Ferry from Naples to Salerno
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Ιs there a ferry from Naples to Salerno?
Yes, you can travel by ferry from Naples to Salerno from May to October thanks to the departures of the Alicost and NLG companies.
The connection runs 1-2 times a day, but the route is not direct. In fact, the Naples - Salerno route includes intermediate stops.
What's the ferry schedule from Naples to Salerno?
The earliest ferry to Salerno departs from Naples at 15:00 and arrives at its destination around 18:40. The latest departure is at 15:35, with estimated arrival in Salerno at 19:00.
Please note that both NLG hydrofoils and Alicost ferries do not travel directly from Naples to Salerno. The crossings include 1 or more stops at other ports (such as Capri, Positano, Amalfi, etc.).
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Naples to Salerno?
The tickets for the ferry from Naples to Salerno usually cost €30 or €34, depending on the operator, but discounts are available for certain passenger categories.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the Naples to Salerno ferry. Find the lowest prices and best offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper with no hidden fees.
Traveling by ferry from Naples to Sorrento is easy, comfortable and you can take advantage of lower-cost ferry tickets thanks to the available discounts. Children up to 2-3 years old travel for free, while there are discounts for children up to 12 years old.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Naples to Salerno?
The Naples to Salerno crossing can take 3 hr 25 min or 3 hr 40 min depending on the operator chosen.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Naples to Salerno?
Yes, the fastest ferry on the Naples - Salerno route arrives at its destination in 3 hr 25 min.
What's the distance between Naples to Salerno?
The distance between the ports of Naples and Salerno is 24 nautical miles (approximately 45 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Salerno to Naples
Before you board the ferry from Naples to Salerno, have a look at some important tips for your ferry ride:
- We recommend that you arrive at the port of Naples at least 1 hr before your ferry trip, especially on weekends to avoid the crowds.
- Discover what to do and see in Salerno in our travel guide.
- Since the Naples - Salerno ferry route includes stops, you can break up the journey and visit more places. A great option could be to take the Naples - Capri ferry, spending at least 1 day on the island, also visiting Procida from Capri by ferry, and then continuing on to Salerno.
- Discover other convenient routes to move between Naples and Salerno by ferry.
- Keep in mind that the ferries from Naples to Salerno arrive at Molo Manfredi, which is about a 20-min walk from the city's historic center.
Where to take the ferry from Naples to Salerno?
The ferries to Salerno from Naples depart from Molo Beverello.
The pier is about 2 km from Naples Central Station and can be reached on foot, by taxi, bus, or subway.
Can I travel on the ferry from Naples to Salerno with a car?
No, the Naples - Salerno ferries do not have car decks and only board passengers.
If you're traveling by car, you can use the paid parking lots close to the port of Naples. They are usually affordable and offer a free shuttle service to the passenger terminal.
The companies Alicost and NLG operating on the Naples - Salerno ferry route have similar policies for luggage:
- On the ferries of Alicost, each passenger is entitled to a single piece of luggage with maximum dimensions of 50x35x20 cm and a weight not exceeding 9 kg.
- NLG allows passengers to carry a single piece of luggage with a maximum size of 50x30x15 cm and a maximum weight of 5 kg.
Reminder: for additional luggage and luggage that exceeds the proposed dimensions/weight, companies usually apply an extra boarding fee.
There are no cabins on the ferries operating the Naples to Salerno route. Deck-passage accommodation is included in the ticket price.
On the Naples - Salerno hydrofoils, pets are more than welcome! Just include them in your reservation and pay the corresponding fee.
Please note that animals can only stay outside the passenger lounges. Dogs must also wear a muzzle and leash, while cats or other pets must be kept in their carriers.
For more information on the documents and conditions required to travel with your pet, we recommend contacting the relevant company.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Naples to Salerno
You can easily book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper. Find more information about the Naples - Salerno ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare companies, prices and schedules, and plan the trip of your dreams!