Ferry from Pozzuoli to Ischia
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a direct ferry from Pozzuoli to Ischia?
Yes, you can travel from Pozzuoli to Ischia by ferry all year round. Usually there are over 30 daily crossings reaching 2 ports of the island (Ischia Porto and Casamicciola). Bear in mind that there is increased ferry frequency in the high season.
The route is operated by the 3 ferry companies: Medmar, Caremar and Gestour.
What’s the ferry schedule from Pozzuoli to Ischia?
The first ferry usually departs from Pozzuoli at around 06:25 and arrives in Ischia Porto around 07:25. On the other hand, the first departure to Ischia Casamicciola is usually scheduled at 08:15.
The last ferry from Pozzuoli usually heads to Ischia Porto, and leaves around 20:30 reaching the island at 21:30.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Pozzuoli to Ischia?
The price of a single Piombino - Golfo Aranci ferry ticket ranges between €11 and €17. Ticket cost depends on the type of vessel and the company.
On Ferryhopper, you can find the best available offers for your ferry trip to Ischia. Take a look at our routes, find the lowest prices, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper easily and quickly.
Current offers are automatically applied when booking your ferry tickets.
Children up to 2 or 4 years old travel free of charge, while there are also discounts for children up to 12 years old, groups and residents.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Pozzuoli to Ischia?
The Pozzuoli - Ischia crossing takes 40 min or 1 hr, depending on the type of vessel and the company.
Tip: remember that you can always check any changes and track your ferry in real time on the Ferryhopper App.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Pozzuoli to Ischia?
The connection between Pozzuoli and Ischia is also operated by fast hydrofoils that can reach the island in 40 min.
What’s the distance between Pozzuoli and Ischia?
The distance between Pozzuoli and Ischia is 11 nautical miles (about 18 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Pozzuoli to Ischia
Have a look at some tips that you could use for your trip to Ischia:
- In the event of hazardous weather conditions, ferry and hydrofoil services are usually suspended. We suggest you contact the company you travel with before the trip.
- The fastest way to reach the port of Pozzuoli from Naples is to take metro Line 2 from the Central Station (Piazza Garibaldi). You will arrive at your destination in just 40 min.
- We recommend spending at least 2-3 days in Ischia, as there are so many things to see and do on the island.
- As ferries from Pozzuoli travel to both the Ischia Porto and Casamicciola, we check which port is located more conveniently for you (for example, which one is closest to your hotel) before booking your ferry tickets.
- Also take a look at the Naples - Ischia ferry route and find out which port in Campania is best for you to depart from.
- For the latest information on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy, you can check our relevant post.
Where to take the ferry from Pozzuoli to Ischia?
Ferries to Ischia from Pozzuoli depart from the pier in Largo San Paolo.
The Pozzuoli Solfatara train station is almost 1.5 km from the port, which you can reach on foot or by bus. Not far from the port, you can also find some of the city's attractions, including the beautiful Pertini promenade.
Can I travel on the ferry from Pozzuoli to Ischia with a car?
You can bring along your car or motorcycle on ferries traveling from Pozzuoli to Ischia, but not on hydrofoils.
If you don’t plan to travel with a vehicle, you can always use the paid parking lots located near the port of Pozzuoli.
Useful info: from April to October, the circulation of motor vehicles of non-residents is not allowed in Ischia.
The companies that operate on the ferry route to Ischia from Pozzuoli have similar policies for luggage:
- Medmar allows passengers to bring 1 piece of hand luggage weighing less than 20 kg at no extra charge.
- With Gestour, passengers can carry 1 piece of hand luggage with maximum dimensions of 60x40x30 cm and a maximum weight of 10 kg at no extra charge.
- On Caremar ferries, it is possible to carry 1 piece of hand luggage with a maximum size of 50x40x20 cm for free. If you’re traveling by ferry, pieces of luggage should not weigh more than 20 kg. As for hydrofoils, the proposed maximum weight is 10 kg.
Given the short duration of the Pozzuoli - Ischia crossing, there are no cabins available on the ferries and hydrofoils. Onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
All companies operating on the Pozzuoli - Ischia route allow you to bring your pet on board. You just have to register it in the booking and pay a small fee.
For more information on the documents and conditions required to travel with your pet, we recommend contacting the operator you travel with.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Pozzuoli to Ischia
On Ferryhopper, you can book your tickets from Piombino to Ischia at the same prices as ferry companies! Check all available routes to the islands in the Gulf of Naples on our Map of ferries, and plan an awesome trip!