Ferry from Mallorca to Barcelona
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Mallorca to Barcelona?
Normally, there are daily ferries from the ports of Mallorca to Barcelona. The route is mainly operated by 3 ferry companies: Trasmediterránea, Baleària and GNV.
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change depending on the season. You can find real-time schedules from both ports of Mallorca to mainland Spain and book your ferry tickets online on Ferryhopper.
What’s the ferry schedule from Mallorca to Barcelona
Usually, there are around 20 weekly ferry crossings from both ports of Mallorca to Barcelona, with increased ferry frequency in the high season.
The earliest ferry usually departs at 08:30 in the morning from Alcúdia and reaches the port of Barcelona around 14:30. The latest ferry from Mallorca to Barcelona leaves at around 14:30, reaching Barcelona at about 20:00.
Rarely, there are also ferries that depart around midnight, arriving the following morning.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Mallorca to Barcelona?
The ticket cost for the trip from Mallorca to Barcelona starts at around €23 and can reach €158. The final cost may vary depending on the operator, available discounts, seat type, and vehicle selection.
Find the best available offers for the route you’re interested in on Ferryhopper. Take a look at our ferry crossings, compare prices and offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper without hidden fees.
Toddlers can travel by ferry from Mallorca to Barcelona for free. There are also discount tickets for children and residents of the Balearic Islands. Check all crossings on our fare search engine and find the discount that best suits your needs.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Mallorca to Barcelona?
The ferry from Mallorca to Barcelona takes about 5 hr to 10.5 hr. Travel time depends on the departure port and the type of vessel.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Mallorca to Barcelona?
The Mallorca - Barcelona ferry route is mainly operated by conventional ferries that have bed cabins and allow the transfer of vehicles. The fastest ferry departs from the port of Alcúdia and takes 5-5.5 hr to reach the port of Barcelona.
What’s the distance between Mallorca and Barcelona?
The distance between the island of Mallorca and Barcelona is around 112 nautical miles (207 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Barcelona from Mallorca
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Mallorca to Barcelona:
- Make sure that you arrive at the port of Mallorca at least 1 hr before your departure, as it can get quite busy, especially in summer.
- Mallorca has 2 ports: Palma and Alcúdia. Make sure that you double-check the port of departure on your booking confirmation.
- Transferring your vehicle by ferry from Mallorca to Barcelona is a great idea if you want to do a road trip to Costa Brava and mainland Spain.
- Barcelona is one of the most beautiful Spanish cities and we recommend exploring its architecture, food and culture. Read more about what to do and where to go in our Barcelona travel guide.
Where to take the ferry from Mallorca to Barcelona
Mallorca has 2 ports that both serve ferry crossings to Barcelona. The port of Mallorca that mainly serves connections to Barcelona is the port of Alcúdia. There are also a few ferry crossings from the port of Palma de Mallorca, located on the west coast of the island.
The distance between Palma and Alcúdia is approximately 55 km. There are regular trains and buses connecting the 2 ports in about 1 hr.
The port of Palma is closer to the island’s airport (about 15 km) and takes about 25 min by car or 1 hr by public transport to get there.
Can I travel on the ferry from Mallorca to Barcelona with a car?
Yes, the majority of the ferries that travel from Mallorca to Barcelona have garages for vehicles.
Each ferry company that serves this route has different luggage policies:
- Trasmediterránea allows passengers to carry luggage with a maximum weight of 40 kg for cabins and 30 kg for onboard seating. Ferries often have closed spaces for luggage.
- On the ferries of Baleària, there are no limitations on the amount of luggage per passenger, as long as you can handle it on your own. There are also open luggage trunks in the passenger lounges for storing your luggage.
- With GNV, each passenger is allowed to carry up to 2 pieces of personal luggage on board.
Most of the ferries on the Mallorca - Barcelona route have cabins and numbered seats for a more comfortable trip.
When it comes to traveling to Barcelona by ferry, you can bring along your pet. Depending on the operator and type of vessel, there are various services and infrastructures for your little friend, such as special pet-friendly cabins and kennels.
For more information regarding documents and pet travel, we suggest that you consult the ferry company you’re traveling with.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Mallorca to Barcelona
You can book cheap ferry tickets to Barcelona online on Ferryhopper. On our Map of ferries, you can find all available ferry crossings, compare ferry companies, schedules and prices, and book your trip from the Balearic Islands to mainland Spain with no hidden fees.