Ferry from Mykonos to Ios
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Ιs there a ferry from Mykonos to Ios?
This is a popular intra-Cycladic ferry connection and it is operated mainly during the summer with up to 4 crossings per day. The ferry companies that usually operate this connection are Seajets and Golden Star Ferries.
Am I allowed to travel from Mykonos to Ios?
Yes, you can travel from Mykonos to Ios by ferry at the moment. However, travel guidelines may change. So, make sure to check the latest updates on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece before your trip.
What's the ferry schedule from Mykonos to Ios?
The ferry connection between Mykonos and Ios is operated mainly during the high season (May-September) with many crossings.
There are usually 3-4 daily departures to Ios. The earliest ferry departs from the port of Mykonos at 09:50 while the last scheduled departure is at around 12:30, arriving at Ios at 13:20.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Mykonos to Ios?
The ferry ticket price for the crossing from Mykonos to Ios starts at €50. The ticket cost can be higher or lower depending on discounts, offers, seat and vessel type, destination port, as well as vehicle selection.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Ios from Mykonos. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest prices, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at no extra cost.
Traveling from Mykonos to Ios by ferry is easy, comfortable, and you can take advantage of lower-cost ferry tickets thanks to the available discounts. The ferry companies offer discounts of up to 50% to the following passenger categories:
- Children from 5 to 10 years old
- Permanent residents of islands (holders of Unique Islander Number)
- Students of Greek Public Universities
- People with disabilities and their accompanying persons
Note: infants and children up to 3 years travel for free. However, keep in mind that available discounts may vary depending on the company you’re traveling with.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Mykonos to Ios?
The ferry trip from Mykonos to Ios can last from 1 hr to 2 hr 15 min, depending on the ferry company and the vessel.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Mykonos to Ios?
Yes, there are ferry companies that run the route Mykonos - Ios with fast ferries, mainly during the summer. The shortest duration of the trip with the high-speed ferry to Ios is almost 1 hr.
What's the distance between Mykonos and Ios?
The distance between Mykonos and Ios in a straight line is roughly 45 nautical miles (83km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Mykonos to Ios?
Here are some useful tips for your ferry trip to Ios from Mykonos:
- Mykonos is one of the most popular Greek islands and in the summer it can be quite busy. We suggest that you get to the port at least 1 hr before your ferry’s departure in order to avoid big crowds.
- Some vessels that run the crossing from Mykonos to Ios have car decks to transport your vehicle. The vehicle ticket prices vary depending on each ferry company.
- You can find more information and tips about holidays in Ios on our respective page.
- Both islands are ideal for island hopping in the Cyclades like Syros, Santorini or Milos, as there are many ferry routes during the summer. On our Map of Ferries, you can find all ferry routes from Ios and Mykonos to easily plan your Greek vacation.
Where to take the ferry from Mykonos to Ios?
Mykonos has 2 ports: the new one in Tourlos and the old one. The new port is the one that serves the ferry connection between Mykonos and other Greek destinations. The port (Tourlos) is located only 2.5km from Chora, 4km from Mykonos airport and is easily accessible by local buses or taxis.
Each company operating the ferry route to Ios from Mykonos has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- On Seajets ferries, passengers can bring single luggage weighing up to 50kg.
- On Golden Star Ferries, there is no weight limit for luggage, but it needs to be placed in the specified luggage trunks.
The trip to Ios from the port of Mykonos isn’t very long, and many high-speed ferries don’t have cabins. For extra comfort during the journey, you can book a seat.
You can travel with your pet on the ferry to Ios from Mykonos, depending on the company and type of vessel you’ve chosen. Make sure to carry along the necessary certificates, tickets and any pet supplies you may need for your trip.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Mykonos to Ios
On Ferryhopper, you can compare all available ferry schedules, ticket prices, and ferry companies on the ferry route from Mykonos to Ios and book cheap ferry tickets online.