Traveling from Naples to Ischia by ferry
The ferry route between Naples and the island of Ischia is a very popular one and it connects mainland Italy with the islands of the Naples Bay. Ischia is the biggest island of the bay and a great destination in order to enjoy Italian holidays. On Ferryhopper you will find information about over 30 daily crossings from the port of Naples to the port of Ischia, their respective schedules and the best prices!
How frequent is the ferry connection between Naples and Ischia?
There are 2 options to reach Ischia from Naples:
Naples - Ischia: You can easily travel by ferry from the city of Naples to the island of Ischia. There are 30 daily crossings that are operated by the ferry companies Medmar, Alilauro and Caremar.
Pozzuoli - Ischia: Another way to reach the island of Ischia is from the port of Pozzuoli, which is located 20km from the city of Naples. For this ferry connection, the ferry companies Medmar and Caremar offer 20 daily sailings.
How long is the ferry ride from Naples to Ischia?
The ferry journey to the island of Ischia either from Naples or Pozzuoli lasts around 1 hr 15 min.
What is the distance between Naples and Ischia?
Ischia is approximately 15 nautical miles (28 km) from Naples.
Ferry tickets from Naples to Ischia: Cost
The price of the ferry ticket for the connection between the ports of Naples and the island of Ischia starts from 20 euros for single footing passengers. There is also the option of vehicle transportation through the ferries’ garage.
How can I book my ferry tickets from Naples to Ischia?
You can easily travel from Naples to the islands of the Naples Gulf with Ferryhopper. Check our search engine and find all the ferry routes from Naples to Ischia, along with their respective itineraries and book your ferry tickets at the best prices!
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Naples to Ischia:
- The ferry connection of Naples and Ischia can be very busy, especially in the high season. We advise you to book your ferry tickets online and get to the port 90 min before boarding.
- There are two options to travel to Ischia from Naples: by ferry and by catamaran. Check the Ferryhopper platform and find the best travel solution for you!
- Some hydrofoils also stop in Forio and Casamicciola Terme, in Ischia. We advise you to find out which port is the most convenient to reach your hotel.
- From Easter until September the disembarkation of cars and motorcycles on Ischia, is forbidden to non-residents.
- For further information about your ferry trip or ferry tickets, you can contact the Ferryhopper customer support!