Traveling from Tenerife to El Hierro by ferry
There are around 7 weekly ferry crossings from Tenerife to El Hierro with tickets starting at €49. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Tenerife to El Hierro*
Is there a ferry from Tenerife to El Hierro?
How long is the ferry ride from Tenerife to El Hierro?
The ferry crossing to El Hierro is around 2h 30min. The duration of the route varies mainly depending on the type of vessel and the weather conditions.
How much is the ferry from Tenerife to El Hierro?
The starting price for a standard ferry ticket from Tenerife to El Hierro is €49. The final price depends on the seat type and any vehicle on board.
What’s the ferry schedule from Tenerife to El Hierro?
The Tenerife - El Hierro itinerary is available throughout the year with 7 weekly crossings. The earliest ferry departs from the port of Los Cristianos at 07:55, reaching Valverde in El Hierro at 10:25. The latest crossing is at 20:15 and the ferry arrives at the port of Valverde at 22:45.
What’s the distance between Tenerife and El Hierro?
The distance between Tenerife and El Hierro is approximately 77 nautical miles (143 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Tenerife to El Hierro?
Yes, travel between Tenerife and El Hierro is currently allowed. There are no movement restrictions in place for the Canaries. Visit our relevant FaQ section, to get the latest information on COVID-19 travel arrangements.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Tenerife to El Hierro?
On ferryhopper.com you can easily book ferry tickets to El Hierro from Tenerife. Find information about available itineraries on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and tickets, and plan your trip.
The Rocks of Salmor, home to the giant lizard of El Hierro.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Tenerife to El Hierro
- Los Cristianos in Tenerife is one of the most popular ports of the Canary Islands and can get quite busy. For that reason, it’s wise to get to the port at least 1h 15min before departure.
- If you’re looking forward to planning your ferry trip in Spain and the Canaries, have a look at all the latest ferry schedules.
- Apart from the ferry crossing to El Hierro, Tenerife is a great starting point for island hopping in the Canary Islands. From the ports of Tenerife you can travel directly to La Palma, Gran Canaria, La Gomera, and Fuerteventura.
- Don’t miss out on the beautiful beaches of El Hierro! Rocky or sandy, the island’s beaches are peaceful and untamed. Some of the top beaches in El Hierro are: Playa del Verodal, Arenas Blancas and Playa de Tacorón.
- The port of La Restinga is considered to be the southernmost geopolitical point of Europe! You can follow the trail east of the port and reach the actual spot on foot.