Ferry from Olbia (Sardinia) to Genoa
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Olbia to Genoa?
Yes, you can directly travel from Olbia to Genoa, as there are seasonal ferry connections, operated by Moby Lines, Tirrenia and GNV. The route is active daily from mid-May to mid-October.
What’s the ferry schedule from Olbia to Genoa
The Olbia - Genoa route is seasonal and is available with around 2-4 daily ferry connections.
The earliest ferry from the port of Olbia departs at around 09:00 in the morning, arriving in Genoa at 20:30. The last ferry leaves Olbia just before midnight, reaching the port of Genoa at 11:00 the following morning.
Tip: keep in mind that timetables vary depending on the days of the week, so make sure to search for the Olbia - Genoa crossing that best suits your needs.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Olbia to Genoa?
The price of a ferry ticket to Genoa starts at around €27-€49, with prices increasing in the high season months. The final ticket cost may also vary depending on seat type and vehicle selection.
On Ferryhopper, you can discover the best available offers for the route you’re interested in. Find real-time information about all available ferry departures, compare prices and offers, and book cheap ferry tickets on Ferryhopper easily and quickly.
Toddlers can travel from Olbia to Genoa for free, though they are not entitled to onboard seating. There are also discount tickets for children and residents of Sardinia year-round.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Olbia to Genoa?
The Olbia - Genoa ferry crossing usually lasts around 10-12 hr, depending on the operator you’re traveling with.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Olbia to Genoa?
The connections from the port of Olbia to that of Genoa are also operated by high-speed ferries. The fastest ferry crossing lasts about 10 hr.
What’s the distance between Olbia and Genoa?
The distance between Olbia and Genoa is 219 nautical miles (about 400 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Genoa from Olbia
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Olbia to Genoa:
- In the high season, we recommend arriving early at the port of Olbia to avoid delays and overcrowding, especially if you’re bringing along your vehicle.
- As the Olbia - Genoa ferry crossing can be quite long, we suggest that you book a cabin for added comfort.
- Genoa is rather close to the famous Cinque Terre, consisting of 5 seaside villages. Take the opportunity to visit the beautiful villages of Monterosso, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore! For more tips, check out our Genoa travel guide.
- You can also reach Genoa from Porto Torres, a town located in the north of Sardinia. Take a look at the Porto Torres - Genoa ferry route here!
- Check out the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy as you plan your Olbia - Genoa ferry trip.
Where to take the ferry from Olbia to Genoa
Both conventional and high-speed ferries to Genoa leave from Olbia's Isola Bianca Maritime Station. Here, you can find bars, restaurants, a left-luggage office and shuttle services.
From the railway station of Olbia, you can easily reach the port by bus (line 9) or taxi. You can also get there from the airport of Olbia by bus (either line 2 or 10).
Can I travel on the Olbia to Genoa ferry with a car?
Yes, you can bring along your car on the ferries that operate on the Olbia - Genoa route.
Each ferry operator serving the Olbia - Genoa ferry trip has its own luggage policies:
- On the ferries of GNV, passengers can carry up to 2 pieces of luggage.
- With Moby Lines, there are no restrictions on luggage.
- If you travel with Tirrenia, you can have a single piece of luggage weighing up to 20 kg.
The ferries operating on the Olbia - Genoa route offer different types of cabins: internal, external (with windows), suites and cabins that are accessible to people with disabilities.
On the ferries to Genova, you can bring along your pet. Make sure to fill out the appropriate information as you book your tickets. You can either book a special cabin or bring your pet carrier. For more information regarding documents and pet travel, we suggest that you contact the ferry company you’re traveling with.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Olbia to Genoa
On Ferryhopper, you can book ferry tickets to Genoa from Olbia hassle-free! Find real-time information on all Olbia - Genoa sailings on our Map of ferries and book ferry tickets with ease.