Ferry from Palma (Mallorca) to Valencia
Tickets, Prices, Times & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Palma to Valencia?
There are at least 2 daily ferry crossings from the port of Palma de Mallorca to Valencia. The ferry companies that usually operate on this route are Baleària, Trasmediterránea and Grandi Navi Veloci (GNV).
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change depending on the season. Find real-time schedules and book ferry tickets for the Palma - Valencia route on Ferryhopper.
Am I allowed to travel from Palma to Valencia?
Yes, traveling from Palma to Valencia by ferry is possible. Take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Spain and get ready for your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Palma to Valencia
There are approximately 20 weekly ferry connections from Palma to the port of Valencia, with ferry frequency increasing in the summer.
The earliest ferry usually departs at 10:30 and arrives in Valencia at around 19:30. The latest ferry departure from Palma is scheduled for 23:45, with the ferry arriving in Valencia the following day, at 07:30 in the morning.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Palma to Valencia?
Ferry prices from Palma to Valencia start at around €40-70. The final ticket cost may vary depending on discounts, seat type and vehicle selection.
Find the best available offers for the ferry route you’re interested in on Ferryhopper. Find updated information about our ferry crossings in real-time, compare prices and offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at the best price!
Toddlers can travel from Palma to Valencia for free, while there are also discount tickets for children and residents of the Balearic Islands.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Palma to Valencia?
The duration of the ferry ride from Palma to Valencia is about 7.5-9 hr, depending on the ferry operator and type of vessel.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Palma to Valencia?
The Palma - Valencia route is mainly operated by conventional ferries. The fastest ferry to Valencia takes almost 7.5 hr to reach mainland Spain.
What’s the distance between Palma and Valencia?
The distance between Palma in Mallorca and Valencia is approximately 137 nautical miles (around 254km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Valencia from Palma
Here are our top travel tips for your trip from Palma to Valencia:
- We recommend that you arrive at the port of departure at least 1 hr in advance. The ports can get quite busy, especially in the summer.
- From the subway stop of Grau Canyamelar (Line 5), which is close to the port, you can easily reach the city center of Valencia.
- Valencia is a great destination for food lovers! It is particularly famous for its paella and its juicy oranges. We recommend exploring its local food markets for more!
- Read our Valencia travel guide for more information and useful tips about the port.
Where to take the ferry from Palma to Valencia
The port of Palma is located on the west coast of the island. It's the largest port and it's connected by regular train and bus services to Alcúdia, the other port of the island. The distance between Palma and Alcúdia is approximately 55km and the trip between the two takes about 1 hr.
The port of Palma is much closer to the island’s airport (about 15km), as you need 25 min by car to get there or 1 hr by public transport.
Can I travel on the ferry from Palma to Valencia with a car?
Yes, you can travel with a vehicle on the ferry from Palma to Valencia.
The ferry operators serving this route have different luggage policies:
- Trasmediterránea allows passengers to carry luggage with a maximum weight of 40kg for cabins and 30kg for onboard seating. Ferries often have closed spaces for luggage.
- On the ferries of Baleària, there are no limitations on the amount of luggage per passenger, as long as you can handle it on your own. There are also open luggage trunks in the passenger lounges, where you can leave your luggage during the trip.
- In GNV ferries, there is no weight limit on luggage and you can carry up to 2 pieces of luggage. The ferries also have lockers that are accessible throughout the journey.
Most of the ferries that travel to Valencia from Palma have cabins as well as numbered seats.
When it comes to traveling to Valencia by ferry, you can bring along your pet. Depending on the operator, there are different services and infrastructures for your little friend.
For more information regarding documents and pet travel, we suggest that you contact the ferry company you’re traveling with.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Palma to Valencia?
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Palma to Valencia on Ferryhopper in just a few clicks. Find all the available ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and prices, and book your ferry trip at no extra cost.