Ferry from Anzio to Ponza (Pontine Islands archipelago)
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Anzio to Ponza?
There are seasonal ferry connections to the island of Ponza from Anzio in Italy, operated by Laziomar and Vetor. The ferry route is in operation from May to September with up to 30 weekly departures.
What’s the ferry schedule from Anzio to Ponza
Normally, the earliest ferry to Ponza departs from the port of Anzio around 08:15 in the morning, arriving at its destination at 09:25. The last departure is scheduled for 17:00, with the ferry arriving in Ponza at 18:10.
Please note that ferry schedules are subject to change from year to year, as the route is seasonally active.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Anzio to Ponza?
Ferry prices for the Anzio - Ponza route start at around €30, though the final cost may vary depending on the season and the operator you’ve chosen.
The ferry tickets to Ponza also include a disembarkation fee of €4. Certain passenger categories are excluded from this (residents, workers and commuter students).
On the ferries from Anzio to Ponza, children up to 2 years old travel for free, while children up to 12 years old are entitled to discount tickets up to 50%.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Anzio to Ponza?
Ferries to Ponza from Anzio make the crossing in around 1 hr 10 min to 1 hr 25 min, depending on the company you’re traveling with.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Anzio to Ponza?
There are only fast hydrofoils operating on the Anzio - Ponza route. The fastest crossing to Ponza takes around 70 min.
What’s the distance between Anzio and Ponza?
The distance between Anzio and Ponza is 36 nautical miles (approximately 67 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Ponza from Anzio
Below, you can find out some useful travel tips for your ferry trip to Ponza:
- Make sure to arrive at the port of Anzio at least 60 min in advance, especially in July and August.
- From Roma Termini railway station, you can get to Anzio by train in 1 hr. From Rome Eur and Rome Anagnina, there are also bus departures every 30 min.
- To travel to Ponza by ferry in the winter, the port of Formia serves multiple daily connections. Find out more about the Formia - Ponza ferries!
- If you are not sure about the current health protocol, you can always take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy prior to your trip.
- Ponza is one of the most romantic islands in Italy, perfect for a magical weekend getaway for couples.
- You can also plan a day trip from Ponza to Ventotene. The Ponza - Ventotene ferry ride takes only 50 min!
Where to take the ferry from Anzio to Ponza
Ferries to Ponza from Anzio depart from the dock close to Piazzale Marinai d'Italia. Located in the city center of Anzio, you can find numerous shops, restaurants and paid parking lots nearby.
To get to the port from the outskirts of Anzio, you can catch a bus to the city center. Bus connections are served by the company Gioia.
Can I travel on the Anzio to Ponza ferry with a car?
Bringing your vehicle on the ferry to Ponza is not possible. Also, keep in mind that the circulation of cars is prohibited for non-residents during the summer.
Each ferry company operating on this route has different luggage allowance policies:
- On the hydrofoils of Laziomar, a maximum of 35x20x20 cm of luggage is allowed per passenger.
- With Vetor, each passenger can bring 1 piece of luggage with maximum dimensions of 50x30x15 cm.
Important: for luggage exceeding the above policies, an additional fee is applied.
There are no cabins on the Anzio - Ponza ferries, as the route is rather short and is operated by hydrofoils. However, onboard seating is included in the ferry ticket price.
You can safely travel with your pet on the ferry to Ponza by booking pet tickets and following the policies of each company:
- With Laziomar, only animals of small size are allowed, preferably in a carrier or held by their owner.
- With Vetor, animals are only allowed on the deck.
In both cases, owners must carry all necessary pet documents and certificates with them, while dogs need to be muzzled and on a leash.
Important: keep in mind that guide dogs travel for free.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Anzio to Ponza
At the moment, it is not possible to book ferry tickets from Anzio to Ponza on Ferryhopper. As we focus on including more crossings, you can browse all ferry connections in Italy on our Map of ferries and book your ferry tickets hassle-free!