Ferry from La Palma to La Gomera
Tickets, Prices, Schedules
Is there a ferry from La Palma to La Gomera?
Normally, the route from La Palma to La Gomera is available with around 15 crossings per week, operated by Fred. Olsen Express and Naviera Armas.
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change from season to season. You can find real-time schedules for the La Palma - La Gomera ferry route and book ferry tickets online on Ferryhopper.
Am I allowed to travel from La Palma to La Gomera?
Yes, traveling from La Palma to La Gomera by ferry is allowed. Take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Spain and get ready for your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from La Palma to La Gomera
There are up to 3-4 daily ferry crossings from the port of Santa Cruz de La Palma to San Sebastián in La Gomera. The earliest ferry usually leaves from La Palma at 04:00 in the morning and arrives in La Gomera just before 10:00. The latest scheduled trip is at 17:00, reaching La Gomera at 20:50.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from La Palma to La Gomera?
Ferry tickets from La Palma to La Gomera start at €30. The final cost may vary depending on available offers and discounts, seat type and vehicle selection.
Discover the best available offers for ferry tickets on Ferryhopper. Find real-time information about our ferry routes, compare fares and offers, and book ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at the same price with the ferry companies.
Find the discount that suits you best on Ferryhopper and book tickets to La Gomera at the best prices! If you are living in the Canaries, you can use the Canary Islands resident discount and save up to 75%.
Here are some indicative passenger categories that are entitled to discount tickets:
- Young people under 26
- Large families
- Senior travelers (over 60 years)
- Residents of the Canary Islands
Note: infants and toddlers up to 3 years old normally travel free of charge.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from La Palma to La Gomera?
The ferry duration from La Palma to La Gomera is 3 hr on average. The duration of the trip varies mainly depending on weather conditions and the type of vessel.
Is there a high-speed ferry from La Palma to La Gomera?
Yes, there are high-speed ferries from La Palma to La Gomera. The fastest ferry takes about 2.5 hr to reach its destination.
What’s the distance between La Palma and La Gomera?
The distance between La Palma and La Gomera is approximately 51 nautical miles (95 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to La Gomera from La Palma
Here are some travel tips for your ferry trip to La Gomera:
- Ferryhopper suggests that you get to the port of Santa Cruz de La Palma 1.5 hr before boarding, especially if you are traveling with a vehicle.
- La Gomera is one of the smallest islands in the Canaries, which makes it perfect for a one-day trip!
- Check our La Gomera travel guide for more tips and useful information about the island.
- Both La Palma and La Gomera are well-connected to other islands of the complex, such as El Hierro and Tenerife. For an unforgettable island hopping in the Canaries, book your trip on Ferryhopper easily!
Where to take the ferry from La Palma to La Gomera
You can travel by ferry to La Gomera from the port of Santa Cruz de La Palma, the capital of the island. The city is located on the east coast of La Palma, about 9 km from La Palma Airport.
Bus route 500 regularly runs from the airport to the capital and the ride to the city's center takes about 30 min. There are also bus services connecting Santa Cruz de La Palma with the island's main towns.
Can I travel on the ferry from La Palma to La Gomera with a car?
Yes, all ferries from La Palma to La Gomera can transport vehicles. Keep in mind that garage seats for vehicles may run out fast, so we suggest that you book your car or motorbike ticket well in advance.
Each ferry company serving this route has a different baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- With Naviera Armas, each passenger can carry a maximum of 60 kg in luggage or 4 items in total. The company also offers trolleys to transport them.
- With Fred. Olsen Express, you can carry up to 20 kg of luggage. There are also trolleys to transport your bags and lockers for €1. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 piece of luggage in the lounge in addition to your handbags, provided that it doesn't obstruct passageways or occupy any seats.
Ferries that serve the route to La Gomera do not have cabins. Alternatively, most companies offer numbered seats.
You can travel with your pet on the ferry from La Palma to La Gomera. Pet policies may vary depending on the company you're traveling with. Make sure to carry along all necessary certificates, tickets and pet supplies for your trip.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from La Palma to La Gomera?
On Ferryhopper, you can easily book ferry tickets to La Gomera from La Palma. Find information about available itineraries on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and itineraries, and plan your trip online easily and quickly.