Ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Tilos
Tickets & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Tilos?
There are 2-3 ferry services during the week to Tilos with departures occurring in the afternoon. However, this can change depending on the season and weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry company that usually operates this route is Blue Star Ferries.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Tilos?
The ferry trip from the port of Piraeus to that of Tilos lasts approximately 14.5 hours. For this reason, we suggest booking a cabin or airline seat if you want to travel more comfortably and sleep during the trip.
How much is the ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Tilos?
Ferry tickets from Piraeus to Tilos start from 20€. However, the total cost can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers, and seat or cabin type.
What’s the ferry schedule from Athens (Piraeus) to Tilos?
There are at least 2-3 weekly ferry crossings from Piraeus to Tilos. The ferry usually departs at noon and arrives in Tilos around 04:00, the next morning.
What’s the distance between Athens (Piraeus) and Tilos?
The port of Piraeus is located close to 201 nautical miles (372 km) from Tilos.
Am I allowed to travel from Athens (Piraeus) to Tilos?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Hiking at sunset in Tilos.
How can I book ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Tilos?
You can visit the Ferryhopper pages for all Piraeus - Tilos ferry crossings. Compare prices and schedules to book ferry tickets online easily, quickly and cheaply.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens (Piraeus) to Tilos
- The port of Piraeus is usually full of travelers during the whole summer season and many ferries can arrive or depart at the same time. We suggest you be at the port at least 1 hour earlier, while you can ask the port authorities for information about your ferry.
- If you go to the port of Piraeus by means of transport, don’t forget that you will need some time to reach the departure gate. For example, the gate for ferries to Tilos is E1, which is about a 25-minute walk from the metro / suburban station. You can also take the free bus to the port of Piraeus, which runs all day to the departure gates.
- Due to the long journey, most of the vessels have cabins, air seats and garages for transporting vehicles.
- Tilos is located very close to Rhodes, Nisyros and Kos. Check the Ferryhopper map of ferries and find all connections of Tilos to plan island-hopping around the Dodecanese.
- For any additional information regarding the trip from Piraeus to Tilos, you can contact the Ferryhopper customer service team!