Ferry from La Gomera to Tenerife
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from La Gomera to Tenerife?
The La Gomera - Tenerife ferry route is usually served several times per day throughout the year. Ferries normally depart from the port of San Sebastián de La Gomera, with the crossings being served by Fred. Olsen Express and Naviera Armas.
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change from season to season. You can find real-time schedules for the La Gomera - Tenerife ferry route and book ferry tickets online on Ferryhopper, easily and quickly.
What’s the ferry schedule from La Gomera to Tenerife
There are around 7 daily ferries to Tenerife from La Gomera. The earliest ferry normally departs at 07:00 in the morning and arrives at around 07:50-08:00. The last departure is usually at 21:00, with the ferry reaching Tenerife at around 22:00.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from La Gomera to Tenerife?
Standard ferry prices from La Gomera to Tenerife normally cost around €44-€45. The final cost may vary depending on available offers and discounts, seat type and vehicle selection.
Discover the best available offers for ferry tickets to the Canaries on Ferryhopper. Find real-time information about our ferry routes, compare fares and offers, and book ferry tickets on Ferryhopper with confidence.
Find the discount that suits you best on Ferryhopper and book tickets to Tenerife on a budget! If you live in the Canaries, for example, you can use the Canary Islands resident discount and save up to 75%.
Here are some indicative passenger categories that are entitled to discount tickets:
- Young people under 26
- Large families
- Senior travelers (over 60 years)
- Residents of the Canary Islands
Note: infants and toddlers up to 3 years old normally travel free of charge.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from La Gomera to Tenerife?
The ferry duration from La Gomera to Tenerife varies between 50 min to 1 hr, depending on the crossing you’ve chosen.
Is there a high-speed ferry from La Gomera to Tenerife?
Yes, there are high-speed ferries traveling from La Gomera to Tenerife. The fastest ferry reaches the island in 50 min.
What’s the distance between La Gomera and Tenerife?
The distance between Tenerife and La Gomera is approximately 25 nautical miles (about 47 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Tenerife from La Gomera
Here are some travel tips for your ferry trip:
- San Sebastián is the main port of La Gomera and can get quite busy during the summer. We recommend arriving at least 1.5 hr before boarding, especially if you are traveling with a vehicle.
- Check our Tenerife travel guide for more information about your holidays on the island.
- Tenerife is one of the capitals of the Canaries and is well-connected to other islands of the complex. Find all available ferry routes on the Map of ferries and plan your island hopping in the Canaries hassle-free.
Where to take the ferry from La Gomera to Tenerife
You can travel by ferry from San Sebastián de La Gomera to Los Cristianos in Tenerife. The port is in the capital of the island and serves most of the ferry routes to other destinations.
There is also one smaller port in La Gomera, Valle Gran Rey, which is located in the southwest. The easiest way to get to both ports is by taxi, as bus services are limited on the island.
Can I travel on the ferry from La Gomera to Tenerife with a car?
Yes, ferries from La Gomera to Tenerife can transport vehicles. Bear in mind that the garage seats for vehicles may run out fast, so we suggest that you book your car or motorbike ticket well in advance!
Each ferry company has a different baggage allowance policy:
- With Naviera Armas, each passenger can carry a maximum of 60 kg in luggage or 4 items in total. The company also offers trolleys to transport them.
- With Fred. Olsen Express, you can carry up to 20 kg of luggage. There are also trolleys to transport your bags and lockers for €1. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 piece of luggage in the lounge in addition to your handbags, provided that it doesn't obstruct passageways or occupy any seats.
As the distance between the two islands is rather short, there are no cabins to book. Alternatively, numbered seats are available.
You can travel with your pet on the ferry from La Gomera to Tenerife. Pet policies may vary depending on the company you're traveling with. Make sure to carry along all necessary certificates, tickets and pet supplies for your trip.
Book cheap ferry tickets from La Gomera to Tenerife
You can book cheap ferry tickets from La Gomera to Tenerife online on Ferryhopper with ease. Find all available ferry connections, compare schedules, companies and prices, and plan your trip without hidden fees.