Traveling from Naples to Palermo by ferry
One of the most beautiful destinations in Italy is the island of Sicily. Sicily is located to the south of Italy and is the biggest island of the Mediterranean Sea. There are many ways to reach Sicily from mainland Italy and one of them through the port of Naples. The port of Naples is connected with the port of Palermo in Sicily with over 20 weekly crossings. Ferryhopper presents you all the information about the dates of the ferry routes and helps you book ferry tickets easily and at the best prices!
Ferry schedules from Naples to Palermo*
How frequent is the ferry connection between Naples and Palermo?
There are 21 ferry crossings from the port of Naples and the port of Palermo in Sicily. The ferry companies that operate this connection are Grandi Navi Velozi and Tirrenia.
How long is the ferry ride from Naples to Palermo?
The duration of the ferry journey from the port of Naples to the port of Palermo ranges from 9 hr 15 min to 11 hr 30 min, depending on the ferry route you choose.
What is the distance between Naples and Palermo?
The port of Naples is around 167 nautical miles (309 km) from the port of Palermo.
Ferry tickets from Naples to Palermo: Cost
The price of the ferry ticket for the trip from Naples to Palermo starts from 40 euros for single footing passengers. However, due to the long-distance, we recommend you book a bed cabin for a more convenient journey. In addition, there is the option to transfer your vehicle to the island of Sicily, through the ferry’s garage.
How can I book my ferry tickets from Naples to Palermo?
Travel by ferry to the beautiful island of Sicily in South Italy is an easy task with Ferryhopper! Visit now our platform, find all the available ferry routes and their respective schedules and book your ferry tickets from Naples to Palermo at the best prices!
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Naples to Palermo:
- Naples is an important city in Italy and its port can be quite busy. For that reason, it is recommended to get to the port 90 min before boarding, especially if you are travelling with your vehicle.
- The port of Naples is located near the city centre (Piazza Municipio), and is easily accessible by public transport: it is located about 15 km from Capodichino airport and only 10 min from the Naples central railway station.
- The ideal way to explore the island of Sicily is by car. Ferryhopper advises you to bring your vehicle or rent one, if possible.
- The port of Palermo offers multiple connections with other Italian ports. Check the Ferryhopper map of ferries and find all the available crossings from Sicily!
- For further information about your ferry trip or ferry tickets, you can contact Ferryhopper!