Traveling from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Ios by ferry
Ios is a beautiful island which is located in the center of the Cycladian complex. Travelers of all ages visit choose Ios for their summer holidays, since it combines the traditional greek beauties with the vivid nightlife. You can travel by ferry from Athens to Ios easily from two ports of Athens -Piraeus and Rafina- and Ferryhopper will help you to do so. Check our updated search engine and find all the information about the ferry route Athens - Ios and plan your vacation in Cyclades!
Ferry schedules from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Ios*
How frequent is the ferry connection between Athens and Ios?
Ios is a very popular destination and there are over 30 weekly sailings from the port of Piraeus and 10 weekly sailings from the port of Rafina. The ferry companies that usually operate these crossings are Blue Star Ferries, Zante Ferries, SeaJets and Golden Star Ferries.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens to Ios?
The duration of the ferry journey from the port of Piraeus to Ios ranges from 4 to 8 hrs, depending on the operating company. On the other hand, the ferry journey from Rafina to Ios lasts around 4 hrs to 5 hr 30 min.
What is the distance between Athens and Ios
The distance between the ports of mainland and the island of Ios is approximately 100 nautical miles (190 km).
Ferry tickets from Athens to Ios: Cost
The price of the ferry tickets for the ferry route Piraeus - Ios starts from 30 euros for single footing passengers and for the ferry route Rafina - Ios 45 euros. Keep in mind that there is the option of vehicle transportation for both ferry routes.
How can I book my ferry tickets from Athens to Ios?
You can easily plan your ferry trip and book ferry tickets with Ferryhopper. Check our updated platform to find all the information about the ferry schedules and organize your ideal vacation!
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens to Ios
- The port of Piraeus is the largest in Greece and can be quite busy during the summer months. We highly recommend to get to the port at least 90 min before boarding, especially if you are traveling with your vehicle.
- In order to find the respective terminal gate you can ask the port authority staff for information.
- The ferry route Rafina - Ios is operated only during the summer months.
- Ios is pretty close to other beautiful islands of Cyclades like Paros, Naxos, Santorini and Amorgos. Check the Ferryhopper map of ferries and plan an unforgettable island hopping around the greek islands!
- During the summer months and finding accommodation in Ios can be tough. For that reason, we advise you to find your preferred place to stay and book it in advance.
- Be sure to regularly check the Ferryhopper pages for special discounts of the ferry companies.
- For further information about your ferry trip or ferry tickets, you can contact the Ferryhopper customer services!