Ferry from Salerno to Ischia
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Salerno to Ischia?
Yes, you can catch a ferry from Salerno to Ischia in the summer months thanks to seasonal routes operated by Alicost.
The connection is active from mid-June to mid-September with 1 crossing per day.
What’s the ferry schedule from Salerno to Ischia?
The daily ferry to Ischia departs from the port of Salerno at 07:50 and arrives in the island’s port around 10:50.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Salerno to Ischia?
The price of Salerno - Ischia ferry tickets is around €27.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all current offers for the ferry trip to Ischia from Salerno. Find real-time information about available ferry routes, compare fares and offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at the best prices.
Infants and toddlers up to 3 years old travel for free, while children from 4 to 12 years old travel with discount tickets.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Salerno to Ischia?
The Salerno - Ischia ferry trip takes approximately 3 hr.
Tip: remember that you can always check any changes and track your ferry in real time on the Ferryhopper App.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Salerno to Ischia?
The ferry connection between Salerno and Ischia is operated only by fast hydrofoils that reach their destination in about 3 hr.
What’s the distance between Salerno and Ischia?
The distance between Salerno and Ischia is 36 nautical miles (around 68 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Ischia from Salerno
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Salerno to Ischia:
- We recommend arriving at the port of Salerno well in advance, especially in high season and on weekends, to avoid overcrowding.
- In case of hazardous weather conditions, ferry services are usually suspended. Please make sure to always consult with the company you are traveling with.
- Keep in mind that hydrofoils traveling to Ischia from Salerno reach the main port of Ischia Porto. There, you can find shops, a bus terminal and taxi ranks nearby.
- Find out what to see and do in the beautiful Ischia on our dedicated travel guide.
- From Ischia, you can continue your adventure in the nearby islands of Capri and Procida. Take a look at the Ischia - Capri and the Ischia - Procida ferry routes.
- For the latest information on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy, you can check our relevant post.
Where to take the ferry from Salerno to Ischia?
Normally, Alicost hydrofoils to Ischia depart from the Manfredi pier in the port of Salerno.
At the port, you can find the famous shell-shaped maritime terminal designed by the architect Zaha Hadid, and various amenities including pubs, pizzerias, megastores, and boutiques of all kinds.
Can I travel on the ferry from Salerno to Ischia with a car?
No, you can’t embark your vehicle on hydrofoils serving the Salerno - Ischia route.
You can leave your car in one of the paid parking lots at the port area of Salerno.
On Alicost ferries, you can bring along 1 piece of luggage with a maximum size of 50x35x20 cm free of charge. For any extra luggage, you might need to pay an extra fee.
There are no cabins available on hydrofoils traveling from Salerno to Ischia. Onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
Pets are welcome on-board Alicost hydrofoils. You can travel with your pet as long as you include it in the booking and pay a small fee.
Keep in mind that mostly small- or medium-sized pets are allowed on board. When it comes to pets of particularly large size, boarding may be denied. Also keep in mind that dogs must wear a muzzle and be on a leash.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Salerno to Ischia
On Ferryhopper, you can book ferry tickets to Ischia from Salerno easily and quickly. Find all available ferry crossings on our Map of ferries, compare schedules and fares, and plan your ferry trip in the Gulf of Naples at the same prices as ferry companies!