Ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Symi
Tickets & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Symi?
There are 3-4 ferry services during the week to Symi with departures occurring in the afternoon and at night. However, this can change depending on the season and weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry company that usually operates this route is Blue Star Ferries.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Symi?
The ferry trip from the port of Piraeus to that of Symi takes around 13-16 hours. For this reason, we suggest booking a cabin or airline seat if you want to travel more comfortably and sleep during the trip.
How much is the ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Symi?
Ferry tickets from Piraeus to Symi start from 20€ but usually costs 40€. However, the total cost can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers, and seat or cabin type.
What’s the ferry schedule from Athens (Piraeus) to Symi?
There are at least 3-4 weekly ferry crossings from Piraeus to Symi. The earliest ferry usually departs at 14:00 and arrives in Symi early in the next morning. The last scheduled trip is at 21:30, reaching the port of Symi at 08:40 the next morning.
What’s the distance between Athens (Piraeus) and Symi?
The port of Piraeus is located close to 220 nautical miles (407 km) from Symi.
Am I allowed to travel from Athens (Piraeus) to Symi?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Beautiful neoclassical buildings near the port of Symi.
How can I book ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Symi?
You can visit the pages of Ferryhopper for all ferry crossings Piraeus - Symi. Compare prices and schedules to book ferry tickets online easily, quickly and cheaply.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens (Piraeus) to Symi
- The port of Piraeus is usually full of travelers during the whole summer season and many ferries can arrive or depart at the same time. We suggest you be at the port at least 1 hour earlier, while you can ask the port authorities for information about your ferry.
- If you go to the port of Piraeus by means of transport, don’t forget that you will need some time to reach the departure gate. For example, the gate for ferries to Symi is E1, which is about a 25-minute walk from the metro / suburban station. You can also take the free bus to the port of Piraeus, which runs all day to the departure gates.
- Due to the long journey, most of the vessels have cabins, air seats and garages for transporting vehicles.
- Symi is located very close to the Turkish coast but also to the islands of Rhodes and Kos. To see all the ferry connections of Symi check our map of ferries.
- For any additional information regarding the trip from Piraeus to Symi, you can contact the Ferryhopper customer service team!