Traveling from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Leipsoi by ferry
The ferry route Athens (Piraeus) - Leipsoi normally takes 8-9 hours and costs start at 20€. Check our summary with the latest data for ferries.
Ferry schedules from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Leipsoi*
Is there a ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Leipsoi?
There are 2-3 ferry services during the week to Leipsoi. Most ferries depart in the afternoon, while others also depart in the evening. However, this can change depending on the season and weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry company that usually operates this route is Blue Star Ferries.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Leipsoi?
The ferry trip from the port of Piraeus to that of Leipsoi takes 8-9 hours. For this reason, we suggest booking a cabin or airline seat if you want to travel more comfortably.
How much is the ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Leipsoi?
Ferry tickets from Piraeus to Leipsoi start from 20€. However, the total cost can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers, and seat or cabin type.
What’s the ferry schedule from Athens (Piraeus) to Leipsoi?
There are around 3 weekly ferry crossings from Piraeus to Leipsoi. The ferries usually depart at noon and arrive in Leipsoi around midnight.
What’s the distance between Athens (Piraeus) and Leipsoi?
The distance between Piraeus and Lipsi translates to 154 nautical miles (285 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Athens (Piraeus) to Leipsoi?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Find amazing traditional places in Leipsoi.
How can I book ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Leipsoi?
On Ferryhopper you will find all ferry services from Piraeus to Leipsoi easily and quickly. Compare prices and times and book online ferry tickets in just 4 clicks.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens (Piraeus) to Leipsoi
- The port of Piraeus is usually full of travelers during the whole summer season and many ferries can arrive or depart at the same time. We suggest you be at the port at least 1 hour earlier, while you can ask the port authorities for information about your ferry.
- If you go to the port of Piraeus by means of transport, don’t forget that you will need some time to reach the departure gate. For example, the gate for ferries to Leipsoi is E1, which is about a 25-minute walk from the metro / suburban station. You can also take the free bus to the port of Piraeus, which runs all day to the departure gates.
- Due to the long journey, most of the vessels have cabins, air seats and garages for transporting vehicles.
- Leipsoi is located in the northern part of the Dodecanese and is connected to Kalymnos, Patmos or Leros. You can check the Ferryhopper map to organize island-hopping in a few steps.
- For any additional information regarding the trip from Piraeus to Leipsoi, you can contact the Ferryhopper customer service team!