Ferry La Palma - La Gomera
Tickets, Prices, Schedules
Is there a ferry from La Palma to La Gomera?
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change from season to season. You can find real-time schedules for the La Palma - La Gomera ferry crossing and book ferry tickets online on Ferryhopper, with no extra fees.
How long is the ferry ride from La Palma to La Gomera?
The ferry crossing duration from La Palma to La Gomera is 3 hours on average. The duration of the trip varies mainly depending on weather conditions and vessel type.
Is there a high-speed ferry from La Palma to La Gomera?
Yes, there are high-speed ferries from La Palma to La Gomera. The fastest ferry takes about 2.5 hours to reach its destination.
How much is the ferry from La Palma to La Gomera?
Ferry tickets from La Palma to La Gomera start at €29. The final ticket price can be higher or lower depending on the vehicle and seat selection, as well as the available discounts, such as the resident discount.
What’s the ferry schedule to La Gomera from La Palma?
There are 1-2 daily ferry crossings from the port of Santa Cruz in La Palma to San Sebastián in La Gomera. The earliest ferry usually leaves from La Palma at 04:00 and arrives in La Gomera around 06:15. The latest scheduled trip is at 15:30, reaching La Gomera at 17:45.
Tip: From the port of San Sebastián you can catch a ferry to Valle Gran Rey on the west side of the island. The route is available daily and it is usually serviced by Fred Olsen Express. It takes around 1 hour to reach Valle Gran Rey from San Sebastián and tickets start at €11.
What’s the distance between La Palma and La Gomera?
The distance between La Palma and La Gomera is approximately 51 nautical miles (95 km).
Am I allowed to travel from La Palma to La Gomera?
Yes, traveling by ferry between the Canary Islands is allowed. Bear in mind, however, that travel guidelines may change. For more detailed and up-to-date information, please visit the official Canary Islands tourism website.
Where can I book ferry tickets to La Gomera?
On Ferryhopper you can easily book ferry tickets to La Gomera from La Palma. Find information about available itineraries on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and itineraries, and plan your trip.
The 15th century fortification “Torre del Conde” in San Sebastián de la Gomera
Useful tips for your ferry trip to La Gomera from La Palma
- You can explore the island of La Gomera by ferry with Fred Olsen Express. The following routes are normally available: San Sebastián - Valle Gran Rey, Valle Gran Rey - Playa Santiago and Playa Santiago - San Sebastián.
- Ferryhopper suggests that you get to the port of Santa Cruz de la Palma 1h 30min before boarding, especially if you are traveling with a vehicle.
- La Gomera is one of the smallest islands in the Canaries, which makes it perfect for a one-day trip!
- Both La Palma and La Gomera are well connected with other Canary Islands like El Hierro and Tenerife. For an unforgettable island-hopping experience, you can view all the available ferry routes between the Canary Islands on Ferryhopper!
- Due to the recent volcanic eruption in La Palma, ferry companies such as Fred. Olsen Express have added more crossings to accommodate passengers, who might get their flights canceled or delayed. Traveling by ferry from and to La Palma is a much safer option at the moment.
Where to take the ferry from La Palma to La Gomera
You can travel by ferry to La Gomera from the port of Santa Cruz de La Palma, the capital of the island. The city is located on the east coast of La Palma, about 9km from La Palma Airport. Bus route 500 runs regularly from the airport to the capital and the ride to the center of the city takes about 30 min. There are also bus services connecting Santa Cruz de La Palma with the island's main towns.
Can I travel on the ferry from La Palma to La Gomera with a car?
Yes, the ferries La Palma - La Gomera can transport vehicles. Bear in mind that the garage seats for vehicles may run out fast, so we suggest that you book your car or motorbike ticket well in advance! The average price for a car ticket is around €40 - €60, while motorcycle fares cost approximately €30 - €50.
Follow Ferryhopper to find all available ferry ticket discounts and offers for vehicles and easily plan your journey.
Each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically for the ferry from La Palma to La Gomera:
- Fred. Olsen Express: The company allows 20kg of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport your bags and lockers for €1. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 piece of luggage in the lounge in addition to your handbags, provided that it doesn't obstruct passageways or occupy a seat.
- Naveria Armas: The company allows 60kg or 4 items of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport them.
Most ferries that serve the route to La Gomera do not have cabins. Most companies offer numbered seats.