Ferry from Naples to Ischia
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
How do you get from Naples to Ischia?
There are 4 companies that operate on the Naples - Ischia ferry route: Alilauro, Caremar, Medmar and SNAV.
You can easily travel all year round with more than 30 daily ferry crossings from Naples to all 3 ports of the island (Ischia Porto, Casamicciola e Forio), with both conventional and high-speed ferries (hydrofoils).
Keep in mind that some companies only operates the connection on certain days of the week.
What’s the ferry schedule from Naples to Ischia?
The earliest ferry from Naples to Ischia departs around 06:00 and arrives in Ischia around 07:45. The latest departure is at 22:00 arriving in Ischia around 23:30.
Tip: there are up to 10 daily crossings from Naples to the port of Forio, the biggest settlement situated on the western coast of the island.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Naples to Ischia?
The cost of a single ferry ticket from Naples to Ischia starts from around €12-€24. The final ticket price depends on discounts, offers and seat type.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry from Naples to Ischia. Find the lowest prices and best offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper without any hidden fees.
Ferry Naples - Ischia discounts
Take advantage of the available discounts and travel by boat from Naples to Ischia with lower-cost ferry tickets. Ferry companies offer discounts of up to 50% to the following passenger categories:
- Permanent residents of islands
- Large groups of travelers
Note: infants up to 3 years travel for free.
Ferry route info
How long is the ferry ride from Naples to Ischia?
The duration of the ferry trip from Naples to Ischia is between 50 min and 1 hr 45 min. Keep in mind that travel time depends on weather conditions and the type of vessel (conventional ferry or hydrofoil).
Is there a high-speed ferry from Naples to Ischia?
Yes, the ferry connection from Naples to Ischia is operated by fast hydrofoils. The fastest ferry to Ischia from Naples reaches the port in 50 min.
What’s the distance between Naples and Ischia?
The distance between Naples and Ischia is 18 nautical miles (approximately 29 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Ferry Naples to Ischia: useful tips for your trip
Before you board the ferry to Ischia, have a look at some important tips for your ferry ride:
- If you wish to travel in summer, we recommend that you arrive at the port of Naples 1 hr before boarding to avoid delays. This also applies to crossings during the weekends.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, the ferry schedules from Naples to Ischia may change. Make sure to recheck the ferry timetable a few days before your departure. You can also track your ferry in real time on the Ferryhopper App!
- Ferries from Naples to Ischia can take you to Ischia Port, Forio and Casamicciola Terme. Before booking your tickets, make sure to find the most convenient port of arrival depending on where you'll stay.
- From Ischia, you can travel by ferry to the ports of Sorrento and Positano. Take a look at the Ischia to Sorrento and Ischia to Positano ferry crossings on Ferryhopper and explore nearby destinations.
- If you’re looking for a brief gateway, consider planning a day trip from Naples to Ischia. The last Ischia to Naples ferry departs around 19:00, so you’ll have plenty of time to explore the beauty of the volcanic island.
- Take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 in Italy, and get ready for your Naples - Ischia ferry trip.
Do I need to book Ischia ferry tickets in advance?
If you choose to visit Ischia from Naples during the busy summer months, it is recommended to plan ahead. It is preferable to book your ferry tickets in advance and also buy a return ticket.
Where does the ferry leave from Naples to Ischia?
The port of Naples is located near the city center (Piazza Municipio) and is easily accessible by public transport. It is about 15 km from Capodichino airport and only 10 min from the Naples central railway station.
High-speed boats (hydrofoils) to Ischia leave from the Beverello pier. Conventional ferries (allowing the transfer of vehicles) depart from the Calata Porta di Massa quay. You can easily reach it by taking the free shuttle service from Beverello Pier.
Can I travel on the ferry from Naples to Ischia with a car?
There are only a few ferries from Naples to Ischia that allow the transfer of vehicles. If you’re traveling to Ischia by car, you can make use of the paid parking lots close to the port of Naples.
Useful info: keep in mind that from April to October, traffic on Ischia is prohibited for motor vehicles for residents of the Campania region. Residents of other Italian or foreign municipalities and permanent residents of Ischia are excluded.
Each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- Medmar allows 1 piece of luggage of 20 kg maximum per person free of charge.
- In SNAV company, you can take 1 piece of hand luggage with you weighing up to 9 kg and with a maximum size of 50x35x20 cm free of charge.
- Alilauro allows only carry-on luggage with a weight limit of 9 kg and a maximum size of 50x35x20 cm at no extra cost.
- Caremar let you carry 20 kg on conventional ferries or 10 kg on hydrofoils and a maximum size of 50x40x20 cm.
Tip: please note that ferry companies charge fees for additional baggage and baggage exceeding the size and/or weight policy.
Given the short duration of the Naples - Ischia ferry trip, there are no cabins available on the hydrofoils. Onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
You can travel with your pet on the ferry to Ischia from Naples. In order to be allowed on board, all pets should hold a ticket. Smaller animals must be kept in special carriers, while large-sized animals must be equipped with a muzzle and a leash.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Naples to Ischia
You can easily book ferry tickets to Ischia on Ferryhopper. Find more information about the ferry from Naples to Ischia on our Map of ferries, compare companies, prices and schedules, and plan the trip of your dreams!