Traveling from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Ikaria by ferry
The ferry route Athens (Piraeus) - Ikaria normally takes from 6 to 7.5 hours and costs start at 20€. Check our summary with the latest data for ferries.
Ferry schedules from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Ikaria*
Is there a ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Ikaria?
There are daily ferry itineraries from Piraeus to both ports of Ikaria -Agios Kyrikos and Evdilos-. However, this can change depending on the season and weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. The ferry company that usually operates this route is Blue Star Ferries.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Ikaria?
The ferry trip from the port of Piraeus to Ikaria takes from 6 to 7.5 hours, depending on the port of arrival and vessel. For this reason, we suggest that you book a cabin or airline seat if you want to travel more comfortably and sleep during the trip.
How much is the ferry from Athens (Piraeus) to Ikaria?
Ferry tickets for the route Piraeus - Ikaria start from 20€, while the usual price is about 33-42€. However, the total cost can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers, and seat or cabin type.
What’s the ferry schedule from Athens (Piraeus) to Ikaria?
There are everyday ferry crossings from Piraeus to Ikaria. The earliest ferry usually departs at 14:00 and arrives at Agios Kyrikos around 20:30. The last scheduled trip is at 22:00, reaching the port of Agios Kyrikos at 07:00 the next morning. Ferries to Evdilos usually depart at 17:30 and arrive after midnight.
What’s the distance between Athens (Piraeus) and Ikaria?
Ikaria is located 124 nautical miles (230 km) east of Piraeus.
Am I allowed to travel from Athens (Piraeus) to Ikaria?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
The Armenistis settlement in beautiful Ikaria.
How can I book ferry tickets from Athens (Piraeus) to Ikaria?
On Ferryhopper you will find all ferry routes from Piraeus to Ikaria easily and quickly. Compare prices and times and book online ferry tickets in just 4 clicks.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens (Piraeus) to Ikaria
- Keep in mind that. If you go to the port of Piraeus by means of transport, you will need some time to reach the departure gate. You can contact the port authorities to find out the gate number.
- The vessels that serve the route Piraeus - Ikaria have a garage for transporting vehicles.
- The port of Piraeus is usually full of travelers throughout the summer season and many ferries can arrive or depart at the same time. We recommend that you be at the port at least 1 hour earlier, especially if you are traveling by car.
- You can combine your vacation in Ikaria with an island-hopping experience around the neighboring islands such as Chios, Lesvos, Samos and Fournoi. On our interactive map of ferries, you will easily find all the ferry connections of Ikaria.
- Ikaria has 2 ports: Agios Kyrikos and Evdilos. To confirm the port of arrival but also for more information, the Ferryhopper customer service team is available to assist you.