Traveling from Genoa to Olbia by ferry
The Genoa-Olbia ferry route is very popular as it connects northern Italy with one of the most well-known destinations in Sardinia. The port of Olbia, in fact, represents the gateway to the wonderful Costa Smeralda and is located north of the island, about 20 km away from the port of Golfo Aranci.
Ferry schedules from Genoa to Olbia*
How many connections are there between Genoa and Olbia?
The Genoa-Olbia ferry route is active all year round and the service is operated by 3 ferry companies: Moby Lines, Grandi Navi Veloci (GNV) and Tirrenia.
During the low season, the connection from the port of Genoa to that of Olbia is served 3 times a week with night crossings, while from May to October the ferries depart every evening. In the summer the ferries also travel during the day, and during the high season, there are up to 6 sailings per week, including weekends.
What is the ferry ticket price for the Genoa - Olbia ferry trip?
The price for a standard one-way ticket starts from approximately 30 €, but the rate usually changes during the high season or in case you want to travel with your own vehicle (car, motorbike or camper).
On Ferryhopper you can find all available types of ferry tickets and their prices to book the option that's right for you.
What is the distance between Genoa and Olbia?
The port of Genoa is about 405 km (219 nautical miles) from the port of Olbia.
What is the duration of the ferry trip from Genoa to Olbia?
The duration of the ferry journey from the port of Genoa to that of Olbia is about 10 hours during the daytime crossings and from 10 to 12 hours during the night ones.
Given the long duration, you have the option of booking a bed cabin in order to make the trip more comfortable. You can also simply book a deck-type ticket and rest in the common areas or in the armchairs on the ferry.
Where to book ferry tickets from Genoa to Olbia?
Being one of the most popular Italian ferry routes, we suggest that you book ferry tickets, as early as possible especially if you travel in the summer. On Ferryhopper you can compare all prices, companies and itineraries to book ferry tickets online, in just a few clicks!
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Genoa to Olbia
- All companies offer reduced rates for groups of people such as children or locals. On Ferryhopper you will find all types of ferry tickets as well as discounts and offers.
- If you are a Sardinia resident, you are entitled to discounted rates.
- The port of Genoa can be very crowded in summer. It is suggested to get to the port 90 min before the departure, especially if you are traveling with your vehicle.
- The port of Genoa is very close to the city center, so it is very easy to reach it
- During the summer in Olbia the International Folklore Week is celebrated, an event not to be missed!