Ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Nisyros
Tickets & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Nisyros?
There are 2 ferry services during the week to Nisyros with departures occurring in the afternoon. However, this can change depending on the season and weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry company that usually operates this route is Blue Star Ferries.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Nisyros?
The ferry trip from the port of Piraeus to that of Nisyros takes around 13 hours. For this reason, we suggest booking a cabin or airline seat if you want to travel more comfortably and sleep during the trip.
How much is the ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Nisyros?
Ferry tickets from Piraeus to Nisyros start from 20€. However, the total cost can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers, and seat or cabin type.
What’s the ferry schedule from Athens (Piraeus) to Nisyros?
There are at least 2 weekly ferry crossings from Piraeus to Nisyros. The ferries usually depart at 13:00-14:00 and arrive in Nisyros around 02:30-03:30, after midnight.
What’s the distance between Athens (Piraeus) and Nisyros?
The port of Piraeus is located close to 185 nautical miles (342 km) from Nisyros.
Am I allowed to travel from Athens (Piraeus) to Nisyros?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Relax on the volcanic-origin beaches in Nisyros.
How can I book ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Nisyros?
Check Ferryhopper to see all ferry services from Piraeus to Nisyros. Book online ferry tickets in 4 steps at no extra cost.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens (Piraeus) to Nisyros
- The port of Piraeus is usually full of travelers during the whole summer season and many ferries can arrive or depart at the same time. We suggest you be at the port at least 1 hour earlier, while you can ask the port authorities for information about your ferry.
- If you go to the port of Piraeus by means of transport, don’t forget that you will need some time to reach the departure gate. You can also take the free bus to the port of Piraeus, which runs all day to the departure gates.
- Due to the long journey, most of the vessels have cabins, air seats and garages for transporting vehicles.
- Nisyros is in the center of the Dodecanese and you can easily "hop" to Rhodes, Kalymnos, Kos or Tilos. Get on the Ferryhopper route map and organize island-hopping easily and quickly.
- For any additional information regarding the trip from Piraeus to Nisyros, you can contact the Ferryhopper customer service team!