Ferry from Gran Canaria to La Gomera
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Gran Canaria to La Gomera?
There are several weekly sailings from Gran Canaria to La Gomera, with Tenerife and La Palma as intermediate stops. This indirect ferry route is served by Naviera Armas and Fred. Olsen Express.
Please note that ferry schedules may change from season to season. You can find real-time information about the Gran Canaria - La Gomera connection and book ferry tickets online on Ferryhopper.
Am I allowed to travel from Gran Canaria to La Gomera?
Yes, traveling from Gran Canaria to La Gomera by ferry is allowed. Take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Spain and get ready for your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Gran Canaria to La Gomera
Traveling from Gran Canaria to San Sebastián de La Gomera by ferry is possible several times per week. Most routes include layovers in Tenerife and La Palma.
You can find crossings from early in the morning until noon. The earliest crossing leaves Gran Canaria at 06:00 in the morning, while the last ferry departs at noon. The time of arrival in La Gomera varies mainly depending on the duration of the layovers in Tenerife and La Palma.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Gran Canaria to La Gomera?
Starting ferry prices from Gran Canaria to La Gomera vary between €152 and €183. The final ticket cost can be higher or lower depending on discounts, seat type and vehicle selection, as well as the combination of crossings you’ve chosen.
Discover the best available offers for ferry tickets on Ferryhopper. Find real-time information about our ferry routes, compare fares and offers, and book ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at the best price.
For your ferry trip from Gran Canaria to La Gomera, you can take advantage of special discounts. For example, if you're living in the Canaries, you can use the Canary Islands resident discount on Ferryhopper.
The ferry companies offer discounts to certain passenger categories such as:
- Senior travelers
- Residents of the Canary Islands
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Gran Canaria to La Gomera?
Travel time from Gran Canaria to La Gomera usually ranges from around 21 hr to 35 hr. The duration of the ferry trip mainly depends on the waiting time between the crossings.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Gran Canaria to La Gomera?
Yes, there are high-speed ferries operating on the Gran Canaria - La Gomera ferry route. The fastest connection to La Gomera lasts around 21 hr.
What’s the distance between Gran Canaria and La Gomera?
The distance between Gran Canaria and La Gomera is approximately 97 nautical miles (about 180km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to La Gomera from Gran Canaria
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Gran Canaria to La Gomera:
- The ports of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and Agaete can get quite busy in the summer, so we recommend arriving at least 1.5 hr before boarding if you are traveling with a vehicle.
- La Gomera is an ideal destination for nature lovers. There are plenty of outdoor sports and activities that you can do on the island, such as hiking, cycling, scuba diving and whale watching.
- Don't miss the chance to visit the Garajonay National Park in La Gomera, a beautiful lush Laurel forest with unique vegetation that is almost always shrouded in mist.
- Check out our La Gomera travel guide for more tips and useful information about the island.
Where to take the ferry from Gran Canaria to La Gomera
You can take the ferry to the port of San Sebastián de La Gomera either from Las Palmas de Gran Canaria or from the port of Agaete. Las Palmas is the capital of Gran Canaria, located on the northeastern coast of the island, approximately 25km from Gran Canaria Airport. To get to the city from the airport, you can take bus 60, while bus routes 1 and 11 also stop in the capital.
Agaete is a small town in the northwest of Gran Canaria. It is located about 33km from Las Palmas and 56km from Gran Canaria Airport. Bus route 103 runs regularly from the capital to Agaete.
Can I travel on the ferry from Gran Canaria to La Gomera with a car?
Yes, ferries traveling from Gran Canaria to La Gomera carry vehicles.
Each ferry company serving this route has its own baggage allowance policy:
- Fred. Olsen Express allows 20kg of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport your bags and lockers for €1. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 piece of luggage in the lounge in addition to your handbags, provided that it doesn't obstruct passageways or occupy any seats.
- With Naveria Armas, each passenger can carry a maximum of 60kg in luggage or 4 items in total. The company also offers trolleys to transport them.
Some ferries serving the La Gran Canaria - La Gomera route offer cabins. Alternatively, onboard seating is included in the ticket price for all crossings.
You can travel with your pet on the ferry from Gran Canaria to La Gomera. Pet policies may vary depending on the company you're traveling with. Make sure to carry along all necessary certificates, tickets and pet supplies you for your trip.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Gran Canaria to La Gomera?
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Gran Canaria to La Gomera on Ferryhopper in just a few clicks. Find all available ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare companies and prices, and book ferry tickets to La Gomera online without hidden fees.