Traveling from El Hierro to La Gomera by ferry
You can travel by ferry from El Hierro to La Gomera stopping at Tenerife. Normally, there are at least 5 weekly ferry crossings from El Hierro to Tenerife. From Los Cristianos in Tenerife you can travel to two ports in La Gomera twice a day. Find all information regarding schedules and ticket prices. Compare ferry companies and book ferry tickets for the Canary Islands.
Is there a ferry from El Hierro to La Gomera?
There is an indirect route from El Hierro to La Gomera through Tenerife. Ferries from the port of Valverde in El Hierro to Tenerife are available at least 5 days a week with Naviera Armas. The ferry crossing from Tenerife to La Gomera is in operation daily with 2-3 crossings. The route is available throughout the year, usually operated by Fred Olsen Express and Naviera Armas. You can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from El Hierro to La Gomera?
The average ferry crossing duration for the whole trip from El Hierro to La Gomera is 3h 30min. The duration of the trip varies mainly depending on vessel type and waiting time between crossings.
How much is the ferry from El Hierro to La Gomera?
Ferry tickets for the routes El Hierro - Tenerife and Tenerife - La Gomera are around €78 in total. The price gets higher or lower based on discounts, offers, and vehicle or cabin selection.
What’s the ferry schedule from El Hierro to La Gomera?
There are at least 5 weekly ferry crossings from the port of Valverde in El Hierro to Los Cristianos in Tenerife. The earliest ferry usually departs at 04:30 and arrives in Tenerife around 07:00. The latest scheduled trip is at 17:30, reaching Tenerife at 20:00.
From Tenerefie you can, then, catch the ferry to La Gomera, connecting at least twice daily with the ports of San Sebastián and Valle Gran Rey. The earliest ferry from Tenerife departs for the port of San Sebastián at 08:45 and arrives at 09:45, while the latest crossing is at 20:00, reaching La Gomera around 21:00.
What’s the distance between El Hierro and La Gomera?
The distance between La Palma and La Gomera is approximately 43 nautical miles (80 km).
Am I allowed to travel from El Hierro to La Gomera?
Yes, travel between El Hierro and La Gomera is currently allowed. There are no movement restrictions in place for the Canary Islands. For the latest information on COVID-19 and traveling by ferry, visit our relevant FaQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from El Hierro to La Gomera?
On ferryhopper.com you can easily book ferry tickets to La Gomera from El Hierro. Find information about available itineraries on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and itineraries, and plan your trip.
The beautiful Church of the Assumption in San Sebastián de la Gomera.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from El Hierro to La Gomera
- The 3 ports of La Gomera are connected with each other by ferry! You can explore the whole island on board a Fred Olsen Express service. The following routes are normally available: San Sebastián - Valle Gran Rey, Valle Gran Rey - Playa Santiago and Playa Santiago - San Sebastián.
- Ferryhopper suggests that you get to the port of Valverde in El Hierro 1h 30min before boarding, especially if you are traveling with a vehicle.
- In La Gomera, there are bus services connecting the ports with the major villages of the island. You can also drive your own vehicle, ride a taxi or rent a bicycle!
- La Gomera is one of the smallest islands in the Canary complex, which means it is ideal for a short trip!
- Both El Hierro and La Gomera are well connected with other Canary Islands like La Palma and Tenerife. For island hopping in the Canaries, you can view all the available ferry routes on Ferryhopper!