Ferry from Thessaloniki to Lemnos
Tickets & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Thessaloniki to Lemnos?
For the time being, there is 1 weekly ferry route that connects Thessaloniki to the island of Lemnos in the North Aegean. The ferry company that currently operates this crossing is Blue Star Ferries.
Please note that the ferry connection between Thessaloniki and Lemnos is served seasonally and schedules may be changed or canceled. For this reason, always check our fare search engine to find up to date data for ferries and itineraries.
How long is the ferry ride from Thessaloniki to Lemnos?
The ferry duration from the city of Thessaloniki to the port of Myrina in Lemnos is approximately 7 hours and 15 minutes.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Thessaloniki to Lemnos?
No, unfortunately, the crossing Thessaloniki - Lemnos is not served by fast ferries.
How much is the ferry from Thessaloniki to Lemnos?
The ferry ticket cost for the route Thessaloniki to Lemnos starts at €23 for a single passenger. The ticket price can be higher or lower depending on discounts, offers, seat type, cabin selection and vehicle transportation.
What's the ferry schedule from Thessaloniki to Lemnos?
In 2021, for the periods from March 1st to June 6th and from September 6th to December 31th, you can find 1 weekly ferry itinerary from Thessaloniki to Lemnos, every Saturday. The ferry departs at 21:00 and reaches the port of Myrina around 04:15.
What's the distance between Thessaloniki and Lemnos?
The distance between the ports of Thessaloniki and Lemnos is around 138 nautical miles (255km).
Am I allowed to travel from Thessaloniki to Lemnos?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Thessaloniki to Lemnos?
Find on Ferryhopper all new and updated ferry itineraries for the Greek islands. Check schedules, prices and book ferry tickets online for the route Thessaloniki - Lemnos, with no hidden fees!
A rocky beach of wild beauty in Lemnos
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Thessaloniki to Lemnos
- We recommend that you arrive at the port of Thessaloniki at least 1.5 hours before departure, especially if you’re traveling with a car to Lemnos.
- The port of Thessaloniki is located near the city center and reaching it in peak hours can take some time. If you go by car, you are advised to take into account the traffic jam that you may face.
- The route Thessaloniki - Lemnos is a perfect way to transport your vehicle from Northern Greece to the Greek islands and explore every corner of them. Indicatively, vehicle tickets can be around €12.5 for a motorbike and around €62 for a car.
- You can find more information and details regarding holidays in Lemnos on our relevant page.
- Lemnos is well-connected with other islands of the North Aegean like Lesbos or Chios. On our Map of Ferries, you can find all ferry connections and travel combinations from Lemnos.
Where to take the ferry from Thessaloniki to Lemnos?
You can take the ferry to Lemnos from the port of Thessaloniki near the city center. The port is located approximately 16km from Thessaloniki International Airport “Makedonia” and 1km from the railway station. Getting to the port of Thessaloniki is very easy as there are frequent bus services and taxis. For those who want to reach the port by car, there is the port parking space 500m from the port gate.
Ferry companies in Greece are usually quite flexible when it comes to luggage size and weight. You can keep your luggage next to you or store your bags and suitcases in the designated luggage area on the ferry to Lemnos.
Good to know: bear in mind that there is no check-in procedure for luggage items.
Tip: each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. We recommend that you don’t carry more than 50 kg of luggage to avoid delays due to restricted space in the luggage area.
The vessel Blue Star Chios has cabins with beds that provide a comfortable journey. Due to the overnight trip and the long ferry ride, we suggest that you book a cabin to have more privacy and sleep well.