Traveling from Skiathos to Skopelos (Glossa) by ferry
There are 3 daily ferry crossings from Skiathos to Skopelos (Glossa) in high season with tickets cost starting from 5€. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Skiathos to Skopelos (Glossa)*
Is there a ferry from Skiathos to Skopelos (Glossa)?
There are at least 3 ferry crossings per day by 3 ferry companies in high-season from Skiathos to Skopelos (Glossa). There are both conventional and high-speed ferries operating on the route. The ferry companies that usually serve this connection are Hellenic Seaways, Anes Ferries, and Aegean Flying Dolphins. Schedules are subject to change depending on the season and the weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Skiathos to Skopelos (Glossa)?
The ferry ride lasts from 15min to 1 hour depending on the type of vessel and its itinerary.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Skiathos to Skopelos?
Yes, there are ferry companies that serve the route Skiathos - Skopelos with fast ferries, mainly during the summer. The duration of the trip with the high-speed ferry to Skopelos can be only 15 minutes.
How much is the ferry from Skiathos to Skopelos (Glossa)?
The cost of a single ticket is from 5€ to 10€. The final ticket price depends on reductions, offers, seat type, or the ferry company.
What's the schedule from Skiathos to Skopelos (Glossa)?
In the summer there are up to 3 ferries per day on the Skiathos - Glossa route, while in the winter there are at least 6 weekly crossings. The earliest ferry departure is around 10.30 from the port of Skiathos and the latest can be from 13.00 to 21.00 depending on the season and the day of the week.
What's the distance between Skiathos and Skopelos (Glossa)?
The distance from Skiathos to the port of Glossa in Skopelos is just 12 nautical miles (i.e. 22 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Skiathos to Skopelos (Glossa)?
Yes, travel within Greek destinations is currently allowed. For updated information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece please visit our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Skiathos to Skopelos (Glossa)?
On Ferryhopper you can compare all ferry schedules from Skiathos to the ports of Skopelos and book ferry tickets online at the best prices.
The blue sea of Skopelos, which became famous as part of the 'Mamma Mia' film
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Skiathos to Skopelos (Glossa)
- We recommend that you arrive at the port of Skiathos at least 45 minutes prior to your ferry departure, especially if you travel with your vehicle.
- The Skiathos - Skopelos route is great for a day trip.
- If you plan on spending more time in Skopelos we recommend renting a car to explore the island.
- Skopelos has 2 ports: Glossa in the northeast and Skopelos town port in the southwest of the island. You can check with port authorities in Skiathos which are your disembarkation options in Skopelos.
- For information and tips about holidays in Skopelos, please visit our relevant destination page.
- From Skopelos ports' you can travel to the neighboring island of Alonissos as well as to the port of Volos and Agios Konstantinos in mainland Greece. Find all ferry connections across the Sporades islands on our updated Map of ferries.
- If during the trip your seat is on the ferry's outside deck be prepared as you may be lucky enough to see dolphins swimming alongside your ferry!
Where to take the ferry Skiathos to Skopelos (Glossa)
The port of Skiathos is located in Chora and pretty close to its center. You can get to the port by car, taxi or even on foot. The airport of Skiathos is only 2km from the port and there is also a nearby parking lot with limited parking space for ferry travelers.
Ferry companies in Greece are usually quite flexible when it comes to luggage size and weight. You can keep your luggage next to you or store your bags and suitcases in the designated luggage area on the ferry to Skopelos.
Good to know: bear in mind that there is no check-in procedure for luggage items.
Tip: each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. We recommend that you don’t carry more than 50kg of luggage to avoid delays due to restricted space in the luggage area.
The trip from Skiathos to Skopelos is really short, and many high-speed ferries don’t even have cabins. For extra comfort during the journey, you can book a seat.