Traveling from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Ios by ferry
There are around 8 weekly ferry crossings from Piraeus to Ios all year long, with ticket cost starting from 20€. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Ios*
Is there a ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Ios?
Usually, there are 7-8 weekly ferries by 4 companies throughout the whole year. The crossing is served by both conventional and high-speed vessels while itineraries depend on the season and the weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry companies that mainly operate on this route are Blue Star Ferries, Zante Ferries, Seajets, and Golden Star Ferries.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Ios?
The ferry crossing lasts from 5 hours to 9 hours depending on the vessel type and its itinerary.
How much is the ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Ios?
The cost of a one-way ticket starts from 20€ and can be up to 130€. The average price for a foot passenger is 35€ for conventional ferries and 55€ for high-speed ferries, while prices can alter according to reductions, offers, seat type, or cabin selection.
What's the ferry schedule from Athens (Piraeus) to Ios?
In the summer months, there are 2 or 3 ferry crossings per day from Piraeus to Ios, and in the winter there are at least 7-8 sailings per week. The earliest departure to Ios is around 07.00 and the latest ferry departs from Piraeus around 17.30 in the afternoon.
What's the distance between Athens (Piraeus) and Ios?
The distance between the port of Piraeus in Athens and the port of Ios is 108 nautical miles (i.e. 200 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Athens (Piraeus) to Ios?
Yes, traveling across Greek destinations is currently allowed. For updated information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece please visit our relevant FAQ pages.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Ios?
On Ferryhopper you can find real-time ferry information for the crossing Piraeus - Ios and book ferry tickets online with no hidden costs.
Fishing boats at the port of Ios during sunset.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens (Piraeus) to Ios
- If you are traveling with your vehicle from Piraeus to Ios make sure to be at the port 1 hour in advance of your departure.
- For the best navigation in the port of Piraeus check the relevant Ferryhopper page, which includes an updated port map.
- If you are unsure of your departure gate or you have any questions about your ferry you can ask the port authority staff for information.
- Ios is a popular holiday destination so we recommend that you book your ferry tickets, vehicle tickets, and accommodation well in advance.
- For extra tips on what to do in Ios, please visit our dedicated destination page.
- On our Map of ferries, you can find the best island hopping options from Ios.