Ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Spetses
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Athens to Spetses?
There are usually daily ferry crossings from Athens (Piraeus) to Spetses. The Piraeus - Spetses ferry route is operated by 2 ferry companies: Blue Star Ferries and Alpha Lines, with high-speed vessels.
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change depending on the season. You can find all available ferry departures in real time on Ferryhopper.
What’s the ferry schedule from Athens to Spetses
The Athens (Piraeus) to Spetses ferry route is active all year long. In the summer, there are usually up to 7 daily ferries from Athens to Spetses.
The earliest ferry departs from the port of Piraeus at 08:00 and reaches the port of Spetses around 10:15. The latest departure from the Piraeus port to Spetses is usually at 22:15, with the ferry arriving after midnight.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Athens to Spetses?
The Athens to Spetses ferry prices range from €48 to €52. The final ticket cost depends on the company and the season, as well as the available discounts and offers.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Spetses from Athens. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest ferry prices, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper with ease!
Traveling from Athens to Spetses by ferry is easy and comfortable, and you can take advantage of lower-cost ferry tickets thanks to the available discounts. The ferry companies offer discounts of up to 50% to the following passenger categories:
- Children from 5 to 10 years old
- Permanent residents of islands (holders of Unique Islander Number)
- Students of Greek Public Universities
- People with disabilities and their accompanying persons
Note: infants and children up to 3 years old travel for free. However, keep in mind that available discounts may vary depending on the company you’re traveling with.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Athens to Spetses?
The Athens (Piraeus) to Spetses ferry time is approximately 2 hr 20 min, though there are some connections that last around 3 hr 10 min.
The trip duration may vary depending on how many stops the ferry makes.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Athens to Spetses?
Yes, there is. In fact, you can travel exclusively with a high-speed ferry from Athens to Spetses. The fastest ferry to Spetses from Athens takes about 2 hr 20 min.
What's the distance between Athens and Spetses?
The distance between Athens (Piraeus) and Spetses is 47 nautical miles (around 87 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens to Spetses
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Athens (Piraeus) to Spetses:
- The port of Piraeus can get quite busy during the summer months, so we recommend arriving at least 1 hour early.
- In the port of Piraeus, the gate from where ferries usually depart for Spetses is E8. It is about a 7-minute walk from the train station of Piraeus.
- We recommend booking your return to Athens in advance as tickets sell out fast.
- From Spetses, you can hop to other islands of the Saronic Gulf, such as Agistri, Aegina, Poros and Hydra. Check our Map of Ferries to discover all its ferry connections and organize your island-hopping trip!
- In a few cases, ferry schedules from the port of Piraeus suddenly change in the summer season. Make sure to confirm your ferry’s departure time. You can also track your ferry in real time on the Ferryhopper app!
- Check the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Greece, and get ready for your Athens - Spetses ferry trip.
Both on Blue Star Ferries and Alpha Lines, passengers are entitled to carry luggage up to 50 kg free of charge. You can keep your luggage next to you or store your bags and suitcases in the designated luggage area on the ferry from Athens to Spetses.
Good to know: there is no check-in procedure for luggage items.
The trip to Spetses from Athens isn’t very long, and high-speed ferries don’t have cabins. However, these vessels have seats for all passengers. You can choose your seat when you book your ticket and enjoy a comfortable trip to Spetses!
You can travel with your pet on the ferry from Athens to Spetses. For more information, check the pet policy of the company you've chosen.
Make sure to carry along the necessary certificates, tickets and any pet supplies you may need for your trip.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Athens to Spetses
You can book ferry tickets from Athens to Spetses online on Ferryhopper. Browse all available ferry connections, compare companies and fares, and plan your ferry trip to Spetses hassle-free.