Ferry from La Gomera to El Hierro
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from La Gomera to El Hierro?
There are indirect ferry routes from La Gomera to El Hierro, which include a stopover in the neighboring island of Tenerife. Ferry crossings between these islands are operated by the ferry companies of Naviera Armas and Fred. Olsen.
As ferry crossings and schedules are subject to change, you can find real-time information and updates about the La Gomera - El Hierro route on Ferryhopper.
What’s the ferry schedule from La Gomera to El Hierro
You can travel indirectly from La Gomera to El Hierro by ferry, as there are several daily crossings year-round. All crossings include Tenerife as an intermediate stop, where you have to switch ferries at the port of Los Cristianos before resuming your journey to El Hierro.
There are usually several daily departures from 07:00 in the morning until 17:00. Regardless of the departure time and the total duration of the indirect route, ferries to El Hierro typically arrive at 20:00.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from La Gomera to El Hierro?
The price of a ferry ticket for the La Gomera - El Hierro route depends on the combination of crossings you’ve chosen. In total, standard tickets cost around €99-€107 on average. The final cost may vary depending on vehicle selection and available offers and discounts.
Discover the best available offers for ferry tickets on Ferryhopper. Find real-time information about our ferry routes, compare prices and offers, and book your ferry tickets to the Canaries without any hidden fees.
For your trip from La Gomera to El Hierro, you can take advantage of special discounts. For example, if you're living in the Canaries, you can use the Canary Islands resident discount on Ferryhopper.
Some indicative passenger categories that are entitled to discount tickets are:
- Senior travelers
- Residents of the Canary Islands
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from La Gomera to El Hierro?
The duration of the La Gomera - El Hierro ferry trip varies between 6 hr and 27 hr, depending on the combination of crossings and the duration of the stopover.
Is there a high-speed ferry from La Gomera to El Hierro?
Yes, most ferries connecting La Gomera to El Hierro via Tenerife are fast ferries. The fastest indirect connection takes about 6 hr.
What’s the distance between La Gomera and El Hierro?
The distance between La Gomera and Tenerife is approximately 25 nautical miles (47 km). The distance between Tenerife and El Hierro is about 77 nautical miles (143 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to El Hierro from La Gomera
Here, you can find our top travel tips for your trip to El Hierro:
- Ferries arrive at the port of Los Cristianos in Tenerife. There, you will find several restaurants and cafes while waiting for your ferry to El Hierro.
- The indirect ferry route from La Gomera to El Hierro gives you a taste of island hopping in the Canary Islands. On our Map of ferries, you can browse all potential route combinations and plan an island-hopping trip to the Canaries.
- Check out our El Hierro travel guide for holiday suggestions, useful information and local tips about the island on Ferryhopper.
Where to take the ferry from La Gomera to El Hierro
Ferries traveling to El Hierro via Tenerife depart from the port of San Sebastián in La Gomera. This is the capital and main port of the island, located on its east coast. You can easily get there by car or taxi. Bus routes are also available, but their connections are usually limited.
Can I travel on the ferry from La Gomera to El Hierro with a car?
Yes, you can bring along your vehicle when traveling to El Hierro from La Gomera by ferry. Make sure that you book your vehicle tickets well in advance for both legs of the indirect itinerary to El Hierro.
Each ferry company has different baggage allowance policies. Specifically:
- With Fred. Olsen Express, passengers can carry luggage up to 20 kg. It also offers trolleys to transport your bags and lockers for €1. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 piece of luggage in the lounge in addition to your handbags, provided that it doesn't obstruct passageways or occupy any seats.
- With Naveria Armas, you can bring along a piece of luggage weighing up to 60 kg or 4 items per person. It also offers trolleys to transport them.
The ferries operating on the La Gomera - El Hierro route do not have cabins. Onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
You can travel with your pet on the ferry from La Gomera to El Hierro. Pet policies may vary depending on the company you're traveling with. Make sure to carry along all necessary certificates, tickets, and pet supplies you for your trip.
Book cheap ferry tickets from La Gomera to El Hierro
Find all available connections from La Gomera to El Hierro, compare prices and timetables, and book your trip to El Hierro on Ferryhopper easily and quickly.