan your trip at no extra cost!
A scenic alley in Portoferraio, Elba
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Piombino to Elba
Have a look at some important tips for your ferry trip to Elba:
- Tickets tend to sell out quickly during high season. We suggest you book your ferry tickets from Piombino to Elba early, especially if you want to bring along your vehicle.
- Make sure to arrive at the port of Piombino well in advance to avoid delays.
- If you wish to get around Elba by ferry, there are connections between Portoferraio and Cavo. The ferry trip lasts about 20 min.
- After your holidays in Elba, you can catch a ferry from Portoferraio and get to the island of Corsica in 1 hr and 30 min. Take a look at the Elba - Bastia ferry route here!
Where to take the ferry from Piombino to Elba
Ferries and hydrofoils to Elba depart from the port of Piombino Marittima, which is less than 2km from the city center. You can easily reach the port by train in about 20 min.
The companies that operate on the ferry route from Piombino to Elba have different policies for luggage:
- With Toremar, passengers are allowed to bring luggage with a maximum weight of 20kg on ferries and 10kg on hydrofoils.
- Corsica Ferries allows passengers to carry a single piece of hand luggage for free, with maximum dimensions of 200x100x50cm.
- On the ferries of Blue Navy and Moby Lines, there are no limitations on the size and weight of luggage per passenger.
There are cabins available on some ferries to Elba, depending on the company and type of vessel. As there is increased demand during high season, make sure to plan your trip early in advance. The same applies to ferry rides on weekends.
Reminder: onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
Can I travel on the ferry from Piombino to Elba with a car?
Vehicles are allowed on most ferries from Piombino to Elba. If you wish to leave your vehicle behind, there are free and paid parking lots close to the port.