Ferry from Naples to Procida
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Naples to Procida?
Yes, you can travel from Naples to Procida by ferry all year round, thanks to routes operated by 2 companies: SNAV and Caremar. There are normally up to 20 crossings a day.
What’s the ferry schedule from Naples to Procida?
The first ferry to Procida usually departs from the Calata Porta di Massa pier at 06:00 and reaches its destination around 07:00. The last ferry normally departs from the same pier at 21:55 and arrives in Procida just before 23:00.
Tip: bear in mind that ferry timetables are subject to change. Therefore, make sure to check for updated schedules on Ferryhopper.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Naples to Procida?
Naples - Procida ferry tickets cost around €20-23. The price varies depending on the operator and the route.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all current offers for the ferry trip to Procida from Naples. Find real-time information about available ferry routes, compare fares and offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at the best prices.
Current offers are automatically applied when booking your ferry tickets.
Infants and toddlers up to 2 years old travel for free, while children from 3 to 12 years old travel with discount tickets. There are also discounts for groups and residents.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Naples to Procida?
The Naples - Procida ferry trip takes 40 min or 1 hr, depending on the type of vessel.
Tip: remember that you can always check any changes and track your ferry in real time on the Ferryhopper App.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Naples to Procida?
The connection between Naples and Procida is also operated by fast hydrofoils that reach the island in 40 min.
What’s the distance between Naples and Procida?
The distance between Naples and Procida is 12 nautical miles (around 22 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Procida from Naples
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Naples to Procida:
- We recommend arriving at the port of Naples at least 1 hr advance, especially in high season and on weekends, to avoid overcrowding.
- In case of very rough seas, ferry services can be suspended. Please make sure to always contact the company you are traveling with before the trip.
- Check the best tips for your holiday in Procida on our dedicated travel guide.
- Discover the top things to do on a day trip from Naples to Procida.
- An alternative to the port of Naples is to travel to Procida from the nearby city of Pozzuoli. The Pozzuoli - Procida ferry ride takes only 20 minutes!
- For the latest information on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy, you can check our relevant post.
Where to take the ferry from Naples to Procida?
Ferries and hydrofoils from Naples to Procida leave from the pier of Molo Beverello or from the Calata Porta di Massa pier.
Both piers are about 2 km from the Naples Central railway station and you can reach them on foot, by taxi, bus or metro.
Can I travel on the ferry from Naples to Procida with a car?
You can only bring your car on Caremar ferries operating on the Naples - Procida connection.
If you arrive in Naples by car, you can leave it in one of the private parking lots at the port area. Bear in mind that Procia is pretty small and can easily be explored on foot.
Useful info: from April to October, the circulation of motor vehicles of non-residents is not allowed in Procida.
Each ferry company traveling from Naples to Procida has its own baggage allowance policy. More specifically:
- SNAV allows passengers to bring along 1 piece of luggage with a maximum size of 50x35x20 cm and a maximum weight of 9 kg.
- On Caremar ferries, you can bring 1 piece of luggage of up to 20 kg (on ferries) or 10 kg (on hydrofoils) with a maximum size of 50x40x20 cm.
There are no cabins available on ferries traveling from Naples to Procida. However, onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
You can travel safely with your pet on all Naples - Procida ferries, as long as you include it in the booking and pay a small fee.
For more information about animal transport regulations and the documents you need to present upon boarding, we recommend contacting the company you travel with.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Naples to Procida
On Ferryhopper, you can book ferry tickets to Procida from Naples easily and quickly. Find all available ferry crossings on our Map of ferries, compare schedules and fares, and plan your ferry trip in the Gulf of Naples at the same prices as ferry companies!