Traveling from Heraklion (Crete) to Milos by ferry
There are 2 weekly ferry crossings from Heraklion to Milos and tickets cost from 25€. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Heraklion (Crete) to Milos*
Is there a ferry from Heraklion (Crete) to Milos?
The ferry routes that connect Heraklion of Crete with Milos are seasonal, but very popular during the summer months and run twice a week. This can change depending on the season and weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. Usually, this ferry crossing is operated by the companies Minoan Lines and Aegeon Pelagos.
How long is the ferry ride from Heraklion (Crete) to Milos?
The trip from Piraeus to Serifos lasts between 4,5 and 11 hours. The duration of the trip varies depending mainly on the type of vessel and the ferry company.
How much is the ferry from Heraklion (Crete) to Milos?
The price for a standard ferry ticket ranges between 25 and 45€, based on the vessel type (conventional ferry or high speed). However, the total cost can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers, and seat or cabin type.
What’s the ferry schedule from Heraklion (Crete) to Milos?
As mentioned, there are 2 weekly ferry crossings from Heraklion to Milos. The earliest ferry usually departs at 10:00 from Heraklion, while the last scheduled trip is at 20:15.
What’s the distance between Heraklion (Crete) and Milos?
The port of Heraklion is around 89 nautical miles from Milos, or else 165 km.
Am I allowed to travel from Heraklion (Crete) to Milos?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Crystal beach of Mandrakia in Milos.
How can I book ferry tickets from Heraklion (Crete) to Milos?
On Ferryhopper you will find all available itineraries to travel by ferry from the port of Heraklion to Milos and the western Cyclades. Check schedules, prices and book ferries to Milos in just 4 clicks.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Heraklion (Crete) to Milos
- The port of Heraklion is easily accessible from the city center and is just a 15-minute walk from the KTEL station. We suggest you get to the port at least 45 minutes before departure. If you are traveling with your vehicle, it is a good idea to be at the port at least 1 hour before departure.
- If you intend to stay in Milos for 1 or more days, we suggest you book your stay on the island as soon as possible (at least 3 months in advance).
- If you are thinking of traveling from Heraklion to Milos this summer, especially from mid-July to mid-August, it is a good idea to plan your trip in advance and book ferry tickets at least 3 months before the trip. Tickets run out fast, as do car and motorcycle seats in the garage.
- Milos belongs to the western Cyclades and is an ideal starting point for island hopping. Check all the ferry connections of Milos with Kimolos, Serifos, Sifnos and Folegandros on our map of ferries.
- Other popular itineraries from the port of Heraklion are those to the cosmopolitan Mykonos or the charming Santorini. You can find more information about the routes Heraklion - Mykonos and Heraklion - Santorini on our relevant pages.
- For any questions or information you may need about the schedules of your trip, you can contact the Ferryhopper team.