Traveling from Ibiza to Barcelona by ferry
The port of Ibiza, or Eivissa as it is also called, has several ferry connections with the port of Barcelona. On the Ferryhopper search engine you will find all the available ferry routes to travel from Ibiza to Barcelona and mainland Spain as well as all the ferry ticket types for passengers and vehicle. In this post you will find some useful information for your ferry trip from the Balearic islands to Barcelona, an ideal holiday plan to also get to know the famous Catalan capital.
How often do ferries connect Ibiza to Barcelona?
How long is the ferry trip from Ibiza to Barcelona?
The duration of the direct ferry trip from the island of Ibiza to the port of Barcelona is from 8 hours to 9,5 hours depending on the ferry and the itinerary that you will choose.
For this ferry route you have the option of booking a night ferry and starting your day in the city of Barcelona. Since the ferry trip duration is more than 8 hours, we would recommend that you book a bed cabin in order to sleep through the journey or reserve a numbered seat for a more comfortable ferry ride. During the summer months the ferry tickets for this route sell out fast so it would be good to book your seats and cabins well in advance!
On Ferryhopper you will find all the available ferry ticket types and all ferry itineraries to travel by ferry in the Mediterranean sea!
Distance from Ibiza to Barcelona
The distance between Ibiza and Barcelona is approximately 280 km or 152 nautical miles.
Ferry ticket prices Ibiza - Barcelona
The ferry ticket price for the Ibiza - Barcelona route starts from around 50 euros but due to high demand you might end up paying more. So make sure that you book your ferry tickets for Barcelona in advance!
Tips for the ferry trip from Ibiza to Barcelona
- The port of Ibiza can be extra busy, particularly during the summer months, with ferries and visitors. We would suggest that you arrive at the port of departure at least 1 hour in advance, especially if you are travelling with your vehicle.
- The taxi services in Ibiza are quite expensive so if you would like to organise a cheap transfer to the port of Ibiza we would suggest that you check the local bus services.
- During the summer months the ferry tickets from Ibiza to mainland Spain and the rest of the Balearic islands sell out quickly. We recommend that you book your ferry tickets from Ibiza to Barcelona well in advance, especially if you would like to book a bed cabin.
- The city of Barcelona has a good public transport network so when you arrive at the port of Barcelona you can get the T-3 Port bus that takes you to the city centre. The port of Barcelona is also located close to the "Drassanes" tube station on line L3.
- Barcelona is a beautiful city, cosmopolitan and bohemian, that you should definitely spend some time exploring its architecture, its culture and of course its food. Find out more about what to do when in Barcelona in our relevant page.