Traveling from Volos to Skiathos by ferry
The ferry route Volos-Skiathos normally lasts from 1,5 hours to 3 hours and the ticket cost starts from 20€. Check our summary with the latest data for ferries.
Ferry schedules from Volos to Skiathos*
Is there a ferry from Volos to Skiathos?
Usually, there at 2 to 3 ferry crossings per day by 3 ferry companies from Volos to Skiathos all-year-round. There are both conventional and high-speed ferries operating on the route. The ferry companies that usually serve this connection are Blue Star Ferries, Anes Ferries, and Aegean Flying Dolphin. Schedules are subject to change depending on the season and the weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Volos to Skiathos?
The duration of the ferry ride can be from 1,5 hours to 3 hours, depending on the type of vessel.
How much is the ferry from Volos to Skiathos?
The cost of a one-way ferry ticket starts from 20€ to 30€. The final ticket price depends on reductions, offers, seat type, or the ferry company.
What's the schedule from Volos to Skiathos?
There are at least 2 daily ferries per day in the Volos-Skiathos route during the whole year, and in the summer months, there can be up to 4 ferry crossings. The earliest ferry departure from Volos is usually around 07.30-08.00 and the last ferry departs around 19.00.
What's the distance between Volos and Skiathos?
The distance between the port of Volos and Skiathos is 27 nautical miles (around 50 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Volos to Skiathos?
Yes, travel within Greek destinations is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece please visit our relevant FAQ pages.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Volos to Skiathos?
On Ferryhopper you can compare all available ferry itineraries from Volos to Skiathos and book cheap ferry tickets online.
Watching a ferry crossing in the Sporades archipelago from a quiet beach in Skiathos.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Volos to Skiathos
- We recommend that you arrive at the port of Volos at least 45 minutes in advance of your ferry departure, especially if you travel with your vehicle.
- The port of Volos is located very close to the city center and it's just a 20 minutes walk from the central bus station and the train station.
- The conventional ferries that travel on this route have garages for vehicle transfer. Vehicle prices are around 15€ for a motorcycle and around 80€ for a car.
- For information and tips about holidays in Skiathos, please visit our relevant destination page.
- From Skiathos, you can cross by ferry to the neighboring island of Skopelos as well as to Alonissos and the port of Agios Konstantinos in mainland Greece.
- Find all ferry connections across the Sporades islands on our updated Map of ferries.