Traveling from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Ikaria by ferry
The ferry route Athens (Piraeus) - Ikaria normally takes from 6 to 7.5 hours and costs start at €30. Check our summary with the latest data for ferries.
Ferry schedules from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Ikaria*
Is there a ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Ikaria?
There are daily ferry itineraries from Piraeus to both ports of Ikaria -Agios Kyrikos and Evdilos-. However, this can change depending on the season and weather, so regularly check for updates and real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry company that usually operates this route is Blue Star Ferries.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Ikaria?
The ferry trip from the port of Piraeus to Ikaria takes from 6 to 7.5 hours, depending on the port of arrival and vessel.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Ikaria?
Unfortunately, at this moment there are no fast ferries serving the crossing Athens - Ikaria.
How much is the ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Ikaria?
Ferry tickets for the route Piraeus - Ikaria start from €20, while the usual price is about €33 to €42. However, the total cost can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers, and seat or cabin type.
What’s the ferry schedule from Athens (Piraeus) to Ikaria?
There are everyday ferry crossings from Athens to Ikaria. The earliest ferry usually departs at 14.00 and arrives at Agios Kyrikos around 20.30. In the summer, the last scheduled trip is at 22.00, reaching the port of Agios Kyrikos at 07.00 the next morning. Ferries to Evdilos usually depart at 17.30 and arrive after midnight.
What’s the distance between Athens (Piraeus) and Ikaria?
Ikaria is located 124 nautical miles (230 km) east of Piraeus.
Am I allowed to travel from Athens (Piraeus) to Ikaria?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets to Ikaria from Athens (Piraeus)?
On Ferryhopper you will find all ferry routes from Piraeus to Ikaria easily and quickly. Compare prices and times and book online ferry tickets, at no extra cost.
The picturesque Armenistis settlement and its beach in Ikaria
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens (Piraeus) to Ikaria
- We recommend that you arrive at the port of Piraeus at least 1 hour before departure, as the port gets quite busy, particularly during the summer months. Make sure you allow for extra time if you’re traveling with a car to Ikaria.
- The vessels that serve the route Piraeus - Ikaria have a garage for transporting vehicles.
- If you’re thinking about booking a cabin for the long trip to Ikaria, we recommend that you book your ferry tickets the soonest, as cabins sell out fast for trips during the peak season. You can make sure you have a comfortable journey by booking 3-4 months in advance.
- Ikaria has 2 ports: Agios Kyrikos and Evdilos. Find more information about the ports, routes and holidays in Ikaria on our dedicated page.
- You can combine your vacation in Ikaria with an island hopping experience around the neighboring islands such as Chios, Lesvos, Samos and Fournoi. On our interactive Map of Ferries, you will easily find all the ferry connections of Ikaria.
Where to take the ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Ikaria
You can catch the ferry to Ikaria from the port of Piraeus in Athens. The port of Piraeus is located approximately 15 km south of the city center of Athens and 45 km from Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos. You can get to the port of Piraeus by car, taxi, as well as public transport, including bus, metro and suburban railway.
Ferries from Athens to Ikaria normally depart from Piraeus Port Gates E2, E9 and E10. Departure gates may change, so we recommend checking your ticket and the electronic display boards located at the port for more information.
Ferry companies in Greece are usually quite flexible when it comes to luggage size and weight. You can keep your luggage next to you or store your bags and suitcases in the designated luggage area on the ferry to Ikaria.
Good to know: bear in mind that there is no check-in procedure for luggage items.
Tip: each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. We recommend that you don’t carry more than 50 kg of luggage to avoid delays due to restricted space in the luggage area.
Most vessels traveling to Ikaria feature cabins with beds. We recommend that you book a cabin to enjoy the crossing in privacy and comfort.