Traveling from Livorno to Olbia by ferry
The Livorno - Olbia ferry route is very popular as it connects central Italy with Sardinia in a short time. The port of Olbia is the gateway to the wonderful Smeralda coast and is located in the north of the island, about 20 km away from the port of Golfo Aranci. The cost of the ferry ticket can start from 20 euros up to a maximum of 70. Prices also change during high season or if you want to travel with your own vehicle (car, motorbike or camper).
Ferry schedules from Livorno to Olbia*
How many connections are there between Livorno and Olbia?
The ferry companies that operate the ferry route from Livorno to Olbia are Grimaldi Lines and Moby lines. There are 2 nighttime trips per day and 5 morning time trips per week, with services running up to 14 times a week. The ferries that operate the route start at 8:00 in the morning until 23:00 in the evening.
What is the distance between Livorno and Olbia?
Navigation from the port of Livorno to that of Olbia covers a distance of approximately 305 km (165 nautical miles).
What is the duration of the ferry trip from Livorno to Olbia?
The ferry journey from the port of Livorno to that of Olbia lasts from 6 hours and 30 minutes to 8 hours, depending on the ferry company. Although the journey is short, you can possibly book a lounge seat or a bed cabin. Some vessels have cabins with pet facilities or even suites with exclusive services.
Where to book ferry tickets from Livorno to Olbia?
Given that the Livorno - Olbia ferry route is popular, we suggest that you book ferry tickets in advance, especially if you travel in the summer. On Ferryhopper you can find more information on prices, itineraries and available discounts!
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Livorno to Olbia
- All companies offer reduced rates for groups of people such as children or locals. On Ferryhopper you will find all types of ferry tickets as well as discounts and offers.
- If you are a Sardinia resident, you are entitled to discounted rates.
- The port of Livorno can be very crowded in summer. It is suggested to get to the port 90 min before the departure, especially if you are traveling with your vehicle.
- From the port of Livorno there are also departures by ferry to Corsica.
- During the summer in Olbia the International Folklore Week is celebrated , an event not to be missed!
- For further information about your ferry trip or ferry tickets, you can contact Ferryhopper!