Ferry from Ibiza to Barcelona
Tickets & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Ibiza to Barcelona?
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change depending on the season. You can check real-time schedules and book ferry tickets online for the Ibiza-Barcelona route on Ferryhopper.
Am I allowed to travel from Ibiza to Barcelona?
Yes, traveling from Ibiza to Barcelona by ferry is allowed. Take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Spain and get ready for your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Ibiza to Barcelona?
There are normally several weekly crossings from the port of Ibiza to Barcelona, with increased ferry frequency in the summer.
The majority of the ferries depart from Ibiza at around 10:00 in the morning, reaching the port of Barcelona at 19:00.
The latest ferry to Barcelona from Ibiza normally departs at noon, arriving at around 20:00. There are also ferries that arrive in Barcelona at 23:00, as well as some overnight ferry crossings.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Ibiza to Barcelona?
Ferry prices from Ibiza to Barcelona start at around €55. The final cost may vary depending on available discounts, seat/cabin type and vehicle selection.
Discover the best available offers for the ferry route you’re interested in on Ferryhopper. Find real-time information about our ferry crossings, compare prices and offers, and book ferry tickets at the best price!
Toddlers can travel from Ibiza to Barcelona for free, while there are also discount tickets for children and natives of the Balearics.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Ibiza to Barcelona?
The ferry trip duration from Ibiza to Barcelona ranges from 8 to 11.5 hr, depending on the operator you’re traveling with.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Ibiza to Barcelona?
The Ibiza - Barcelona ferry connections are mainly operated by conventional ferries that have bed cabins and car decks for the transportation of vehicles. The fastest ferry to Barcelona reaches the port city in about 8 hr.
What’s the distance between Ibiza and Barcelona?
The distance between Ibiza and Barcelona is approximately 149 nautical miles (276km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Barcelona from Ibiza
Here, you can find some travel tips for your trip from Ibiza to Barcelona:
- The port of Ibiza can get quite busy, especially in the summer. We recommend arriving at the port well in advance, especially if you are traveling with your vehicle.
- Taxi services in Ibiza are quite expensive. If you wish to get to the port, make sure to check the local bus services for a budget-friendly solution.
- Once you arrive at the port of Barcelona, you can get the T-3 Port bus that takes you to the city center. The port of Barcelona is also located close to the Drassanes tube station on line L3.
- Barcelona is a cosmopolitan destination with bohemian vibes and a great lifestyle. Read our Barcelona travel guide and find out what to do and see in this amazing city!
Where to take the ferry from Ibiza to Barcelona
From the main port of Ibiza Town, you can travel by ferry to the port of Barcelona. The port of Ibiza is located close to the island’s Old Town and it's a 10-minutes drive from the airport.
The port of Ibiza is also close to some of the most popular beaches on the island, such as Playa d'en Bossa and Platja de ses Figueretes. There, you can find plenty of clubs and resorts.
Can I travel on the ferry from Ibiza to Barcelona with a car?
Yes, ferries traveling from Ibiza to Barcelona allow the transport of vehicles.
The ferry companies serving this route have different luggage policies:
- On the ferries of Trasmediterránea, passengers can carry luggage with a maximum weight of 40kg for cabins and 30kg for onboard seating. There are usually closed spaces for luggage on the ferries.
- With Baleària, there are no limitations on the amount of luggage, as long as you can carry and handle it on your own. There are also open luggage trunks in the passenger lounges, where you can leave your luggage during the trip.
- As for GNV, passengers can carry up to 2 pieces of personal luggage.
Most ferries traveling from Ibiza to Barcelona have cabins and numbered seats. The duration of the trip from Ibiza to Barcelona can be long, so we recommend booking a cabin for maximum comfort.
When it comes to traveling to Barcelona by ferry, you can bring along your pet. Depending on the operator, there are various services and infrastructures for your little friend. For more information regarding documents and pet travel, we recommend getting in touch with the ferry company you’ve chosen.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Ibiza to Barcelona?
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Ibiza to Barcelona online on Ferryhopper in just a few clicks. Find all the available ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare schedules, companies and prices, and book ferry tickets to Barcelona at no extra cost.