Traveling from Gran Canaria to La Gomera by ferry
You can reach La Gomera from Gran Canaria traveling by ferry through Tenerife and La Palma. There are daily ferry crossings from Gran Canaria to Tenerife and 1 weekly crossing from Gran Canaria to La Palma. You can reach La Gomera from the two islands with Fred Olsen Express and Naviera Armas. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Gran Canaria to La Gomera*
Is there a ferry from Gran Canaria to La Gomera?
The best way to reach La Gomera from Gran Canaria is through Tenerife. Normally, the route from Gran Canaria to Tenerife is available with 12 daily crossings. The itinerary is serviced by Fred Olsen Express, Naviera Armas and Trasmediterránea. You can, then, travel to La Gomera twice a day on average with Fred Olsen Express and Naviera Armas. You can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Gran Canaria to La Gomera?
The total ferry crossing duration from Gran Canaria to La Gomera ranges from 3 to 18 hours. The fastest way is to travel from Agaete in Gran Canaria to Santa Cruz de Tenerife and head to the port of Los Cristianos to catch the ferry to La Gomera. The crossing duration depends on the type of vessel, as well as waiting time between trips.
How much is the ferry from Gran Canaria to La Gomera?
Ferry tickets from Gran Canaria to La Gomera are €55 - €65 for the whole trip. The price gets higher or lower according to discounts, offers, and vehicle or cabin selection.
What’s the ferry schedule from Gran Canaria to La Gomera?
There are 12 daily ferry crossings from Gran Canaria to Tenerife. From there, you can catch a ferry to La Gomera 2-3 times a day. Ferries from Gran Canaria to Tenerife usually run from 05:30 to 20:00, while the Tenerife - La Gomera crossing is in operation from 08:45 to 20:00.
Find more information about all available ferry routes.
What’s the distance between Gran Canaria and La Gomera?
The distance between Gran Canaria and La Gomera is approximately 97 nautical miles (180 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Gran Canaria to La Gomera?
Yes, travel between Gran Canaria and La Gomera is currently allowed. There are no movement restrictions in place for the Canary Islands. For the latest information on COVID-19 and traveling by ferry, visit our relevant FaQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Gran Canaria to La Gomera?
On ferryhopper.com you can easily book ferry tickets to La Gomera from Gran Canaria. Find information about available itineraries on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and itineraries, and plan your trip.
Dense vegetation at the Garajonay National Park in La Gomera.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Gran Canaria to La Gomera
- The port of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria is perfectly situated in the city center. If you have some free time before catching the ferry, explore the local food and drink scene or head to one of the nearby beaches. Playa del Confital is one of our favorite!
- The island of La Gomera is well connected with other islands of the Canary Archipelago like La Palma and El Hierro. Plan your unforgettable island hopping in the Canary Islands with Ferryhopper!
- You can easily travel around La Gomera by ferry! The 3 ports of the island are regularly connected with each other. Don’t miss the chance to admire the beauty of La Gomera by the sea.
- Gran Canaria is one of the capitals of the Canary Islands and the port of Las Palmas can be very busy. Ferryhopper suggests that you get to the port 1h 30min before boarding, especially if you are traveling with your vehicle.
- La Gomera is one of the smallest islands in the Canary complex, which makes it perfect for a one-day visit!