Traveling from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Poros by ferry
The ferry route Athens(Piraeus) - Poros normally takes from 1 to 2.5 hours and costs start at 9€. Check our summary with the latest data for ferries.
Ferry schedules from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Poros*
Is there a ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Poros?
There are multiple daily ferry services from Piraeus to the port of Poros, especially in the summer. This can change depending on the season and weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry companies that usually operate this route are Blue Star Ferries and Saronic Ferries.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Poros?
The ferry journey from Piraeus to Poros lasts from 1 to 2.5 hours, depending on the type of vessel and the ferry company that you choose.
How much is the ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Poros?
The standard ferry ticket to Poros costs 9€ for the long journey and 24.5€ for the short one. However, the total price can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers, and seat or vehicle type.
What’s the ferry schedule from Athens (Piraeus) to Poros?
You can find up to 7 daily ferry crossings from Piraeus to Poros. The earliest ferry usually departs at 09:00 and arrives at around 10:00 or 11:35, depending on the route. The last scheduled trip is at 20:00, reaching the port of Poros at almost 21:15.
What’s the distance between Athens (Piraeus) to Poros?
The island of Poros is located about 28 nautical miles (52 km) south of Piraeus.
Am I allowed to travel from Athens (Piraeus) to Poros?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
The marina in Poros.
How can I book ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Poros?
Visit Ferryhopper to see all ferry services from Piraeus to Poros. Book online ferry tickets in 4 steps at no extra cost.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens (Piraeus) to Poros?
- The port of Piraeus is usually full of travelers during the whole summer season and many ferries can arrive or depart at the same time. We suggest you be at the port at least 1 hour earlier, while you can ask the port authorities for information about your ferry.
- In the port of Piraeus, the gate from where ferries leave for Poros is the E8, which is about a 7-minute walk from the train station in Piraeus.
- You can visit the beauties of the Peloponnese by traveling from Poros to the port of Methana.
- You can hop from Poros to other islands of the Saronic Gulf such as Agistri, Aegina, Hydra and Spetses. Take a look at the Ferryhopper interactive map of ferries and easily organize island-hopping!
- There are cases that ferry itineraries regarding the port of Piraeus suddenly change during the summer season. You can confirm the departure time or request further information from the Ferryhopper team!