How to get from Naples to Ischia by ferry
The ferry route from the port of Naples to the island of Ischia is available with more than 30 daily connections. Find the latest information for this route on our ferry guide.
Is there a ferry from Naples to Ischia?
There are more than 30 daily crossings from the port of Naples to the 3 ports of Ischia (Ischia Porto, Casamicciola and Forio). The ferry companies that normally operate on this route are Alilauro, Medmar, Caremar and SNAV. There are both conventional ferries and hydrofoils on the route from Naples to Ischia.
Check real-time schedules and book ferry tickets online for the Naples - Ischia route on Ferryhopper.
How long is the ferry ride from Naples to Ischia?
The duration of the ferry ride from Naples to Ischia ranges from 50 min to 1.5 hr. Travel time depends on the type of ferry and the company.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Naples to Ischia?
Yes, the route Naples - Ischia is also serviced by high-speed vessels that reach the island in about 50 min.
How much is the ferry from Naples to Ischia?
The average price of the ferry ticket from Naples to Ischia is around €20. The ticket cost can be higher or lower depending on discounts, as well as vehicle or seat selection.
What’s the ferry schedule from Naples to Ischia?
The Naples - Ischia route is active all year round and there are more than 30 everyday crossings.
The earliest ferry usually departs at 06:00 and arrives in Ischia around 07:30. The latest departure from Naples is around 22:00 in the evening and the ferry arrives in Ischia at 23:30.
What is the distance between Naples and Ischia?
The distance between Naples and Ischia is approximately 18 nautical miles (29km)
Am I allowed to travel from Naples to Ischia?
At the moment, there are no travel restrictions for the island of Ischia, and neither EU COVID-19 Certificate nor Covid-19 tests are required. However, some ferry companies may require a booking reservation to be made 24 hours before departure or perform a temperature check before boarding.
Keep in mind that measures may change, so we invite you to contact the ferry company for up-to-date information.
The fascinating Aragonese Castle of Ischia
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Naples to Ischia?
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Naples to Ischia online on Ferryhopper. On our Map of ferries, you can find the available ferry routes, compare companies and prices, and book your ferry trip to Ischia in just a few clicks.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Naples to Ischia:
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Naples to Ischia:
- We recommend that you arrive at the port of Naples at least 1 hr before departure. The port can get quite busy, especially in the summer season.
- Ferry schedules might change often, so if you are planning to book a ferry last-minute, it is always good to check them again a few days before your trip.
- In case of very rough sea the ferry and hydrofoil services could be suspended. We recommend that you always have a look at the latest notices of the company you travel with.
- Before booking your ferry tickets, we recommend that you find out the most convenient destination to reach your hotel since the ports of Ischia are 3 (Ischia Porto, Forio and Casamicciola Terme).
- From Ischia you can also travel to the ports of Sorrento and Positano by ferry. Thanks to the ferry connections from Ischia to Sorrento and from Ischia to Positano you can reach the Amalfi coast and explore its beautiful villages.
Where to take the ferry from Naples to Ischia
The ferry connections from the port of Naples to Ischia depart from Calata Porta di Massa (ferries) and from Molo Beverello (hydrofoils only). The two piers are connected by a free bus shuttle that runs until midnight.
The port of Naples is also well connected with the airport and the train station. You can easily reach Naples from many cities in Europe (Paris, Athens, Barcelona, Frankfurt, etc.) and then continue your journey to the beautiful Ischia.
Can I travel on the ferry from Naples to Ischia with a car?
From April to the end of October, the circulation of cars, motorcycles and mopeds is prohibited for non-residents. If you are traveling by car, you need to leave your vehicle at a parking lot in the mainland.
Good to know: There are exceptions for travelers staying for at least 15 days in a private house, or for 7 days in a hotel in the municipalities of Casamicciola Terme, Serrara Fontana, Barano and in the hamlet of Panza.
Each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy.
Here are more details about ferry luggage on board ferries to Ischia:
- On board Alilauro vessels, you can carry a single piece of baggage with a maximum size of 50x35x20 cm and a weight not exceeding 9kg. Special rates apply for additional baggage and excess baggage in size and/or weight.
- On Medmar ferries, each passenger has the right to take a hand luggage of 20kg free of charge.
- On Caremar ferries it is possible to carry a hand luggage of 20kg (in case of ferry travel) or 10kg (in case of hydrofoil travel) with maximum dimensions equal to 50x40x20 cm.
- SNAV allows passengers to carry on board a single hand luggage with a maximum size of 50x35x20 cm and a weight not exceeding 9kg.
Given the short duration of the Naples - Ischia route, there are no cabins on the ferries and hydrofoils. Only standard seats are available on this ferry route.