Ferry from Salina to Filicudi
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Salina to Filicudi?
There are usually 2-3 daily crossings from Salina to Filicudi all year round, depending on the season. The Salina - Filicudi connection is operated by Liberty Lines and Siremar ferries.
However, keep in mind that depending on the period, up to 4 daily crossings are available from the 2 ports of Salina (Santa Marina and Rinella). Therefore, make sure to check the ferry schedules and your travel time before your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Salina to Filicudi?
The earliest ferry departs from the port of Santa Marina in Salina at 08:40 and arrives at the port of Filicudi just before 09:30. The latest departure from Salina to Filicudi is usually at 15:10, with the ferry arriving around 15:50.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Salina to Filicudi?
The Salina to Filicudi ferry price ranges from €10 to €13. The ticket cost depends on the company and the season.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Filicudi from Salina. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest ferry prices and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper online.
Toddlers up to 3 years old travel from Salina to Filicudi for free. There are also discount tickets for children up to 14 years old and residents of the Aeolian Islands.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Salina to Filicudi?
The ferry time to Filicudi takes between 30 min and 1 hr 30 min. However, the trip duration depends on the vessel (ferry or hydrofoil).
Is there a high-speed ferry from Salina to Filicudi?
The connection from Salina to Filicudi is also operated by fast hydrofoils. The fastest ferry takes around 30 min to reach the Filicudi port.
What's the distance between Salina and Filicudi?
The distance between Salina and Filicudi is 12 nautical miles (around 22 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Filicudi from Salina
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Salina to Filicudi:
- When booking your ferry tickets from Salina to Filicudi, be careful to select the exact departure port (Santa Marina or Rinella).
- Go on an island hopping adventure in the Aeolian Islands! Take advantage of the internal ferry connections from Filicudi and choose which Aeolian island to visit.
- Very close to the coast of Filicudi are the uninhabited islet of Montenassari and the famous La Canna islet. Go on a boat trip along the coast of the island to visit these 2 natural wonders!
- The Aeolian Islands are usually a bit more pricey in the high season. To save money, we suggest that you book your tickets and find accommodation in Filicudi well in advance.
- We recommend booking your return to Salina in advance as tickets sell out fast.
- In a few cases, the schedules of ferries that depart from the ports of Salina may change. Make sure to confirm your ferry’s departure time. You can also track your ferry in real time on the Ferryhopper App!
Where do I take the ferry to travel from Salina to Filicudi?
Ferries and hydrofoils to Filicudi depart from both the port of Santa Marina and that of Rinella. The port of Santa Marina is located in the eastern part of the island and is also the main port of Salina while the port in Rinella is small and located in the south.
Near both ports, there are bars, restaurants, shops, car rental services, and taxi services.
Can I travel on the ferry from Salina to Filicudi with a car?
Yes, it is possible to embark motor vehicles on the conventional ferries that operate the Salina - Filicudi connection, but not on the hydrofoils.
However, keep in mind that, from July to September, motor vehicles of non-residents are not allowed to circulate in Filicudi.
Each company operating the ferry route from Salina to Filicudi has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- On Siremar ferries, each passenger is entitled to have 1 piece of baggage with a maximum weight of 20 kg.
- On Liberty Lines hydrofoils, you can carry up to 10 kg of hand luggage with dimensions of 60x40x20 cm.
Given the short duration of the trip, there are no cabins on the hydrofoils and ferries from Salina to Filicudi. Instead, onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
You can travel with your pet on Salina - Filicudi ferries and hydrofoils, as long as you fill out the appropriate information as you book your tickets.
A carrier or cage is required for small pets, while large-sized pets must wear a muzzle and a leash. On Siremar ferries there are also special areas on board reserved for passengers with dogs or other pets.
Book ferry tickets from Salina to Filicudi
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Salina to Filicudi online on Ferryhopper. On our Map of ferries, you can see all the available ferry connections, compare ferry companies and fares, and book your ferry trip to Filicudi easily and quickly.