Ferry from Gran Canaria to La Gomera
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Gran Canaria to La Gomera?
There are several daily sailings from Gran Canaria to La Gomera, with Tenerife as an intermediate stop. This indirect ferry route is served by Naviera Armas and Fred. Olsen Express.
However, keep in mind that ferry schedules may change from season to season.
What’s the ferry schedule from Gran Canaria to La Gomera?
Traveling from Gran Canaria to San Sebastián de La Gomera by ferry is possible several times per day. Most routes include layovers in Tenerife.
Ferries from Gran Canaria to Santa Cruz in Tenerife are available up to 15 times a day. The earliest ferry is at 06:00 in the morning, reaching Santa Cruz at 07:40, while the latest ferry departs at 20:30 and arrives at 23:15 in Santa Cruz.
Once you get to Santa Cruz from Gran Canaria, you have to switch ferries at Los Cristianos, the other port in Tenerife. Ferries from Los Cristianos to San Sebastián de La Gomera are available up to 7 times every day.
The earliest departure is at 08:45, with the ferry arriving in La Gomera at 09:35. The latest ferry usually leaves at 20:00 and arrives at 20:50 in La Gomera.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Gran Canaria to La Gomera?
The ferry tickets for the Gran Canaria to Tenerife route start at approximately €46. Then, the ferry tickets from Tenerife to La Gomera start at around €41.
The final combined cost depends on the available discounts and offers, seat type, vehicle selection, as well as the combination of crossings you’ve chosen.
Discover all the available offers for ferry tickets on Ferryhopper. Find real-time information about our ferry routes, compare fares and offers, and book ferry tickets online on Ferryhopper.
For your ferry trip from Gran Canaria to La Gomera, you can take advantage of special discounts. For example, if you're living in the Canaries, you can use the Canary Islands resident discount on Ferryhopper.
The ferry companies offer discounts to certain passenger categories such as:
- Senior travelers
- Residents of the Canary Islands
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Gran Canaria to La Gomera?
The duration of the Gran Canaria - La Gomera ferry trip depends on the combination of crossings you’ve chosen, as well as the waiting time in Tenerife.
The Gran Canaria - Tenerife ferry route lasts from approximately 1.5 to 2.5 hr, while the Tenerife - La Gomera ferry route takes about 50 min.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Gran Canaria to La Gomera?
There are high-speed ferries from Gran Canaria to Tenerife that arrive in 1 hr 20 min and from Tenerife to La Gomera that arrive in 50 min.
What’s the distance between Gran Canaria and La Gomera?
The distance between Gran Canaria and La Gomera is approximately 97 nautical miles (about 180 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to La Gomera from Gran Canaria
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Gran Canaria to La Gomera:
- The ports of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and Agaete can get quite busy in the summer, so we recommend arriving at least 1.5 hr before boarding if you are traveling with a vehicle.
- Make sure to plan your trip accordingly so that you have enough time to travel from the port of Santa Cruz to the port of Los Cristianos in Tenerife.
- La Gomera is an ideal destination for nature lovers. There are plenty of outdoor sports and activities that you can do on the island, such as hiking, cycling, scuba diving, and whale watching.
- Don't miss the chance to visit the Garajonay National Park in La Gomera, a beautiful lush Laurel forest with unique vegetation that is almost always shrouded in mist.
- Check out our La Gomera travel guide for more tips and useful information about the island.
Where to take the ferry from Gran Canaria to La Gomera
You can take the ferry to the port of San Sebastián de La Gomera either from Las Palmas de Gran Canaria or from the port of Agaete.
Las Palmas is the capital of Gran Canaria, located on the northeastern coast of the island, approximately 25 km from Gran Canaria Airport.
To get to the city from the airport, you can take bus 60, while bus routes 1 and 11 also stop in the capital.
Agaete is a small town in the northwest of Gran Canaria. It is located about 33 km from Las Palmas and 56 km from Gran Canaria Airport. Bus route 103 runs regularly from the capital to Agaete.
Can I travel on the ferry from Gran Canaria to La Gomera with a car?
Yes, ferries traveling from Gran Canaria to La Gomera carry vehicles.
Each ferry company serving this route has its own baggage allowance policy:
- Fred. Olsen Express allows 20 kg of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport your bags and lockers for €1. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 piece of luggage in the lounge in addition to your handbags, provided that it doesn't obstruct passageways or occupy any seats.
- With Naveria Armas, each passenger can carry a maximum of 60 kg in luggage or 4 items in total. The company also offers trolleys to transport them.
Some ferries serving the La Gran Canaria - La Gomera route offer cabins. Alternatively, onboard seating is included in the ticket price for all crossings.
You can travel with your pet on the ferry from Gran Canaria to La Gomera. Pet policies may vary depending on the company you're traveling with. Make sure to carry along all necessary certificates, tickets and pet supplies for your trip.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Gran Canaria to La Gomera
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Gran Canaria to La Gomera on Ferryhopper easily and quickly. Find all available ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare companies and prices, and book ferry tickets to La Gomera online.