Ferry from Trapani to Favignana
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Trapani to Favignana?
Yes, you can take a ferry from the port Trapani to the island Favignana all year round. The route is normally operated by 3 ferry companies: Liberty Lines, Siremar and Torre Lines.
In the winter months, there are about 15 daily crossings from Trapani to Favignana, but the number of crossings increases during the summer months.
What’s the ferry schedule from Trapani to Favignana?
The first ferry usually departs from Trapani a bit before 07:00 and arrives in Favignana around 07:30. The last departure from Trapani is at 21:00, with the ferry arriving in Favignana at 21:40.
Bear in mind that ferry timetables are subject to change depending on the season. You can check real-time ferry schedules and ticket prices on Ferryhopper.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Trapani to Favignana?
The cost of a single ferry ticket ranges between €11 and €16. The final ticket price depends on discounts, offers, seat type, and vehicle selection.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Favignana from Trapani. Find real-time information about the ferry route, compare fares and offers, and book your ferry tickets at the best prices.
Note that current offers are automatically applied when booking your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper and the Ferryhopper App.
On Ferryhopper, you can take advantage of available discounts and travel with lower-cost ferry tickets from Trapani to Favignana. The ferry companies offer discounts to the following passenger categories:
- Children (up to 11 years, depending on the company)
- Permanent residents of the Aegadian Islands (Egadi Islands)
Note that children and toddlers up to 3-4 years old travel free of charge.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Trapani to Favignana?
The Trapani - Favignana ferry duration ranges from 30 min to 1 hr 20 min, depending on the ferry operator and the crossing.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Trapani to Favignana?
Yes, you can also travel by fast hydrofoils from Trapani to Favignana. The fastest crossing to Favignana takes about 30 min.
What’s the distance between Trapani and Favignana?
The distance between Trapani and Favignana is 9 nautical miles (about 16 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Favignana from Trapani
Here are some useful travel tips for your trip from Trapani to Favignana:
- We recommend that you arrive at the port of Trapani at least 1 hr in advance to avoid any delays.
- Read our Favignana travel guide for holiday tips and useful information about the island.
- If you don't have many days available, you can always organize a day trip from Trapani to Favignana.
- Ferries to the Egadi Islands also depart from the port of Marsala, the westernmost point of Sicily. Take a look at the direct Marsala - Favigana ferry route!
- If you want to continue your tour of the Egadi Islands, you can also hop on the ferry to Marettimo from Favignana and reach the nearby island in just 35 min, or take the ferry from Favignana to Levanzo.
Where to take the ferry from Trapani to Favignana?
Hydrofoils from Trapani to Favignana depart from the pier in Via Ammiraglio Staiti, while ferries depart from the pier in Viale Regina Elena. The port area of Trapani is very close to its historic centre, and from the port there is direct access to the heart of the city.
The port is about 1 km away from the train station and 18 km away from the closest airport.
Can I travel on the ferry from Trapani to Favignana with a car?
It is possible to board your car on some ferries to Favignana, but not on hydrofoils.
Keep in mind that from June to September, the circulation of motor vehicles is not allowed except for the ones belonging to permanent residents of the island. Find out all about vehicle transportation regulations in Italy and organize your trip in the best possible way!
Each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy:
- On Liberty Lines ferries, you can carry 1 piece of luggage with a maximum size of 60x40x20 cm and a maximum weight of 10 kg. Children paying half-price fares are entitled to half the allowance, which is 5 kg.
- On Siremar ferries, passengers can carry 1 piece of luggage up to 20 kg.
- On Torre Lines ferries, you can bring 1 piece of luggage weighing up to 10 kg free of charge. Children paying the reduced fare (5-12 years) are entitled to half the allowance, which is 5 kg.
Hydrofoils and ferries from Trapani to Favignana do not have cabins. However, onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
You can travel with your pet on the ferry from Trapani to Favignana, as long as you include it in the booking and pay a small fee.
Smaller animals must be kept in special carriers, while medium- or large-sized animals must wear a muzzle and a leash.
Tip: on Siremar ferries, there are also areas specially reserved for passengers with pets and on-board kennels.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Trapani to Favignana
You can easily book your ferry tickets to Favignana from Trapani on Ferryhopper. Find all available ferry connections to the Egadi Islands on our Map of ferries, compare prices and timetables, and book your ferry to Favignana in no time!