Traveling from Kavala to Ikaria by ferry
The ferry route Kavala - Ikaria normally takes from 16h to 21h and costs start at 40€. Check our summary with the latest data for ferries.
Ferry schedules from Kavala to Ikaria*
Is there a ferry from Kavala to Ikaria?
You can find 2-3 weekly itineraries from Kavala to both ports of Ikaria - Evdilos and Agios Kirikos -. This can change depending on the season and weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. This ferry connection is usually operated by Blue Star Ferries.
How long is the ferry ride from Kavala to Ikaria?
The duration of the ferry trip from Kavala to Ikaria depends on the port of arrival you have chosen. Indicatively for Agios Kirikos the journey lasts close to 21 hours and for Evdilos close to 16 hours and 30 minutes. Due to the long duration, we recommend booking a cabin or airline seat to travel more comfortably.
How much is the ferry from Kavala to Ikaria?
The average cost for the single ferry ticket for the route Kavala - Ikaria is approximately 40-50€. However, the total cost can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers, and seat or cabin type.
What’s the ferry schedule from Kavala to Ikaria?
There are around 3 weekly ferry crossings from Kavala to the ports of Ikaria. The earliest ferry usually departs at 09:00 and arrives in Agios Kirikos around 01:00, after midnight. The last scheduled trip is at 18:00, reaching the port of Evdilos at 10:20 next morning.
What’s the distance between from Kavala to Ikaria?
The distance between Kavala and Ikaria translates to 174 nautical miles (321 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Kavala to Ikaria?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Golden beach in Ikaria.
How can I book ferry tickets from Kavala to Ikaria?
Travel easily by ferry from Northern Greece to the islands of the Eastern Aegean with Ferryhopper. Compare prices, hours and book cheap ferry tickets online in just 4 clicks!
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Kavala to Ikaria
- The port of Kavala is easily accessible as it is located near the city center and about 30 km from the airport.
- Most ferries that connect Kavala to Ikaria have garages for transporting vehicles.
- If you decide to bring along your car, we suggest you arrive at the port at least 45 minutes earlier.
- Ikaria is located in the Eastern Aegean and is connected by ferry to the neighboring islands such as Chios, Samos and Fourni. On the interactive map of Ferryhopper you can see all the connections of Ikaria and organize island hopping in a few minutes.
- Ikaria has 2 ports connected to Kavala: Evdilos and Agios Kirikos. For more information on arrival times and ports, please contact Ferryhopper's customer service team.