A Ferry(tale) to Santorini 2020
A short guide about Santorini Ferries
Santorini is perhaps the most famous summer destination in Greece and is located in the southern part of the Cyclades. Travelers from all over the world take the ferry from the ports of Athens to Santorini, as well as choose it as a starting point for island-hopping in the neighboring islands. In this Ferryhopper article, we give you information on the ferry routes to and from Santorini 2020!
How to get from Athens to Santorini in 2020?
You can easily travel by ferry to Santorini from the port of Piraeus to Athens, but also from the port of Rafina.
- Piraeus - Santorini: Santorini is connected to the central port of Greece all year long. The main ferry companies operating the Piraeus - Santorini route are Seajets and Blue Star Ferries, as well as Golden Star Ferries, Zante Ferries and Sea Speed Ferries. There are 1-2 daily services at the beginning of the year but as demand increases, companies are adding more crossings. Especially in the period July - August 2020, there will be at least 8 catamarans and conventional ferries (bed cabins, garages) every day. The journey lasts from 4.5 to 7.5 hrs and the price of a standard ferry ticket starts from 35 €.
- Rafina - Santorini: Until the end of April 2020, you can travel from Rafina to Santorini with other Cycladic islands like Tinos and Mykonos as intermediate stops. Then, Golden Star Ferries and Blue Star Ferries start operating a direct daily service each. The ferry journey takes 5 - 5.5 hrs and the fare ranges from 56 to 60 €.
Check our relevant blog article with an extensive guide on how to reach Santorini from Athens.
Island-hopping around Santorini in 2020
The main port of Santorini is Athinios, which connects the island with neighboring destinations that will enrich your holiday experience!
- Santorini - Ios: This is a rather popular ferry route, especially during the summer months. Already from the winter of 2020, there has been a daily schedule between Santorini and Ios from Zante Ferries, lasting 1.5 hrs and costing only 7 €. Subsequently, Blue Star Ferries, Seajets and Golden Star Ferries add more high-speed and conventional vessels (garages, e-tickets) that can reach up to 8 in total per day. The journey takes about 40-50 min and the ferry ticket price starts from around 15 € to 40 €.
- Santorini - Folegandros: Another Santorini ferry connection, that is quite regular, is with Folegandros. Originally the ferry company Zante Lines serves the Santorini - Folegandros ferry route with 1 daily crossing that costs only 8 €. Since April, Seajets and Golden Star Ferries have been operating high-speed vessels up to 3 times a day in total. The journey lasts from 40 min to 1 hr 10 min, while a standard ferry ticket costs around 45 €.
- Santorini - Crete: The Sea Speed Ferries company with the vessel “Olympus”, operates a route from Santorini to Crete, through the port of Rethymno, until April 2020. The ferry trip lasts about 4 hrs and the fare is 35 €. Thereafter, this ferry route is operated daily by Seajets, Minoan Lines and Golden Star Ferries, with vessels traveling to Rethymno and Heraklion. The shortest ferry ride takes about 1 hr 45 min, while the standard ferry ticket costs 65-70 €.
- Santorini - Anafi: The closest island to Santorini is the beautiful Anafi. There are sailings several times a week lasting about 1 - 1.5 hrs. However, departure plans for the route Santorini to Anafi have not yet been announced by the ferry companies for 2020. In this case, we suggest you stay tuned for all the latest ferry news!
Don't forget that Santorini is connected with many popular Aegean islands such as Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Amorgos and Milos. Check also the Ferryhopper interactive map of ferries in order to get to know all the ferry routes from Santorini.
Plan your island-hopping with a few clicks and enjoy your ferrytales on the Greek islands!
What discounts are there for ferry routes to Santorini for 2020?
Depending on the ferry operator, there are special discounts and offers for different groups of people. You can check the relevant FAQ page on ferry discounts or contact our customer service for more specific details!
Where to book ferry tickets to Santorini for 2020?
Book now ferry tickets online for the most beautiful sunset of Greece! Get to the Ferryhopper platform and find all ferry routes to Santorini for 2020. Compare prices, ferry schedules and companies to plan your holidays in just 4 clicks! For any further information, you can contact our team at +30 2109241453 or by e-mail.