Traveling from Ceuta to Algeciras by ferry
There are more than 60 weekly ferry crossings from Ceuta to Algeciras. The itinerary is serviced by FRS, Trasmediterránea and Baleària. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Ceuta to Algeciras*
Is there a ferry from Ceuta to Algeciras?
Normally, the route from Ceuta to Algeciras is available daily with approximately 10-12 crossings. The route is in operation throughout the year, serviced by 3 ferry companies: FRS, Trasmediterránea and Baleària. You can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Ceuta to Algeciras?
The trip from Ceuta to Algeciras is just 1 hour. The duration of the trip varies mainly depending on the type of vessel.
How much is the ferry from Ceuta to Algeciras?
Tickets to Algeciras from the port of Ceuta start at €28. The price gets higher or lower depending on discounts, offers, seat type, or vehicle selection.
What’s the ferry schedule from Ceuta to Algeciras?
During peak season, there are more than 60 weekly ferry routes from Ceuta to Algeciras. The route is in operation daily throughout the year and it is one of the most frequent ferry crossings between North Africa and Spain. The earliest ferry usually departs at 06:00 and arrives in Algeciras at 07:00. The latest crossing from Ceuta is at 23:30, reaching the Spanish port city around 00:30.
What’s the distance between Ceuta and Algeciras?
The distance between Ceuta and Algeciras is around 15 nautical miles (28 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Ceuta to Algeciras?
At the moment, it is only possible to travel to Algeciras from the port of Ceuta for non-holiday reasons. The autonomous community of Andalusia is under perimetral confinement. For the latest information on COVID-19 and traveling by ferry, visit our relevant FaQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Ceuta to Algeciras?
On ferryhopper.com you can easily book ferry tickets from Ceuta to Algeciras. Find information about available itineraries from Ceuta on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and fares, and plan your trip.
Sandy beach on the Bay of Algeciras with a view to the Rock of Gibraltar.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Ceuta to Algeciras
- Algeciras is located close to the British exclave of Gibraltar. You can easily have a day-trip to Gibraltar from Algeciras, as it is just a 30-minute drive away.
- Make sure you arrive at the port of Ceuta at least 1h 15min before departure. During peak season, the port can get quite busy despite its small size.
- When in Algeciras, visit the Moroccan quarter to experience the interesting mix of cultures and taste local delicacies.
- In Algeciras there are plenty of port parking facilities. You can park your vehicle at the port and explore the beautiful city on foot.
- The port city of Ceuta in North Africa is close to two major Moroccan cities: Tangier and Tetouan. If you want to explore the region before your trip to Spain, you can cross the border and experience authentic Morocco!