Ferry from Heraklion (Crete) to Milos
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Heraklion (Crete) to Milos?
The ferry routes that connect Heraklion of Crete with Milos are seasonal, but very popular during the summer months and run once a week. Usually, this ferry crossing is operated by the companies Minoan Lines and Aegeon Pelagos.
Am I allowed to travel to Milos from Heraklion?
Yes, you can travel from Heraklion (Crete) to Milos by ferry at the moment. However, travel guidelines may change. So, make sure to check the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry traveling in Greece before your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Heraklion (Crete) to Milos?
As mentioned, there is only 1 weekly ferry crossing from Heraklion to Milos. The earliest ferry usually departs at 18:15 from Heraklion, while the last scheduled trip is at 20:15.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How long is the ferry ride from Heraklion (Crete) to Milos?
The trip from Heraklion (Crete) to Milos lasts between 4,5 and 11 hr. The duration of the trip varies depending mainly on the type of vessel and the ferry company.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Heraklion (Crete) to Milos?
Yes, you can travel with a high-speed ferry from Crete to Milos. The fastest ferry to Milos takes about 4 hr.
What’s the distance between Heraklion (Crete) and Milos?
The port of Heraklion is around 89 nautical miles from Milos (165km).
Ferry Route Info
How much is the ferry from Heraklion to Milos?
The Heraklion - Milos ferry price ranges from approximately €21 to €95. The ticket cost can be higher or lower depending on discounts, offers, seat and vessel type, as well as vehicle selection.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Milos from Heraklion. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest ferry prices, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at no extra cost.
Traveling from Heraklion (Crete) to Milos by ferry is easy, comfortable and you can take advantage of lower-cost ferry tickets thanks to the available discounts. The ferry companies offer discounts of up to 50% to the following passenger categories:
- Children from 5 to 10 years old
- Permanent residents of islands (holders of Unique Islander Number)
- Students of Greek Public Universities
- People with disabilities and their accompanying persons
Note: infants and children up to 3 years travel for free. However, keep in mind that available discounts may vary depending on the company you’re traveling with.
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Heraklion (Crete) to Milos
Here are some useful tips for your ferry trip to Milos from Heraklion:
- If you are traveling with your vehicle, it is better to arrive at the port of Heraklion at least 90 min before departure.
- If you intend to stay in Milos for 1 or more days, we suggest you book your stay on the island as soon as possible.
- If you are thinking of traveling from Heraklion to Milos this summer, especially from July to August, it is a good idea to plan your trip in advance and book ferry tickets at least 3 months before the trip.
- Milos belongs to the western Cyclades and is an ideal starting point for island hopping. Check all the ferry connections from Milos to Kimolos, Serifos, Sifnos and Folegandros.
- Other popular ferry routes from the port of Heraklion are those to the cosmopolitan Mykonos or the charming Santorini. You can find more information about the routes Heraklion - Mykonos and Heraklion - Santorini on our relevant pages.
Where to take the ferry from Heraklion to Milos
The Crete - Milos ferry departs from the port of Heraklion. It's located about 2km from the center of the city, close to many shops, restaurants and city landmarks.
To get to the port and catch the ferry from Crete to Milos, you can take a public bus, taxi or walk. The regional bus station of Heraklion is located 700 meters (10 minutes walk) from the port.
The port of Heraklion is easily accessible from the city center and is just a 15-minute walk from the KTEL station. We suggest you get to the port at least 45 minutes before departure.
Each company operating the ferry route from Heraklion to Milos has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- Minoan Lines allows each passenger to carry up to 2 pieces of luggage and 1 hand luggage.
- Aegeon Pelagos does not have restrictions on luggage.
High-speed ferries from Heraklion (Crete) to Milos do not have cabins. However, they have numbered seats. There are cabins and numbered seats on standard ferries, but since the trip is short, we recommend that you book a seat for extra comfort.
You can travel with your pet on the ferry to Milos from Heraklion (Crete), depending on the company and type of vessel. Make sure to carry along the necessary certificates, tickets and any pet supplies you may need for your trip.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Heraklion to Milos
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Heraklion (Crete) to Milos online on Ferryhopper. On our Map of ferries, you can see all the available ferry connections, compare ferry companies and fares, and book your ferry trip to Milos with just a few clicks.