Ferry from Pozzuoli to Procida
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Pozzuoli to Procida?
On the Pozzuoli - Procida ferry route, there are about 20 daily connections available all year round, with increased frequency in summer.
You can travel either by ferry or hydrofoil, operated by the 3 companies: Medmar, Caremar and Gestour.
How long is the ferry ride from Pozzuoli to Procida?
The ferry trip from Pozzuoli to Procida lasts about 20-40 min, depending on the company and the type of vessel you’re traveling with.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Pozzuoli to Procida?
The route from Pozzuoli to Procida is also operated by fast ferries that reach the port of the island in 20 min.
How much is the ferry from Pozzuoli to Procida?
The price of the ferry tickets and hydrofoil services from Pozzuoli to Procida is about €15. The final cost depends on whether you bring along your vehicle, available discounts and seasonality.
Tip: you can also travel with your pet by ferry for an additional cost of about €5.
What’s the ferry schedule from Pozzuoli to Procida?
The Pozzuoli - Procida ferry route is active all year round and includes several daily connections.
The first ferry leaves Pozzuoli at around 04:00 in the morning, while the last departure is at 20:00.
What’s the distance between Pozzuoli and Procida?
The distance between Pozzuoli and Procida is approximately 6 nautical miles (about 10km).
Am I allowed to travel from Pozzuoli to Procida?
Yes, it is possible to travel from Pozzuoli to Procida and get around the islands of the Gulf of Naples. Before planning your trip, take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy, including all the documents required for your journey.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Pozzuoli to Procida?
On Ferryhopper, you can find detailed info and the best tips to plan your ferry trip from Pozzuoli to Procida. And if you wish to explore the rest of the Gulf of Naples, have a look at our Map of ferries.
Colorful boats and buildings in Procida
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Pozzuoli to Procida
Have a look at some important tips for your ferry ride to Procida:
- In the busy months of July and August, we suggest you arrive at the port of Pozzuoli early to avoid delays. The same applies to ferry trips on weekends.
- Ferry times change often. Make sure to check them again a few days before your departure.
- In case of hazardous weather conditions, ferry and hydrofoil services are usually suspended. We suggest you consult with the company you are traveling with.
- Apart from Procida, Pozzuoli is also connected to Ischia by ferry. Have a look at the Pozzuoli - Ischia ferry route and discover the rest of the Gulf of Naples!
Where to take the ferry from Pozzuoli to Procida
Ferries to Procida leave from the port of Pozzuoli, which is located about 14km from the city of Naples. You can reach Pozzuoli from Naples in less than 1 hr by taking the subway or the Cumana railway line.
The companies that operate on the ferry route to Procida from Pozzuoli have similar policies for luggage:
- Medmar allows passengers to bring 1 piece of hand luggage weighing less than 20kg free of charge.
- With Gestour, passengers can carry 1 piece of hand luggage with maximum dimensions of 60x40x30cm and a maximum weight of 10kg for free.
- On the ferries of Caremar, it is possible to carry 1 piece of hand luggage with a maximum size of 50x40x20cm for free. If you’re traveling by ferry, pieces of luggage should not weigh more than 20kg. As for hydrofoils, the proposed maximum weight is 10kg.
Given the short duration of the Pozzuoli - Procida route, there are no cabins on the ferries and hydrofoils. Onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
Can I travel on the ferry from Pozzuoli to Procida with a car?
Cars and motorcycles are allowed on certain ferries from Pozzuoli to Procida, depending on the company and type of vessel. Trucks and other commercial vehicles are not allowed.
In case you want to travel without a vehicle, there are paid parking lots close to the port of Pozzuoli.
Tip: from April until the end of October, the circulation of cars, motorcycles and mopeds is prohibited in Procida for non-residents.