Ferry Fuerteventura - Gran Canaria
Tickets, Prices, Times, Companies
Is there a ferry from Fuerteventura to Gran Canaria?
You can find at least 3-4 ferry departures per day on the connection between Fuerteventura and Gran Canaria. Ferries usually leave from the port of Morro Jable to reach Gran Canaria, but there are occasionally crossings from Puerto del Rosario as well. The ferry companies that normally operate on the Fuerteventura - Gran Canaria ferry route are Fred. Olsen Express and Naviera Armas.
Please note that ferry schedules can change from season to season. You can find real-time information, compare ferry ticket prices and book tickets for the Canary Islands on Ferryhopper, with no extra fees.
How long is the ferry ride from Fuerteventura to Gran Canaria?
The trip to Las Palmas normally lasts from 2 to 3 hours. Travel time depends on the port of departure (Morro Jable or Puerto del Rosario) and type of ferry.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura?
Yes, there are high-speed ferries traveling for this crossing. The fastest ferry from Morro Jable to Gran Canaria takes around 2 hours.
How much is the ferry from Fuerteventura to Gran Canaria?
Ferry costs from Gran Canaria to Fuerteventura start at around €40. The final ticket price can be higher or lower depending on the vehicle and seat selection, as well as the available discounts, such as the resident discount.
What’s the ferry schedule from Fuerteventura to Gran Canaria?
There are normally several weekly ferry crossings to the port of Las Palmas in Gran Canaria from Fuerteventura, with frequency usually increasing during the summer. There are 2-3 daily departures from the port of Morro Jable in the south of Fuerteventura, while there are also weekly ferry crossings from Puerto del Rosario.
The earliest ferry usually departs at 06:00 and reaches the port of Gran Canaria at around 08:00. The latest departure is at 18:00, with the ferry arriving at Las Palmas at 20:00.
What’s the distance between Fuerteventura and Gran Canaria?
The distance between Gran Canaria and Fuerteventura is approximately 76 nautical miles (about 140km). The closest port to Gran Canaria is Morro Jable.
Am I allowed to travel from Fuerteventura to Gran Canaria?
Yes, you can travel to Gran Canaria from Fuerteventura at the moment, as movement between the Canary Islands is allowed. Βear in mind, however, that travel guidelines may change. For more detailed and up-to-date information, please visit the official Canary Islands tourism website.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Fuerteventura to Gran Canaria?
Compare all ferry schedules from Fuerteventura to Gran Canaria on Ferryhopper, choose the itinerary that you want, and book ferry tickets online, with no hidden fees.
Crystal blue waters in Gran Canaria
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Fuerteventura to Gran Canaria
Here are some travel tips for your trip:
- Both ports of Fuerteventura can get quite busy, especially during the summer, so we recommend arriving at least 1.5 hr before departure.
- If you're arriving at the port of Morro Jable in Fuerteventura, you can reach the island's capital, Puerto del Rosario, by car, taxi or bus. Bus route 1 runs regularly from Morro Jable on the southern coast of Fuerteventura to Puerto del Rosario in the northeast.
- From Fuerteventura, you can easily travel to Lobos, a beautiful little island of the Canaries. You can take the boat from the port of Corralejo and the ferry ride takes only 15 min.
- Check our Gran Canaria travel guide for more tips and useful information about the island.
- Gran Canaria is one of the capitals of the Canaries and is connected with many other destinations of the complex. Check all available ferry connections on our Map of ferries and start planning an amazing island-hopping experience!
Where to take the ferry from Fuerteventura to Gran Canaria
There are 2 ports in Fuerteventura that are connected to Gran Canaria: that of Morro Jable in the south and that of Puerto del Rosario in the east. Morro Jable is a settlement of the island and has basic facilities near the port, like supermarkets, restaurants and hotels. On the other hand, the port of Puerto del Rosario is near the capital of the island and also has all the modern conveniences.
Can I travel with a car on the Gran Canaria-Fuerteventura ferry?
Yes, boats for this route can transport vehicles. Bear in mind that the garage seats for vehicles may run out fast, so we suggest that you book your car or motorbike ticket well in advance! An average Fuerteventura - Gran Canaria ferry price for a car is around €40 - €60, while for motorcycles from approximately €32 - €53.
Follow Ferryhopper to find all available ferry ticket discounts and offers for vehicles and easily travel from Morro Jable and Puerto del Rosario to Las Palmas de Gran Canaria by ferry.
Each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- Fred. Olsen Express: The company allows 20kg of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport your bags and lockers for €1. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 piece of luggage in the lounge in addition to your handbags, provided that it doesn't obstruct passageways or occupy a seat.
- Naveria Armas: The company allows 60kg or 4 items of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport them.
Most ferries traveling to Gran Canaria from Fuerteventura do not have cabins, as trip duration is quite short. Ferries serving crossings that last longer (usually departing from Puerto del Rosario) do have cabins. All companies offer numbered seats.