Ferry La Palma - Gran Canaria
Tickets, Schedules, Times, Companies
Is there a ferry from La Palma to Gran Canaria?
There are daily ferry crossings from La Palma to Gran Canaria, with all itineraries including a stop in Tenerife. The La Palma - Gran Canaria route is normally served by 2 ferry companies: Naviera Armas and Trasmediterránea.
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change from season to season. You can find real-time schedules for the ferry La Palma - Gran Canaria and book ferry tickets online on Ferryhopper, with no extra fees.
How much is the ferry from La Palma to Gran Canaria?
The standard ticket cost from La Palma to Gran Canaria ranges from approximately €35 - €106. The final ticket price can be higher or lower depending on the vehicle and seat selection, as well as the available discounts, such as the resident discount.
What’s the ferry schedule from La Palma to Gran Canaria?
There is normally at least 1 daily ferry crossing from Santa Cruz de La Palma to Gran Canaria. Ferries arrive either in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria or at the port of Agaete, a little town on the northwest coast of the island.
The earliest ferry usually departs from La Palma at around 05:15 and arrives in Agaete at about 15:20. The latest weekly departure is usually at 16:00, with the ferry reaching Las Palmas de Gran Canaria at 07:30 the next day.
How far is La Palma from Gran Canaria?
The distance between La Palma and Gran Canaria is about 130 nautical miles (approximately 256km). Thus, the ferry duration from La Palma to Gran Canaria usually ranges from around 7.5 hr to 15.5 hr. Travel time mainly depends on how long the ferry stops in Tenerife on the way to Gran Canaria.
Is there a high-speed ferry from La Palma to Gran Canaria?
Yes, there are high-speed ferries traveling from La Palma to Gran Canaria. However, travel time does not depend on the type of ferry but on the duration of the layover in Tenerife. The fastest ferry takes about 7.5 hr to reach the island.
Am I allowed to travel from La Palma to Gran Canaria?
Yes, you can travel from La Palma to Gran Canaria at the moment, as movement between the Canary Islands is allowed. Bear in mind, however, that travel guidelines may change. For more detailed and up-to-date information, please visit the official Canary Islands tourism website.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from La Palma to Gran Canaria?
You can book cheap ferry tickets from La Palma to Gran Canaria on Ferryhopper with no hidden fees. See the available ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare prices and ferry times and plan your trip to Gran Canaria online with just a few clicks.
Beautiful landscape with mountains in Gran Canaria
Useful tips for your ferry trip from La Palma to Gran Canaria
Here are some travel tips for your trip from La Palma to Gran Canaria:
- The port of Santa Cruz de La Palma can get quite busy during peak season. We recommend arriving 1.5 hr before departure, especially if you are traveling with a vehicle.
- Check out our Gran Canaria travel guide for more tips and useful information about the island.
- The La Palma - Gran Canaria ferry route is ideal if you want to explore the east side of the Archipelago. You can get to the eastern islands of the Canaries, such as Fuerteventura and Lanzarote. Find the available ferry itineraries on Ferryhopper and plan your island-hopping hassle-free.
- For more information about your ferry trip from La Palma to Gran Canaria, please contact our customer support team.
- Due to the recent volcanic eruption in La Palma, ferry companies such as Fred. Olsen Express have added more crossings to accommodate passengers, who might get their flights canceled or delayed. Traveling by ferry from and to La Palma is a much safer option at the moment.
Where to take the ferry from La Palma to Gran Canaria
You can travel by ferry to Gran Canaria from the port of Santa Cruz de La Palma, the capital of the island. The city is located on the east coast of La Palma, about 9km from La Palma Airport. Bus route 500 runs regularly from the airport to the capital and the ride to the center of the city takes about 30 min. There are also bus services connecting Santa Cruz de La Palma with the island's main towns.
Can I travel on the ferry from La Palma to Gran Canaria with a car?
Yes, the ferries from La Palma to Gran Canaria can transport vehicles. Bear in mind that the garage seats for vehicles may run out fast, so we suggest that you book your car or motorbike ticket well in advance! The average price for a car ticket is around €40, while motorcycle fares cost approximately €30.
Follow Ferryhopper to find all available ferry ticket discounts and offers for vehicles and easily plan your La Palma - Gran Canaria ferry crossing.
Each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically for the ferry from La Palma to Gran Canaria:
- Naveria Armas: The company allows 60kg or 4 items of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport them.
- Trasmediterránea: The company allows up to 30kg per person or 40kg in the cabins.
Most ferries that serve the route from La Palma to Gran Canaria do not have cabins. You can only book a cabin on the Trasmediterránea ferry that travels at night.