Ferry from Melilla to Motril
Tickets & Schedules
You can now easily travel by ferry from the autonomous Spanish city of Melilla to the port of Motril in Andalusia. The port of Melilla is located on the northeast coast of Morocco, and the distance to the south coast of Spain is rather small so crossing the Mediterranean sea by ferry is a great idea! On this Ferryhopper page can find more information about the Melilla - Motril ferry connection, the frequency, and duration of the ferry route, as well as tips for your ferry departure from Melilla.
How frequent is the ferry connection from Melilla to Motril?
The Melilla - Motril ferry connection is served by 6 weekly crossings. The ferry company that usually operates on this ferry route is FRS.
How long is the ferry trip from Melilla to Motril?
The duration of the ferry trip from the port of Melilla to Motril in Andalusia is around 5 hours and 45minutes.
Ferry ticket price Melilla - Motril
The ferry ticket price for the ferry connection from Melilla to Motril starts from around 35 euros. Ferry ticket prices are however subject to change every year so we suggest that you check Ferryhopper for all updated information about your ferry trip.
Distance between Melilla and Motril
The city and port of Melilla are located on the northeast coast of Morocco while the port of Motril is east of Malaga and west of Almeria, on the south coast of Spain. The distance between Melilla and Motril is around 180 km (97 nautical miles).
Tips for your ferry trip from Melilla:
- If you are planning to transfer your own vehicle from Melilla to Motril, we recommend that you arrive at the port of Melilla at least 90 minutes before your ferry departure. If you are traveling without a vehicle, 60 minutes in advance are sufficient.
- From the port of Melilla, on the north coast of Africa, you can also travel by ferry to the ports of Malaga and Almeria in Andalusia. On the Ferryhopper pages, you can find more information about the Melilla-Malaga and the Melilla - Almeria ferry routes in order to book the ferry itinerary the best suits your plans.
- The city of Melilla is located few kilometres north of the Moroccan city of Nador so you could also consider visiting for a day trip and experience the Moroccan vibes! Read our dedicated page and get more information about the city and port of Nador.
- The port of Motril is in the beautiful region of Andalusia. We recommend that you spend some time exploring this region and visit more nearby cities like Granada, or Sevilla, Cordoba and Cadiz further west. The lifestyle, the people and the food of Andalusia will charm you straight away!
- From the port of Motril, you can also get a ferry to other north African destinations such as the ports of Morocco: Tangier-Med, Al Hoceima and Nador. On the Ferryhopper Map of Ferries, you can find all the available ferry connections from Motril and the ports of Andalusia to North Africa!
- If you require any help during the ferry booking process, do not hesitate to contact the Ferryhopper customer support.