Ferry from Pozzuoli to Ischia
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Pozzuoli to Ischia?
If you want to travel to Ischia from Pozzuoli, there are about 20 daily ferry connections available all year round, with increased frequency during high season.
Ferries from Pozzuoli arrive at either Ischia Porto or Casamiocciola, operated by 3 companies: Medmar, Caremar and Gestour.
How long is the ferry ride from Pozzuoli to Ischia?
The Pozzuoli - Ischia ferry route lasts about 1 hr, depending on the ferry company and the port of arrival.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Pozzuoli to Ischia?
As the distance is quite short, ferry routes from Pozzuoli to Ischia are all operated by conventional ferries that reach the island in 1 hr.
How much is the ferry from Pozzuoli to Ischia?
The price of the ferry tickets to Ischia from Pozzuoli is about €12. The final cost depends on seasonality, available discounts and if you choose to bring along your vehicle.
Tip: some ferry companies offer discount tickets for children. You can also travel with your pet by ferry for an additional cost of around €5.
What’s the ferry schedule from Pozzuoli to Ischia?
The Pozzuoli - Ischia ferry route is active all year round with more than 20 daily trips.
The earliest ferry from Pozzuoli leaves for Ischia Porto at 06:25 in the morning. The first departure for Casamicciola is at 08:15. The last ferry from Pozzuoli departs at 19:00 and arrives in Ischia at 20:00.
What’s the distance between Pozzuoli and Ischia?
The distance between Pozzuoli and Ischia is approximately 11 nautical miles (about 18km).
Am I allowed to travel from Pozzuoli to Ischia?
Yes, it is possible to travel from Pozzuoli to Ischia and get around the islands of the Gulf of Naples smoothly. Before planning your trip, take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy, including all the documents required for your journey.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Pozzuoli to Ischia?
On Ferryhopper, you can find detailed info and the best tips to plan your ferry trip from Pozzuoli to Ischia. And if you wish to explore the rest of the Gulf of Naples, have a look at our Map of ferries.
Colorful boats at the port of Ischia
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Pozzuoli to Ischia
Have a look at some important tips for your ferry ride to Ischia:
- In the busy months of July and August, we suggest you arrive at the port of Pozzuoli early to avoid delays. The same applies for ferry trips on weekends.
- Ferry times change frequently. Make sure to check them again a few days before your departure.
- In case of hazardous weather conditions, ferry services are usually suspended. We recommend that you always consult with the company you are traveling with.
- As there are ferry trips to both Ischia Porto and Casamicciola, choose the most convenient itinerary for your stay in Ischia.
- From Ischia, you can explore the rest of the islands of the Gulf of Naples and discover the magnificent Capri and Procida. Take a look at the ferry connections Ischia - Capri and Ischia - Procida!
Where to take the ferry from Pozzuoli to Ischia
Ferries to Ischia leave from the port of Pozzuoli, which is about 14km from the city of Naples. To get to Pozzuoli from Naples, you can take either the subway or the Cumana railway line and arrive in 40 min to 60 min.
The companies that operate on the Pozzuoli - Ischia ferry route have similar policies for luggage:
- With Medmar, each passenger can carry 1 piece of hand luggage weighing less than 20kg free of charge.
- Gestour allows passengers to bring 1 piece of hand luggage with maximum dimensions of 60x40x30cm and a maximum weight of 10kg for free.
- With Caremar, it is possible to carry 1 piece of hand luggage weighing 20kg at most and with a maximum size of 50x40x20cm at no extra cost.
Reminder: there are usually extra boarding fees for additional luggage and luggage that exceeds the size/weight mentioned above.
Due to the short duration of the Pozzuoli - Ischia ferry trip, there are no cabins on the ships. Onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
Can I travel on the ferry from Pozzuoli to Ischia with a car?
Cars and motorbikes are allowed on the ferries that depart from Pozzuoli for Ischia.
In case you want to travel without a vehicle, there are paid parking lots located near the port of Pozzuoli.