Ferry from Palermo to Filicudi
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Palermo to Filicudi?
Yes, you can travel from Palermo to Filicudi by hydrofoil. The ferry route is available from mid-June to early September with 1 daily crossing, operated by Liberty Lines.
Am I allowed to travel from Palermo to Filicudi?
Yes, traveling from Palermo to Filicudi is possible. As you start planning your holidays, we suggest you take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy, including all the documents required for your ferry trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Palermo to Filicudi
The hydrofoil from Palermo to the port of Filicudi usually departs at 13:50 and arrives at 16:20. The same hydrofoil goes around the archipelago, stopping at nearby ports.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Palermo to Filicudi?
The price of the ferry tickets for the Palermo - Filicudi route is around €44. The cost per passenger is fixed even in high season.
Tip: as tickets sell out quickly, we recommend planning your trip early in advance.
On Ferryhopper, you can discover the best available offers for the crossing you’re interested in. Find real-time information about our ferry routes, compare prices and offers, and book cheap ferry tickets on Ferryhopper without hidden fees.
Toddlers can travel from Palermo to Filicudi for free but are not entitled to onboard seating. There are also discount tickets for children and residents of the Aeolian Islands.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Palermo to Filicudi?
The Palermo - Filicudi ferry crossing usually lasts 2 hr 30 min.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Palermo to Filicudi?
The connection from the port of Palermo to that of Filicudi is operated only by fast hydrofoils that take less than 3 hr to reach the island.
What’s the distance between Palermo and Filicudi?
The distance between Palermo and Filicudi is 62 nautical miles (about 115km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Filicudi from Palermo
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Palermo to Filicudi:
- In high season, we recommend arriving early at the port of Palermo to avoid delays and overcrowding. The same applies to trips on weekends.
- The Aeolian Islands are usually a bit more pricey in high season. To save money, we suggest that you book your tickets and find accommodation in Filicudi well in advance.
- You can travel to the island of Filicudi even in winter, as there are departures from the town of Milazzo. Its port is located right across the Aeolian archipelago!
- Once you get to Filicudi, you can explore the rest of the Aeolian Islands, as the ferry trips from one island to another are relatively short. You can easily reach the islands of Alicudi, Salina and Panarea!
- Close to the coast of Filicudi, you can find the uninhabited islet of Montenassari and the famous stacks of La Canna. By joining a boat tour around the island of Filicudi, you can visit these two natural wonders!
Where to take the ferry from Palermo to Filicudi
Hydrofoils to Filicudi from Palermo depart from Molo Santa Lucia. The port of Palermo offers plenty of services, such as parking lots, shuttle buses, restaurants, shops and a left-luggage office.
Can I travel on the Palermo to Filicudi ferry with a car?
No, you cannot bring along your vehicle on the hydrofoils that serve the Palermo - Filicudi route. You can board resealable bicycles, however.
Tip: you can leave your vehicle at a parking lot close to the port before departing for Filicudi.
With Liberty Lines, passengers can carry up to 10kg of hand luggage with maximum dimensions of 60x40x20cm. Young travelers who are entitled to discount tickets can carry up to 5kg of luggage.
On the Palermo - Filicudi hydrofoils, there are no cabins available. Instead, onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
On the hydrofoils of Liberty Lines, you can bring along your pet. Make sure to fill out the appropriate information as you book your tickets. A carrier or cage is required for small pets, while larger ones must have a muzzle and a leash on.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Palermo to Filicudi
On Ferryhopper, you can find detailed info about the ferries from Palermo to Filicudi. Find all the information you need about the Palermo - Filicudi ferries on our Map of ferries, discover neighboring destinations and book ferry tickets with just a few clicks!