Ferry from Salerno to Cetara
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Salerno to Cetara?
Yes, you can travel from Salerno to Cetara by ferry. There are usually up to 7 crossings a day.
The connection is served by the ferry companies Travelmar (from April to early December) and Grassi Junior (year-round).
What’s the ferry schedule from Salerno to Cetara?
The earliest ferry departs from the port of Salerno at 09:00 and arrives in Cetara at 09:15. The last ferry to Cetara usually leaves from Salerno at 18:00.
Tip: bear in mind that ferry timetables may change. Therefore, make sure to check your travel time before your trip.
Useful info: usually, during the high-season, a night ferry is also introduced, departing from Salerno at 20:30 and making stops in the towns of Cetara, Minori, Amalfi, and Positano. It then returns to Salerno at 23:50, with departure from Cetara at 23:40.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Salerno to Cetara?
The price of a one-way ferry ticket from Salerno to Cetara is €6.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Cetara from Salerno. Current offers will be automatically applied when booking your ferry tickets.
Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest prices and best offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper with no hidden fees.
For your Salerno - Cetara trip, you can book discount tickets on Ferryhopper for:
- Children up to 10 years old
- Residents of the Municipalities of the Amalfi Coast
Note: infants and toddlers up to 2-3 years old travel for free without seat assignment.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Salerno to Cetara?
The Salerno - Cetara ferry crossing takes 10-20 min.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Salerno to Cetara?
The connection from Salerno to Cetara is operated only by fast ferries.
What's the distance between Salerno and Cetara?
The distance between Salerno and Cetara is around 3.5 nautical miles (approximately 7 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Cetara from Salerno
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Salerno to Cetara:
- In the months of July and August, and during the weekends, it is best to arrive at the port of Salerno well in advance to avoid traffic.
- Keep in mind that in case of very rough seas, crossings may be suspended. Therefore, we recommend that you always follow the latest announcements of the company you travel with.
- Are you still not sure if you should take the ferry or the car to the villages of the Amalfi Coast? Check out our article to find the answer!
- Cetara is famous for its tuna and anchovies, so we suggest you go to a small restaurant at the port and try the local delicacies.
- Cetara is one of the most beautiful villages on the Amalfi Coast and also a great option for a day trip.
Where to take the ferry from Salerno to Cetara
Normally, ferries to Cetara depart from Molo Masuccio in the port of Salerno, near Piazza della Concordia.
The city railway station is just a 3-min walk from the pier. In the area you will find various bars, pastry shops, pizzerias, and hotels.
Can I travel on the ferry from Salerno to Cetara with a car?
No, you can’t transfer your vehicle on ferries that operate the Salerno - Cetara connection, as they don’t have car decks.
Therefore, if you travel with a car, you will have to leave your vehicle in the guarded paid parking lots outside the port area of Salerno.
Each ferry company traveling from Salerno to Cetara has its own baggage allowance policy. More specifically:
- On Travelmar ferries, each passenger can carry up to 1 piece of luggage with a maximum size of 45x35x20 cm. For any extra luggage, an additional cost is applied.
- On Grassi Junior ferries you can bring your luggage on board by paying an additional fee of €2.
Due to the short duration of the trip, Salerno - Cetara ferries do not have cabins.
Pets are welcome on all ferries from Salerno to Cetara. You can travel with your pet as long as you include it in the booking and pay a €5 fee.
For more information on the documents and conditions required to travel with your pet, we recommend contacting the company you travel with.
Book ferry tickets from Salerno to Cetara online
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Salerno to Cetara online on Ferryhopper. Use our Map of ferries to visualize and plan your Salerno - Cetara ferry trip, compare schedules and fares, and plan your adventure to the Amalfi Coast with ease!