Traveling from Porto Torres to Genoa by ferry
The Porto Torres - Genoa ferry route is active all year round and connects the north-western coast of Sardinia to the north of the Italian peninsula. The port of Genoa is very important because it is selected by travelers from northern Italy and neighboring countries. The price for a standard one-way ticket can start from around 50 euros, but the fare changes during the high season or if you want to travel with your own vehicle (car, motorbike or camper).
Ferry schedules from Porto Torres to Genoa*
How many connections are there between Porto Torres and Genoa
The Porto Torres - Genoa ferry connection is served by Grandi Navi Veloci (GND) and Tirrenia companies, with crossings of up to 13 times a week. Tirrenia offers the service all year round while GNV does not provide it during the winter.
- Tirrenia's ferries operate only in the evening, at 20.30, while in August a daytime crossing is also added every weekend, at 08.30.
- The Grandi Navi Veloci (GNV) company makes the connection from the end of May to the end of September, with 4 weekly nighttime crossings departing at 20.30. There is an additional morning crossing in August, around 10.00.
What is the distance between Porto Torres to Genoa
The ferry route from Porto Torres to Genoa is approximately 396 km long (214 nautical miles) and connects north-western Sardinia with mainland Italy.
What is the duration of the ferry trip from Porto Torres to Genoa
The duration of the Porto Torres-Genoa crossing ranges from 10 to 11 hours and the arrival in Genoa is scheduled for 08.30 the following morning.
Different types of seats are available on ferries (deck passage, armchair or cabin) according to your needs. On occassion, there are cabins with pet facilities or suites with exclusive services and comforts. Moreover, somme vessels also have restaurants, bars, a cinema and an area equipped for children aiming to make the ferry trip more pleasant to passengers.
Where to book ferry tickets from Porto Torres to Genoa?
The Porto Torres - Genoa ferry route is very popular as you can reach northern Italy from the Gulf of Asinara, therefore we recommend that you visit Ferryhopper and book your ferry tickets in advance in order to take advantage of the best offers.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Porto Torres to Genoa
- All companies offer reduced rates for groups of people such as children or locals. On Ferryhopper you will find all types of ferry tickets as well as discounts and offers.
- If you are a Sardinia resident, you are entitled to discounted rates.
- The port of Porto Torres can be very crowded in summer. It is suggested to get to the port 90 min before the departure, especially if you are traveling with your vehicle.
- The port of Genoa is very close to the city center, so it is very easy to reach it
- The port of Porto Torres also offers connections with ports in France and Spain. You can find all the ferry connections available from the ports of Sardinia to Italy, France and Spain on Ferryhopper!
- For further information about your ferry trip or ferry tickets, you can contact the Ferryhopper customer support!