Ferry from Pozzuoli to Procida
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a direct ferry from Pozzuoli to Procida?
Yes, there are usually more than 20 daily crossings from Pozzuoli to Procida available all year round, with increased frequency in summer.
You can travel either by ferry or hydrofoil, and the route is operated by the 4 ferry companies: Medmar, Ippocampo, Caremar, and Gestour.
What’s the ferry schedule from Pozzuoli to Procida?
The earliest ferry to Procida from Pozzuoli usually departs at around 05:45 reaching the island at 06:25. The latest ferry usually leaves around 20:00 and arrives in Procida at 20:30.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Pozzuoli to Procida?
A single Piombino - Golfo Aranci ferry ticket ranges from around €8 to €17. Ticket prices may vary depending on the type of vessel and the company.
Useful info: until the end of October, there is a €3.50 disembarkation fee for non-residents in Procida.
On Ferryhopper, you can find the best available offers for your ferry trip to Procida. Take a look at our routes, find the lowest prices and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper easily and quickly.
Current offers are automatically applied when booking your ferry tickets.
Children up to 2 or 4 years old travel free of charge, while there are also discounts for children up to 12 years old, groups and residents.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Pozzuoli to Procida?
The Pozzuoli - Procida crossing takes 20 min or 40 min, depending on the type of vessel.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Pozzuoli to Procida?
The connection between Pozzuoli and Procida is also operated by fast hydrofoils that reach the island in 20 min.
What’s the distance between Pozzuoli and Procida?
The distance between Pozzuoli and Procida is 6 nautical miles (about 10 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Pozzuoli to Procida
Have a look at some important tips for your trip to Procida:
- In the event of hazardous weather conditions, ferry and hydrofoil services are usually suspended. We suggest you consult with the company you are traveling with.
- The fastest way to reach the port of Pozzuoli from Naples is to take metro Line 2 from the Central Station (Piazza Garibaldi). You will arrive at your destination in just 40 min. However, you can also reach Procida from Naples by ferry.
- In the busy months of July and August, we suggest you arrive at the port of Pozzuoli at least 1 hr early to avoid delays. The same applies to ferry trips on weekends.
- The Phlegraean island of Procida is quite small and is perfect for a day trip.
- Apart from Procida, Pozzuoli is also connected to Ischia by ferry. Take a look at the Pozzuoli - Ischia ferry route and discover the islands of the Gulf of Naples!
Where to take the ferry from Pozzuoli to Procida?
Ferries to Procida from Pozzuoli depart from the pier in Largo San Paolo.
The Pozzuoli Solfatara train station is almost 1.5 km from the port, which you can reach on foot or by bus. Not far from the port, you can also find some of the city's attractions, including the beautiful Pertini promenade.
Can I travel on the ferry from Pozzuoli to Procida with a car?
You can bring along your car or motorcycle only on ferries traveling from Pozzuoli to Procida, but not on hydrofoils.
If you don’t plan to travel with a vehicle, you can always use the paid parking lots located near the port of Pozzuoli.
Useful info: from April to October, the circulation of motor vehicles of non-residents is not allowed in Procida.
The companies that operate on the ferry route to Procida from Pozzuoli have similar luggage policies:
- Medmar allows passengers to bring 1 piece of hand luggage weighing less than 20 kg at no extra charge.
- With Gestour, passengers can carry 1 piece of hand luggage with maximum dimensions of 60x40x30 cm and a maximum weight of 10 kg at no extra charge.
- On Caremar ferries, it is possible to carry 1 piece of hand luggage with a maximum size of 50x40x20 cm for free and a maximum weight of 20 kg.
- On Ippocampo vessels, it is possible to carry 1 piece of luggage of maximum size 50x35x20 cm and weight not exceeding 9 kg.
Given the short duration of the Pozzuoli - Procida crossing, there are no cabins available on the ferries and hydrofoils. Onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
All companies operating on the Pozzuoli - Procida route allow you to bring your pet on board. You just have to register it in the booking and pay a small fee.
For more information on the documents and conditions required to travel with your pet, we recommend contacting the operator you travel with.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Pozzuoli to Procida
On Ferryhopper, you can book your tickets from Piombino to Procida at the same prices as ferry companies! Check all available routes to the islands in the Gulf of Naples on our Map of ferries, and plan an unforgettable trip!