Traveling from Gran Canaria to La Palma by ferry
There is 1 weekly ferry crossing from Gran Canaria to La Palma, serviced by the ferry company Trasmediterránea. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Gran Canaria to La Palma*
Is there a ferry from Gran Canaria to La Palma?
The route from Gran Canaria to La Palma is normally available once a week throughout the year. The route is operated by the ferry company Trasmediterránea. You can compare data and check real-time info on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Gran Canaria to La Palma?
The duration of the crossing from Gran Canaria to La Palma is 15 hours. The duration of the trip varies mainly depending on weather conditions.
How much is the ferry from Gran Canaria to La Palma?
Ferry tickets from Gran Canaria to La Palma start at €33. If you want to book a cabin or travel with your vehicle, the ticket price will be higher.
What’s the ferry schedule from Gran Canaria to La Palma?
The Gran Canaria - La Palma route is available once per week. Ferries usually depart from the port of Las Palmas in Gran Canaria at 05:30 and reach the port of Santa Cruz de La Palma around 20:30.
What’s the distance between Gran Canaria and La Palma?
The distance between Gran Canaria and La Palma is approximately 147 nautical miles (273 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Gran Canaria to La Palma?
Yes, travel between Gran Canaria and La Palma is currently allowed. There are no movement restrictions in place for the Canary Islands. For the latest information on COVID-19 and traveling by ferry, visit our relevant FaQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Gran Canaria to La Palma?
On ferryhopper.com you can easily book ferry tickets to La Palma from Gran Canaria. Find information about available itineraries on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and itineraries, and plan your trip.
The beach of Tazacorte with black, volcanic sand on the west coast of La Palma.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Gran Canaria to La Palma
- From Gran Canaria you can also travel by ferry to Lanzarote, Fuerteventura and Tenerife. The island is a perfect starting point for island hopping in the Canary Islands!
- The port of Las Palmas in Gran Canaria is one of the busiest in the region. Ferryhopper suggests that you arrive at the port at least 1h 30min before departure, especially if you’re traveling with a vehicle.
- For more information about ferry trips from mainland Spain to the Canaries and island hopping in the area, have a look at our blog and find out about 2021 ferry schedules.
- No matter its volcanic activity, La Palma is a perfectly safe destination, where you can enjoy great holidays and get to see the famous La Palma volcanoes up close!
- You can get around La Palma by car, taxi, or public transport. Driving your own vehicle gives you the freedom to explore every nook and cranny of the island. If you prefer to use public transport, search for local buses, called guaguas.