Traveling from Mykonos to Ios by ferry
There are up to 4 daily ferry crossings from Mykonos to Ios during the summer and tickets cost from €51. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Mykonos to Ios*
Ιs there a ferry from Mykonos to Ios?
This is a popular intra-Cycladic ferry connection and it is operated mainly during the summer with up to 4 crossings per day. The ferry companies that usually operate this connection are Seajets and Golden Star Ferries. However, this can change depending on the season and the weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Mykonos to Ios?
The ferry journey from Mykonos to Ios can last from 1 hour to 2 hours 15 minutes depending on the ferry company and the vessel.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Mykonos to Ios?
Yes, there are ferry companies that run the route Mykonos - Ios with fast ferries, mainly during the summer. The shortest duration of the trip with the high-speed ferry to Ios is almost 1 hour.
How much is the ferry from Mykonos to Ios?
The cost of a standard ferry ticket for the crossing Mykonos - Ios starts at €51 per passenger. Keep in mind that the fare gets higher or lower according to reductions, offers, seat type, garage space and ferry company.
What's the ferry schedule from Mykonos to Ios?
The ferry connection between Mykonos and Ios is served mainly during the high season (May-September) with many crossings. There are 3-4 daily departures to Ios, usually in the morning, with the earliest one being at 08:45. The last scheduled departure is at around 10:00 and the ferry arrives at Ios at 11:00.
What's the distance between Mykonos and Ios?
The distance between Mykonos and Ios in a straight line is roughly 45 nautical miles (83km).
Am I allowed to travel from Mykonos to Ios?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Mykonos to Ios?
Ferryhopper has all updated information on the ferry route from Mykonos to Ios. On our fare search engine, you will find every detail regarding the trip to Ios in order to book online ferry tickets in just 4 clicks!
Traditional white church in Ios, next to the palm trees
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Mykonos to Ios?
- Mykonos is one of the most popular Greek islands and in the summer it can be quite busy. We suggest that you get to the port at least 1 hour before your ferry’s departure in order to avoid big crowds.
- Some vessels that run the crossing from Mykonos to Ios have garage spaces to transport your vehicle. The vehicle ticket prices vary depending on each ferry company. Be sure to check with your customer support for availability
- You can find more information and tips about holidays in Ios on our respective page.
- Find more information about COVID-19 ferry safety measures and learn how to stay safe during your trip to Ios.
- Both islands are ideal for island hopping in the Cyclades like Syros, Santorini or Milos, as there are many ferry routes during the summer. On our Map of Ferries, you can find all ferry routes from Ios and Mykonos to easily plan your Greek vacation.
Where to take the ferry from Mykonos to Ios?
Mykonos has 2 ports: the new one in Tourlos and the old one. The new port is the one that serves the ferry connection between Mykonos and other Greek destinations. The port (Troulos) is located only 2.5km from Chora, 4km from Mykonos airport and is easily accessible by local buses or taxis.
Ferry companies in Greece are usually quite flexible when it comes to luggage size and weight. You can keep your luggage next to you or store your bags and suitcases in the designated luggage area on the ferry to Ios.
Good to know: bear in mind that there is no check-in procedure for luggage items.
Tip: each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. We recommend that you don’t carry more than 50 kg of luggage to avoid delays due to restricted space in the luggage area.
The trip to Ios isn’t very long, and many high-speed ferries don’t have cabins. For extra comfort during the journey, you can book a seat.