Ferry from Terracina to Ponza (Pontine Islands archipelago)
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Terracina to Ponza?
There are seasonal ferry connections from the city of Terracina to Ponza, operated by NLG (Navigazione Libera del Golfo) and Laziomar. The ferry route is in operation from April to September with up to 15 weekly departures.
Am I allowed to travel from Terracina to Ponza?
Yes, ferry travel between Italy and Greece is allowed. Take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy, and get ready to discover the Pontine Islands!
What’s the ferry schedule from Terracina to Ponza?
The Terracina - Ponza connection is active every day, with at least 2 daily crossings.
Ferries usually depart early in the morning and during peak season, in the afternoon as well.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Terracina to Ponza?
Ferry prices for the Terracina - Ponza route start at €10, though the final cost may vary depending on the season, the operator chosen and any discounts.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for your trip to the Pontine Islands. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest prices and best offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at no extra cost.
Current offers will be automatically applied when booking your ferry tickets.
Take advantage of the available discounts and travel by ferry from Terracina to Ponza with lower-cost ferry tickets. On the ferries, children up to 4 years travel for free, while there are also discounts for kids up to 12 years old. There are offers reserved for groups as well.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Terracina to Ponza?
The Terracina - Ponza ferry trip takes 50 min or 2.5 hr, depending on the vessel type.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Terracina to Ponza?
The connection from Terracina to Ponza is also operated by NLG's fast hydrofoils. The fastest crossing takes less than 1 hour to reach the island.
What’s the distance between Terracina and Ponza?
The distance between the port of Terracina and the port of Ponza is 28 nautical miles (about 51 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Ponza from Terracina
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Terracina to Ponza:
- We recommend arriving at the port of Terracina well in advance, especially if you travel during peak season and with a vehicle.
- Terracina is located about 90 km from Rome and the best way to travel between the two cities is by train (1 hr 40 min travel time).
- You can reach Ponza all year round thanks to daily connections from Formia. Check out the Formia - Ponza ferry route and visit the island even in winter!
- Did you know that Ponza is considered one of the most romantic islands in Italy? Plan your romantic getaway here and you won't regret it!
Where to take the ferry from Terracina to Ponza
Ferries to Ponza from Terracina depart from the dock at Via del Molo.
The port of Terracina is located only 2 km from the train station. From here you can take the Cotral bus and reach the port in 5 min.
Near the port area you will find various bars, restaurants, gas stations, parking lots, and bathing establishments.
Can I travel on the ferry from Terracina to Ponza with a car?
You can embark your vehicle only on Laziomar ferries that operate the Terracina - Ponza route, but not on NLG hydrofoils.
However, keep in mind that in the summer months, the circulation of cars is not allowed for non-residents in Ponza.
Each ferry company operating on this route has different luggage allowance policies:
- On NLG hydrofoils, you can carry one piece of hand luggage up to 5 kg with a maximum size of 50x30x15 cm.
- With Laziomar, each passenger can carry hand luggage with a maximum size of 55x40x20 cm.
On the Terracina - Ponza ferries there are no cabins available, but only standard seats.
You can safely travel with your pet on the Terracina - Ponza route by booking pet tickets and following the policies of each company:
- With Laziomar, only animals of small size are allowed, preferably in a carrier or held by their owner.
- With NLG, pets are welcome to travel for an additional boarding fee, but are not allowed in the passenger areas.
In both cases, all pet travel documents must be in order, while dogs need to be muzzled and on a leash.
Important: keep in mind that guide dogs travel for free.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Terracina to Ponza?
On Ferryhopper, you can book Ponza ferry tickets easily and quickly. Check out our Map of ferries and plan an unforgettable trip to the Pontine Islands!