Ferry La Gomera - Tenerife
Tickets, Prices, Times, Companies
Is there a ferry from La Gomera to Tenerife?
The La Gomera - Tenerife ferry connection is usually served over 4 times per day throughout the year. Most ferries depart from the port of San Sebastián de La Gomera, but occasionally, there is also a connection from the port of Valle Gran Rey. The route is normally operated by 2 ferry companies: Fred. Olsen Express and Naviera Armas.
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change from season to season. You can find real-time schedules for La Gomera - Tenerife ferry route and book ferry tickets online on Ferryhopper, with no extra fees.
How long is the ferry ride from La Gomera to Tenerife?
The duration of the ferry trip from the port of San Sebastián de La Gomera is approximately 1 hour, while the trip from the port of Valle Gran Rey to Tenerife is around 1 hour 45 minutes.
Is there a high-speed ferry from La Gomera to Tenerife?
Yes, there are high-speed ferries traveling from La Gomera to Tenerife. The fastest ferry reaches the island in 50 min.
How much is the ferry from La Gomera to Tenerife?
Ferry prices from La Gomera to Tenerife start at around €40. The final ticket price can be higher or lower depending on the vehicle and seat selection, as well as the available discounts. For example, you can apply the resident discount on the Tenerife - La Gomera ferry crossing.
What’s the ferry schedule from La Gomera to Tenerife?
There are usually at least 4 daily ferry crossings to the port of Los Cristianos in Tenerife from the port of San Sebastián de La Gomera. The earliest ferry normally departs from San Sebastián at 07:00 and arrives at around 07:50. The latest departure is usually at 17:30, with the ferry reaching Tenerife at 18:20.
Occasionally, there is also a ferry connection from Valle Gran Rey to the port of Los Cristianos de Tenerife. The route is usually served 2 times per week.
What’s the distance between La Gomera and Tenerife?
The distance between Tenerife and La Gomera is approximately 25 nautical miles (about 47km).
Am I allowed to travel from La Gomera to Tenerife?
Yes, traveling by ferry between the Canary Islands is allowed. Βear in mind, however, that travel guidelines may change. For more detailed and up-to-date information, please visit the official Canary Islands tourism website.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from La Gomera to Tenerife?
You can book cheap ferry tickets from La Gomera to Tenerife on Ferryhopper with just a few clicks. See all available ferry connections on, compare schedules, companies and prices, and plan your trip online at no extra cost.
The magnificent Las Teresitas beach in Tenerife
Useful tips for your ferry trip from La Gomera to Tenerife
Here are some travel tips for your trip
- San Sebastián is the main port of La Gomera and can get quite busy during the summer. We recommend arriving at least 1.5 hr before departure, especially if you are traveling with a vehicle.
- Check our Tenerife travel guide for more information about your holidays on the island.
- Tenerife is one of the capitals of the Canaries and is well-connected to other islands of the complex. Find all available ferry itineraries on the Map of ferries and plan your island-hopping hassle-free.
- For more information about your ferry trip from La Gomera to Tenerife, you can contact our customer support team.
Where to take the ferry from La Gomera to Tenerife
You can travel by ferry from San Sebastián de La Gomera Los Cristianos in Tenerife. The port is in the capital of the island and serves most of the ferry routes to other destinations. However, there is also one smaller port in La Gomera, Valle Gran Rey, which is located in the southwest. The easiest way to get to both ports are by taxi, as bus services are limited on the island.
Can I travel on the ferry from La Gomera to Tenerife with a car?
Yes, ferries from both ports of La Gomera to Tenerife can transport vehicles. Bear in mind that the garage seats for vehicles may run out fast, so we suggest that you book your car or motorbike ticket well in advance! The average price of a car ticket for the trip is around €30 - €40, while motorcycle fares cost approximately €25 - €40.
Follow Ferryhopper to find all available ferry ticket discounts and offers for vehicles and travel easily by ferry from La Gomera to Tenerife.
Luggage on the ferry to La Gomera
Each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- Fred. Olsen Express: The company allows 20kg of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport your bags and lockers for €1. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 piece of luggage in the lounge in addition to your handbags, provided that it doesn't obstruct passageways or occupy a seat.
- Naveria Armas: The company allows 60kg or 4 items of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport them.
The ferry trip to reach Tenerife from La Gomera is quite short. So, there are no cabins on the ferries serving the route, but there are numbered seats.