Traveling from La Palma to La Gomera by ferry
There are around 16 weekly ferry crossings from La Palma to La Gomera, serviced by 2 ferry companies. Find all information regarding schedules and ticket prices. Compare ferry companies and book ferry tickets for the Canary Islands.
Ferry schedules from La Palma to La Gomera*
Is there a ferry from La Palma to La Gomera?
Normally, the route from La Palma to La Gomera is available with 16 crossings per week on average. The route is available throughout the year, usually serviced by Fred Olsen Express and Naviera Armas. You can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from La Palma to La Gomera?
The ferry crossing duration from La Palma to La Gomera is 2h 15min on average. The duration of the trip varies mainly depending on weather conditions and vessel type.
How much is the ferry from La Palma to La Gomera?
Ferry tickets from La Palma to La Gomera start at €24. The price gets higher or lower according to discounts, offers, and vehicle or cabin selection.
What’s the ferry schedule from La Palma to La Gomera?
There are 1-2 daily ferry crossings from the port of Santa Cruz in La Palma to San Sebastián in La Gomera. The earliest ferry usually leaves from La Palma at 04:00 and arrives in La Gomera around 06:15. The latest scheduled trip is at 15:30, reaching La Gomera at 17:45.
Tip: From the port of San Sebastián you can catch a ferry to Valle Gran Rey on the west side of the island. The route is available daily and it is usually serviced by Fred Olsen Express. It takes around 1 hour to reach Valle Gran Rey from San Sebastián and tickets start at €11.
What’s the distance between La Palma and La Gomera?
The distance between La Palma and La Gomera is approximately 51 nautical miles (95 km).
Am I allowed to travel from La Palma to La Gomera?
Yes, travel between La Palma and La Gomera is currently allowed. There are no movement restrictions in place for the Canary Islands. For the latest information on COVID-19 and traveling by ferry, visit our relevant FaQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from La Palma to La Gomera?
On ferryhopper.com you can easily book ferry tickets to La Gomera from La Palma. Find information about available itineraries on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and itineraries, and plan your trip.
The 15th century fortification “Torre del Conde” in San Sebastián de la Gomera.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from La Palma to La Gomera
- You can explore the island of La Gomera by ferry with Fred Olsen Express. The following routes are normally available: San Sebastián - Valle Gran Rey, Valle Gran Rey - Playa Santiago and Playa Santiago - San Sebastián.
- Ferryhopper suggests that you get to the port of Santa Cruz de la Palma 1h 30min before boarding, especially if you are traveling with a vehicle.
- In La Gomera, there are bus services that connect the port with the main villages of the island. Bus no. 2 allows you to explore the north side of the island.
- La Gomera is one of the smallest islands in the Canaries, which makes it perfect for a one-day trip!
- Both La Palma and La Gomera are well connected with other Canary Islands like El Hierro and Tenerife. For an unforgettable island-hopping experience, you can view all the available ferry routes between the Canary Islands on Ferryhopper!