Traveling from La Palma to Gran Canaria by ferry
The island of La Palma offers direct ferry routes to the port of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. However, the option of indirect traveling through Lanzarote is also quite popular. At first, you have to take the ferry to the port of Arrecife in Lanzarote. From there, you can travel to the port of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. Ferryhopper can show you all the possible ferry routes, itineraries and ferry ticket prices, to help you choose the most suitable ferry trip from La Palma to Gran Canaria!
How frequent is the ferry connection between La Palma and Gran Canaria?
- Direct ferry line: There is 1 weekly crossing from the port of Santa Cruz de la Palma to the port of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, that is operated by the ferry company Trasmediterranea
- Indirect ferry line: For this ferry connection, first you have to reach the port of Arrecife in Lanzarote from La Palma. Trasmediterranea offers 1 weekly sailing for this ferry route. Then you have to take the ferry until the port of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. Reaching the island of Gran Canaria is very easy since there are over 20 weekly crossings, that are operated by the ferry companies Trasmediterranea, Naviera Armas and Fred Olsen Express.
How long is the ferry ride from La Palma to Gran Canaria?
The direct ferry route From Santa Cruz de la Palma to Las Palmas de Gran Canaria is approximately 16 hrs. The journey from La Palma to Arrecife in Lanzarote lasts about 31 hr 30min and from there to Gran Canaria, the duration of the ferry trip ranges from 3 hr 45 min to 8hr, depending on the operating ferry company
What is the distance between La Palma and Gran Canaria?
The distance between the ports of La Palma and Gran Canaria is about 133 nautical miles (256 km)
Ferry tickets from La Palma to Gran Canaria: Cost
According to the prices of the ferry companies for 2019
- The price of the ferry ticket for the direct ferry trip from La Palma to Gran Canaria is around 35 euros for the standard economy seat.
- The ferry ticket from La Palma to Lanzarote costs around 38 euros. Then, the price of the ferry ticket to Gran Canaria starts from 39 euros.
All ferry companies that offer the ferry trip from La Palma to Gran Canaria, support e-tickets and have the option to transfer your vehicle.
You can consult the Ferryhopper search engine for all types of tickets and their respective prices!
How can I book my ferry tickets from La Palma to Gran Canaria?
Now, booking your ferry trip to Gran Canaria from La Palma is easier than ever! You can find all the information about the ferry routes and the available itineraries, on the Ferryhopper pages, in just a few clicks!
Useful tips for your ferry trip from La Palma to Gran Canaria
- It is advised to get to the port 90 min before the departure, especially if you are traveling with your vehicle.
- There are multiple ferry connections from the port of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria to other Canary Islands like Fuerteventura or Tenerife, as well as to south Spain like Huelva and Cadiz. You can check the Ferryhopper map of ferries and see all the possibilities for a fun island hopping around the Canary Islands.
- For further information about your ferry trip or ferry tickets, you can contact the Ferryhopper team!